What makes this game so incredibly frustrating to play ?

19 hours ago, KlausBBK said:

@Aizuk

Cannot agree with you until you finally add Insane repair costs on your list of frustrations!

Just play where there aren't insane repair costs... So that's about 70% or the game... Not bad!

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Deranger79 said:

Just play where there aren't insane repair costs... So that's about 70% or the game... Not bad!

Too bad that within those 30%, there are tanks that i really really really would love to play.

It can't be the solution to just cut these vehicles out in order to avoid either being bankrupt, or paying real money.

• Like 1
medal

24 minutes ago, KlausBBK said:

Too bad that within those 30%, there are tanks that i really really really would love to play.

It can't be the solution to just cut these vehicles out in order to avoid either being bankrupt, or paying real money.

Yeah, I stick to the low and mid tiers just because I'm fine with the vehicles there.  I've got an interest for more modern vehicles too, but it's really not as strong as that for WW2 vehicles.  I keep hearing some people say that if a player can't handle top tier repair costs, they can play some low tier to gain SL.  That, I don't understand.  It's literally playing a game you don't want to play in order to be able to play a game you do want to play.

13 hours ago, False_Swiss said:

Yeah, I stick to the low and mid tiers just because I'm fine with the vehicles there.  I've got an interest for more modern vehicles too, but it's really not as strong as that for WW2 vehicles.  I keep hearing some people say that if a player can't handle top tier repair costs, they can play some low tier to gain SL.  That, I don't understand.  It's literally playing a game you don't want to play in order to be able to play a game you do want to play.

There will always be more optimal ways to gain SL. Playing something in the mid tiers is just that. Why? The costs are less, it's a more forgiving tier, armor can still matter, matches are quick, the vehicle SL multiplers are decent, more RP and SL when uptiered, less quitters. So SL boosters can be used with a mid tier premium, SL wagers can be done, etc.

Many want to only play top tier. Top tier doesn't make everything else obsolete. Changing BR at times is good as it provide variety. I love playing 7.0 with a lot of nations. It's basically like top tier. Take the Vickers for example. It's quick, mobile, good reload, stabilizer, good gun, doesn't care about uptiers. Similar to top tier vehicles, in a sense. A beast of a machine at its BR. Gameplay is fairly similar, again with less quitters and no helicopters. So it's actually more enjoyable.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

19 hours ago, KlausBBK said:

Well that is unfortunate.  Luckily for me I don't care much for military vehicles and just try to enjoy playing computer games so I can pick and choose where I want to be in this particular example.

Also, I would not be too frustrated as a F2P player and getting all you have from it so far, it sounds like a pretty good deal.  I do not see why those who only want a particular period's experience should get preferential treatment, especially when in the order of the game it is the very end of current content.  I'd sort of expect some financial input, but maybe I really don't get this "everything free" mentality.

I no longer use Premium time and I admit I just avoid areas that appear broken for balance reasons in terms of rewards/costs.  However I have invested about 3,500 hours into the game over the years and a fair amount of cash in Premium time and Premium vehicles and yet I do not expect the Developers to cater just to me or only one section of the community.

If the game was a one off payment then yes, the system would be silly.  But it isn't and the game would not exist without these sort of business models (F2P, P2Progress).

Sorry that your access to this game is reduced since you only really have a small section of the game that interests you (and that it is possibly the worst section of the game).

(I'm not saying whether you have paid money or not, but generalising the situation.  I just noticed you have shot up to where YOU want to be as quickly as possible, missing on the experience and SL earning potential that others readily enjoy.  I think it is quite obvious how that method comes with pitfalls, whereas others take longer to get there but with them comes a vast amount of experience and SL to buffer higher Ranks)

Edited by Deranger79
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, KlausBBK said:

Look for other games with those tanks. DCS: Combined Arms, ArmA, Steel Armor, Gunner Heat PC, Squad, etc. No one is holding a gun to your head and saying you must play War Thunder to play those tanks.

Edited by Delfigrey
medal

Ghost shells

Sparking

Constant uptiers that make vehicle unplayable and nothing more than a SL/RP pinata for premiums

Laughably bad map design 

Horrible kill assignment system

Naval top tier (LOL)

Dev team who's #1 goal is to frustrate the playerbase so they spend real $$

Could go on but I don't have hours to type them all out.

medal medal

On 18/01/2021 at 06:35, CSVP_Marty_cz said:

to play against immortal germans

*laughs as I slam a 75mm shell into the front of a Pz. IV F2 at BR 3.7*

For Air:

Bad kill credit

AI Gremlins for ticket bleed

GF maps ported to Air

25min timelimit

Unreliability of weaponry (one match you get always OHK with your weapons the next time you have to hope for a crit)

After all those years still no Ping of other players shown in the team statistics (which should be stock in every FPS game, guess GJ hasnt researched FPE & Parts, sorry i meant balans and player motivation yet)

Missile Meta against jets that barely scrape the 1100 kph mark

Mixed Matches

No EC

For Ground:

Post War, CheatFS and APDS spam in WW2 era

ULQ

Track and Barrel Torture

Invisible Tanks

Ghost Shells

ATGM already in your face after 10m out from spawn

Gokarts

Map design

Game modes

Tractionnerf

In General:

Bad Teams

Bad servers

Boosters not applyable after a good round

Desnyc

Still getting punished after loosing a round despite hardcarrying your team (eg 15 kills but instead of 20k RP you only get 5k because you couldnt carry hard enough despite being in the top 3 by a wide margin)

The TT´s are in the game that were obviously a mistake *Cough* Sweden, China, France *Cough*

Basically a combination of those in a different combination everytime i launch the game.

Edit: I forgot the constant Uptiering

Edit2: The RNG (eg. When a 183mm HESH cant Ammorack the Ammorack)

Edited by Karatekakerlake
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal

48 minutes ago, Karatekakerlake said:

The TT´s are in the game that were obviously a mistake *Cough* Sweden, China, France *Cough*

Why a mistake? If you mean in their implementation by Gaijin, yes, obviously, as everything they do regarding game design. If you mean just their presence, it's a silly entitled remark.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Kasukaru said:

Why a mistake? If you mean in their implementation by Gaijin, yes, obviously, as everything they do regarding game design. If you mean just their presence, it's a silly entitled remark.

Mistakes in terms of BR´s, technology and TT. France could be a subtree of GB thus you dont need another Copy Paste tree of US vehicles, China same as with the France tree and Sweden is in its performance already broken. 13mm that outperforms 20mm, check, apds in low tier, check, copy paste tree with next to no own creations that arent a copy of themselves, check. ridiculous gokarts in WW2 Era, check. 400mm Cheatfs at 5.3 or soon to be 5.0, check. Tell me at what point do these trees add something unique that really wants to make me play them? With every minor tree that gets implemented the balance act gets worse and worse. I wouldnt be so pissed off about these TT if they were something really unique or interesting designs,but more than half of them are just copy paste. Thus being just a waste of time that could be invested in improving the game otherweise. Whats next a TT for Tannu Tuwa? Liberia? Venezuela? Argentina? Antarctica? Maybe some rebel nation with Toyotas equipped with recoilless rifles, or some other random nation that could´ve some vehicles?

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal

I would add an alien TT that could only be used on 1st of April.

I feel it would be perfectly in line with the current trend of development, of course mixing with WWII vehicles would be fine.

medal

I don't even know why I am playing WT anymore tbh. I'm having more frustration than fun lately.

Its because there's so many toxic and broken things in the game.

Playing most of the time uptiered.

Getting killed by divine power in form of heli or plane and you cant do anything about it.

Hit mechanics is terrible. You do everything right but RNG says naaaah komrad, not good enough, then you die.

Some SPAA 's disbalance. R3 and Wirbelwind for example. Gajin thinks they are fine in BR's they are now.

Maps and map modes. We need more bans !

NIGHT BATTLES!

Weather ... one side having  better visibility than other.

Playing big maps in lower tiers with slow **** vehicles.

Battle pass season .. because we were not paying enough already for premium accounts, gold vehicles and all other stuff...

At least its eSports ready. LuL.

Edited by Shumenko
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

11 hours ago, Karatekakerlake said:

Mistakes in terms of BR´s, technology and TT. France could be a subtree of GB thus you dont need another Copy Paste tree of US vehicles, China same as with the France tree and Sweden is in its performance already broken. 13mm that outperforms 20mm, check, apds in low tier, check, copy paste tree with next to no own creations that arent a copy of themselves, check. ridiculous gokarts in WW2 Era, check. 400mm Cheatfs at 5.3 or soon to be 5.0, check. Tell me at what point do these trees add something unique that really wants to make me play them? With every minor tree that gets implemented the balance act gets worse and worse. I wouldnt be so pissed off about these TT if they were something really unique or interesting designs,but more than half of them are just copy paste. Thus being just a waste of time that could be invested in improving the game otherweise. Whats next a TT for Tannu Tuwa? Liberia? Venezuela? Argentina? Antarctica? Maybe some rebel nation with Toyotas equipped with recoilless rifles, or some other random nation that could´ve some vehicles?

It's true that French air tech tree is lacking in tier III and IV  but the very same happens to germany after Tier V.. should it be a sub techtree of US/USSR afterwards ? That being said, French tank tree is probably the most unique in the game in terms of designs and philosophy that it brings into the table, their tanks have to be played very differently from what you can find in the big 3... Ah and also it's the 5th military power, one of the biggest arms seller/designer in the world so it deserves its rightfull place in the game since the game is not about WWII anymore. Italy and Sweden also deserve their place in the game, they also offer interesting and unique designs. China even though is mostly copy paste, also deserves its place in the game since it'll become the first economical and military power within 10-20 years.

On 29/01/2021 at 02:12, Karatekakerlake said:

Mistakes in terms of BR´s, technology and TT. France could be a subtree of GB thus you dont need another Copy Paste tree of US vehicles, China same as with the France tree and Sweden is in its performance already broken. 13mm that outperforms 20mm, check, apds in low tier, check, copy paste tree with next to no own creations that arent a copy of themselves, check. ridiculous gokarts in WW2 Era, check. 400mm Cheatfs at 5.3 or soon to be 5.0, check. Tell me at what point do these trees add something unique that really wants to make me play them? ...

I'm going to assume that your post above is a joke (not a very good one) or voluntarily provocative. I won't speak for the Chinese tree or the Swedish one because I am not as knowledgeable about these as I am with French technology or British one. But if anyone takes these remarks seriously, go back to school or go read some books or something. Ignorance is bliss, I know, but spewing nonsense can be harmful. Obviously, there is a short 5 years gap (over the course of the 75+ years the game covers) in technology, design and production for France, when the country was occupied by Germany. Conversely, there is of course a 20 to 25 years of gap for Germany, Japan and Italy, when Axis powers were occupied by the winners of WWII. These "holes" need to be filled by copy paste vehicles or captured vehicles from the two main powers (the USA and the USSR, mostly but not exclusively). But to say that France should be a subtree of the UK is both insulting, ignorant and not even remotely accurate (since most vehicles acquired by France from the Allies during and after WWII were from the USA). As for the unique designs brought by France and that could or should be included in a tech tree, let me remind you who invented or co-invented APDS, auto-loaders, oscillating turrets, the 75 mm AT gun, the delta wing on jets, hyper-manoeuvring missiles, invertor gear-boxes and so on and so forth? Yep, France (and yes, I know some of these were more or less simultaneously invented in different countries). Also, just for info, the modern tank (chassis plus turret) is yet again a French invention (Renault FT). There are literally hundreds of original, non copy pasted vehicles that could or will be added to the French tech tree by Gaijin. Even more so for the modern era. Whether they want to do it or not, whether they are able to find the accurate info or not is another debate entirely. But the post you made is simply silly.

Edited by Kasukaru
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

17 minutes ago, Rufus368 said:

The lack of new maps, and the map filter makes thing even worse. Years spent playing on the same scenarios makes this game boring.

But people just care about new shiny vehicles to play on the same small tin.

Thing is it is geared to newer players. There is less money to be had from long term players and that's fair enough, it's a company not a charity.

But I agree, it is stale at times, though personally it's the generally identical plays by teams; I've seen much more interesting matches no matter the map which are the matches that keep us hoping for more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deranger79 said:

Thing is it is geared to newer players. There is less money to be had from long term players and that's fair enough, it's a company not a charity.

But I agree, it is stale at times, though personally it's the generally identical plays by teams; I've seen much more interesting matches no matter the map which are the matches that keep us hoping for more.

Adding content and making the game elvolve can be done at the same time. It's been 7 years that we are playing the same modes on the same maps when in the meantime, there is a ton of content that has been added/will be added that screams for a change in gamedesign.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 minutes ago, Tantor57 said:

Adding content and making the game elvolve can be done at the same time. It's been 7 years that we are playing the same modes on the same maps when in the meantime, there is a ton of content that has been added/will be added that screams for a change in gamedesign.

Yes, WE are playing he same maps and modes, newer players aren't. In fact they have a few more than we did, just they cater to the CQC. And too many of the Ranks people prove that the majority can only really cope with limited choices, going by how teams react in general (7.7 to Top tier I don't know, never quite found the stomach for it, though I've had a decent mix of experience there if very limited).

Heck, they removed an experimental mode and everyone seems to hate single domination modes.

Which modes should they add? Not sure if there any current pending or lost to the ether.

I personally want improvement too. I just can see why Gaijin might not have dealt with things longer term players find frustrating (in some cases).

Edited by Deranger79

On 15/01/2021 at 12:17, Icy_Skies said:

A lot of things but i try to be synthetic as possible:

Air RB match making: seriously japan and usa in the same team. If you have to balance the axis try to fix other planes and cannons (hispano and russian 20mm)

Air RB time and IA: 25 mins of maximum battle and this xxxx attackers that make people rush for those targets to not lose the game for ticketss. It's almost impossible to get a good fight specially with props.

Air RB until 10.0: where a sabre have to fight an harrier. lol.

Air rb in general: is now a meme game mode, it's not even fun. After 105 days in that mode i just play planes in mixed rb.

Decision making: the only company that needs months for make a decision. Remember p47 with air spawn? R2y? Now the a7d. The stupid BR compression, a g91 that can face a lighting. 

Stock vehicles: is not even worth unlock a new vehicles (specially tanks). No part, no fpe, heatfs... same for planes, only a stupid cannon against people with 6 r60. 

Maps: there are good maps in this game but they are very few. The majority of maps are obsolete and without any sense... when mbt have to fight in fortress. About planes in top br  it would be good if we can have a fight in maps like Bologne-sur- mer.

Helicopters grinding mode: good luck if you want to use your wasp there. 

Competitive events: if we can call them "competitive". A grinding game can't be a competitive one. When i tried to watch an event like that on twitch... i found it very good to fight the insomnia. 

Norway: pls give me back this map. (only my opinion here :D) 

R3: vehicles like this one are so xxxx stupid that just ruins the entire gameplay. 4.0 LOL.

But the worst thing that make me so sad about this game: They don't even talk to their community. There are so many problems, we don't know on what they are working (are they working actually?), we have to wait months before something happens, we have to wait the russian Boy that will show us some vehicles and nothing else. It's sad, it's like the community it's just there to grab money. 

The game overall is pretty good, they did an amazing job in years but there are problems since 2014 that are still waiting to be solved. We need an overall fix to increase the game structure (br, maps... the basics concepts), fix what we have now. 

i agree with you totaly man, but, how we can convince gaijin to do something? there some petition to sign? something? exspecially with the Hispano i love spitfire but i really can't use it because i just get mad using, it's always a suffer, always spark spark spark, xxxx**ing always, how it's possibile that they don't see that? 

Edited by enzo_dc
medal medal medal medal medal medal