What makes this game so incredibly frustrating to play ?

On 12/08/2020 at 20:10, Altair2069 said:

A happy player base = Good PR

Good PR = More players

More players = More revenue

There are alot of ways to not make this game a hell hole while maintaining good gameplay. The way they frustrate the players is the main reason why this game is so stagnant in its entire existence. I'm sure gaijin is spending a ton of money in ads and sponsorships which could've been mitigated if they maintained a good reputation.

Let me ask you.. Do you hear anyone who've played WT for some time say good things about this game? Maybe the paid ones, but most of it are complaints.

There have been studies about players and the result of their wishes added to games. I really wish I could find the article or study reports. But anyway, the conclusion was that people on average don't really understand what they want and the implications. A popular idea, when implemented, can turn out to make things worse for players.

Similar thing happened with the skill based matchmaking back in 2014. People wanted it, it got implemented, and then players felt they got shafted with more people at their competitive level. Even playing with friends was a no-go as the less experienced friends got moved up to the highest skill level of the group, making games even more frustrating for them. This is why it's advisable to take the ideas people throw around with a pinch of salt, analyse and look for potential risk and issues.

In the end, everyone can not be happy. Personally I try to stay as objective as possible, while doing so I can appreciate the game more for what it is and trying to achieve without being blinded by negative or positive emotion. There are a lot of good things with the game, or it wouldn't have made it running for 7 years. The gameplay isn't as frustrating as many make it sound, and it can be affected by how we think and act while playing. Good choices more likely end up with good results.

If the game feel stagnant, I'd recommend taking a break or change the way you play. Perhaps get some new friends from the game and play together. Good company change a lot of things in positive ways.

Those that can be objectively honest and see things more for what they are, I've heard say good things about the game. It's not a bad game overall, it's the issues around we players amplify. Some might think spawn camping is what is making the game the worst thing on the planet, other say helicopters, or maybe speak of the "atrocious" matchmaker putting them in the occasional uptier, etc. Whatever it is, we keep hearing that "game is dying", and it's "litterally unplayable", etc etc. Salty people with dimmed views due to their negative mentality, making them focus on the bad things and not the good things.

Map rotation since It came screwed things over because the filter is not separated according to br.

Yes map design is subjective but it's common sense that top MBT's are much more fun to play in larger maps than arcade maps like abandoned factory and frozen pass. Some small maps are still applicable at top tier but it should not compose 90% of the matches.

With the map filter, as we can ban maps we're separating players able to be matched, so either we wait longer in the queue or see less maps. Both are in the long run negative.

I dont mind top tier on smaller maps. That mean less campers over big open fields, which really make for more passive gameplay. Sitting behind the same rock for 10 minutes I can not see being much fun. It might be safe, it might earn a few kills, but I can see how off-putting it also is to a lot of people. Being pinned down is almost the same. Same position, little activity.

People seem to underestimate a F2P player. Players F2P or not when happy tend to recommend a game to their acquaintances and that helps alot in game development. It's basically free advertisement. In my case if anyone asks me if I recommend WT, even if i get paid i would honestly say "No" because how bad the management is.

Someone still have to pay. No money returning to Gaijin, will mean no game running. The F2P part of the playerbase is good for keeping the game populated, but doesn't directly pay the bills. Intended way of playing seem more likely to be with Premium, like a subscription based game. You get the faster progress and bigger rewards, but still invest time to progress. Premium vehicles are also part of this income. The marketplace is another venue Gaijin can get some money from. Cosmetics like skins, decals, decorations, etc. A F2P player doesn't really participate in any of this.

I would definetly recommend the game if it fit the interest of the other person. Anyone liking tanks or planes, having MMORPG experience, and we're basically done.

This is actually something impossible to change as it is where gaijin makes most of their money of. Tbh i have no problem with the grind as it gives us something to strive to. My problem is the imbalances which affects all players F2P or not and the terrible issues like i mentioned that should've been fixed a long time ago.

There are rarely any easy fixes. If the problem hasn't been fixed, it is perhaps not considered as a problem or not reported as such, or considered a smaller problem of lower priority which doesn't need fixing immediately, or working as intended, or potential fixes causes other imbalances. Whatever it is, there's always a reason.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1) the matchmaking spread.

The game started off with a 0.7 BR spread a long time ago.

Gaijin saw fit to change that to 1.0 BR

Spread.

I know no one who wouldn't want it to go back to 0.7.

2) poor map design and changes.

Dong get me wrong, some changes are great, like when Gaijin removed some fences from the Italy map.

But so many maps are just outright not what we want, not to mention the fact that we now have the possibility of playing low tier maps in a 10.0 game thanks to the like/dislike map update.

If you want some proof of poor changes, do you remember the last time you landed/took off a plane and there was a massive bump in the runway? Or the last time you were flanking in a tank and suddenly hit a sharp angle that you couldn't get traction on

3) Making changes to the game to stimulate micro transactions.

I'll give a recent example of the change to stock shells that are apfsds.

They have now been swapped to heat if they carry them.

Choosing to do this instead of a "quality of life improvement" is insane.

Tldr: 

1) the matchmaking spread.

2) poor map design and changes.

3) Making changes to the game to stimulate micro transactions.

Inb4 the if you don't like it don't play it crowd.

I've been here too long to truely care.

Edited by ABT653
  • Upvote 3
medal medal

Once I played M4A3E2 and met IS-2 (1943). I have a certain angle when facing IS-2. The IS-2 APHE hit my radiator behind tank. As a result, all members of the tank were killed. Do you believe that APHE even no explode, it just hits the radiator.

I was very frustrated and even wanted to uninstall the game.

as a player who has played WT for a several years. This situation is too common. I really can't stand it anymore!

The gameplay of the RB game is also destined to keep everyone away from the battle and snipe you,our team always die before reaching the ABC point. Only a few player who cap ABC. This situation is very common in big map.

Every time you enter RB mode, whether it is cap the A or cap the B, this single game mode is boring.Why can't there be more game modes?

There are more and more vehicles, but they are the rebirth points of OP vehicles((Various HEATFS vehicles in Sweden, 5.3 Panther D and so on) Unbalanced BR (75mm (m3) and 76w vs pak 40 Jagdpanzer IV and Swedish SH405,Why is the  German new M48 at 9.7? The 105mm cannon is not as powerful as the Kpz70's 152mm). RB has to beware of the P47/410B6R3 in the sky, yourself. RB’s Bomber and attacker is likely to be shot down by any kind of fighter. The War thunder is so boring

Edited by SueDaftPuNk1997
  • Haha 1
medal

Do any of you remember the early days of WT?  Before there were BR's?  I do. There were 20 levels of planes.  Biplanes found themselves in matches with ME-163's.  There was no matchmaker. I have very vivid memories (nightmares) of having my F4F Wildcat boom and zoomed by a flying rocket doing 900kph.   It was a queue dump.  The game has progressed a long way since then. 

Edited by Pope_Shizzle
  • Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal

I'm going to change my answer to this one, LOL. The thing that frustrates me the most about this game right now is my own damned ineptitude. I did OK with my Soviet tanks (stock) but am finding that I am just awful at playing some of the most capable tanks in the game...fully upgraded M1A1 & A2. Losing so many SL with premium that it's shocking.

I feel like I'm just mentally slower than other people or something...everybody beats me on the draw and shoots out my gun barrel before I can fire, super frustrating. Thermals are good for finding people, but seem to screw me over when I'm shooting at this fuzzy blob of light and miss the weakspots.

I want to keep playing the top tier tanks because I'm hooked on the speed and the guns, but I wonder if it will get any better. I wish there was some kind of speed drill I could do to practice getting my gun on target and firing faster than the other guy without muffing the shot.

medal medal medal

13 hours ago, MattS93 said:

I'm going to change my answer to this one, LOL. The thing that frustrates me the most about this game right now is my own damned ineptitude. I did OK with my Soviet tanks (stock) but am finding that I am just awful at playing some of the most capable tanks in the game...fully upgraded M1A1 & A2. Losing so many SL with premium that it's shocking.

I feel like I'm just mentally slower than other people or something...everybody beats me on the draw and shoots out my gun barrel before I can fire, super frustrating. Thermals are good for finding people, but seem to screw me over when I'm shooting at this fuzzy blob of light and miss the weakspots.

I want to keep playing the top tier tanks because I'm hooked on the speed and the guns, but I wonder if it will get any better. I wish there was some kind of speed drill I could do to practice getting my gun on target and firing faster than the other guy without muffing the shot.

Pure experience.  Stabilized 60km/h run and gun fighting is a brand new game.  Everytime I find myself getting used to it, I make the mistake of going back and playing WW2 vehicles.  Then its like learning a new game all over again.  

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, MattS93 said:

I know we've had our differences in other threads, but I just want to show my respect for this kind of post.

Admitting and understanding our abilities and limits is always important to properly improve ourselves. Everyone should do this. Put ego and attitude at the door, admit out weaknesses and then do something about them. I sincerely wish you best of luck, finding that speed and accuracy.

I do agree with Pope that it's experience and switching BR range can make you lose some of the "touch". I would add that as long as you play with a mobile vehicle with a stabiliser you should get into it more and more, sooner or later. Messing around in Test Drive just to get a feel for it can also be enough to trigger your body and brain.

• Thanks 1

On 18/08/2020 at 20:21, Arium said:

Messing around in Test Drive just to get a feel for it can also be enough to trigger your body and brain.

Sometimes I suspect that Test Drive is part of my problem, actually...all the time in the world to line up shots etc. Builds bad habits.

If I knew programming I would love to create some kind of drill in WT where you drive along a path and tank targets pop up at various ranges and angles and you have to shoot them before they pop back down. Maybe the new Tank Biathlon will suffice.:D

medal medal medal

On 12/08/2020 at 08:11, Arium said:

Spawn sniping is a valid tactic.

Look I'm all for some imbalances but even I consider that too weak to defend.  Taking the most gamey elements and exploiting them is counter intuitive to the realism of the game even in arcade.  Also who respects a spawn killer?   Ever see a video of anyone reeling off a bunch of kills in a spawn topping the list of any gamer feats in any game?  I get a bomber getting to attack an airfield and if you're there that's incidental but otherwise this is the lowest of the low.    It needs to finally be fixed anyone who is against the ability for tank v tank, fighter v fighter, or torpedoing the spawn to death only wants it because they lack any real abilities other than a gimmick only present in a game

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 10/08/2020 at 00:32, DaffanZ said:

The horrible balance with 0 thought design 

and 0 map balance

i mean, from an AB standpoint, the maps arnt terrible 

they have mentioned that AB plays the most. so the maps being designed for that makes sense 

Basically everything that has been posted and more, for me personally is the deviation from the WWII/Early Cold War era and the zero interest from Gaijin into making the game somewhat realistic in terms of vehicle loadouts, battles that actually took place, etc.

Nothing similar to WT has come out yet, that's the only reason I still cling to this mess.

On 15/08/2020 at 01:17, Arium said:

There have been studies about players and the result of their wishes added to games. I really wish I could find the article or study reports. But anyway, the conclusion was that people on average don't really understand what they want and the implications. A popular idea, when implemented, can turn out to make things worse for players.

Similar thing happened with the skill based matchmaking back in 2014. People wanted it, it got implemented, and then players felt they got shafted with more people at their competitive level. Even playing with friends was a no-go as the less experienced friends got moved up to the highest skill level of the group, making games even more frustrating for them. This is why it's advisable to take the ideas people throw around with a pinch of salt, analyse and look for potential risk and issues.

In the end, everyone can not be happy. Personally I try to stay as objective as possible, while doing so I can appreciate the game more for what it is and trying to achieve without being blinded by negative or positive emotion. There are a lot of good things with the game, or it wouldn't have made it running for 7 years. The gameplay isn't as frustrating as many make it sound, and it can be affected by how we think and act while playing. Good choices more likely end up with good results.

If the game feel stagnant, I'd recommend taking a break or change the way you play. Perhaps get some new friends from the game and play together. Good company change a lot of things in positive ways.

Those that can be objectively honest and see things more for what they are, I've heard say good things about the game. It's not a bad game overall, it's the issues around we players amplify. Some might think spawn camping is what is making the game the worst thing on the planet, other say helicopters, or maybe speak of the "atrocious" matchmaker putting them in the occasional uptier, etc. Whatever it is, we keep hearing that "game is dying", and it's "litterally unplayable", etc etc. Salty people with dimmed views due to their negative mentality, making them focus on the bad things and not the good things.

There's a difference between "not everyone can be happy" and the whole community is ready to burn down WT if given the chance. The only reason that this game is alive is because there are no direct competitors to it. The moment a big game dev decides to make a game similar to WT i'm sure this game will be left to rot. The changes and fixes most players ask are actually legit and for the sake of the game itself. (eg. br decompression, bug/map fixes, etc.) but instead gaijin decides to ignore legitimate suggestions but instead implement changes that are not only detrimental to the players but to the game itself.

With the map filter, as we can ban maps we're separating players able to be matched, so either we wait longer in the queue or see less maps. Both are in the long run negative.

I dont mind top tier on smaller maps. That mean less campers over big open fields, which really make for more passive gameplay. Sitting behind the same rock for 10 minutes I can not see being much fun. It might be safe, it might earn a few kills, but I can see how off-putting it also is to a lot of people. Being pinned down is almost the same. Same position, little activity.

The irony is the camping issue is even more prevalent in smaller maps in top tier as everyone is basically within effective range with guns that fire apfsds. It's now just point and click, no more strategy whatsoever.

Someone still have to pay. No money returning to Gaijin, will mean no game running. The F2P part of the playerbase is good for keeping the game populated, but doesn't directly pay the bills. Intended way of playing seem more likely to be with Premium, like a subscription based game. You get the faster progress and bigger rewards, but still invest time to progress. Premium vehicles are also part of this income. The marketplace is another venue Gaijin can get some money from. Cosmetics like skins, decals, decorations, etc. A F2P player doesn't really participate in any of this.

I would definetly recommend the game if it fit the interest of the other person. Anyone liking tanks or planes, having MMORPG experience, and we're basically done.

The top performing F2P games in the whole gaming industry doesn't even need to rely on being P2W in order to get money out of players. A good example of this is TF2 which get their money out of skins and "HATS" yes.. those damn hats. Despite that if they wanted to TF2 could've easily be a P2W game; but look at them they're loved by their entire community while maintaining a fun game. I'm not saying gaijin should do the same, but this shows you can have a game without relying on being too P2W. There's nothing wrong to have a P2W system as long as it's under controlled; but gaijin made it so blatant and greedy (Ka-50) that it compromises gameplay and causes their players to hate them even more. Look at now the once stock apfsds now cost 200SL a shot and needs 20k rp to unlock. The sheer audacity of it.

There are rarely any easy fixes. If the problem hasn't been fixed, it is perhaps not considered as a problem or not reported as such, or considered a smaller problem of lower priority which doesn't need fixing immediately, or working as intended, or potential fixes causes other imbalances. Whatever it is, there's always a reason.

The reason is greed and incompetency. Any game dev in the right mind would prioritize listening to good suggestion and fixing problems in the game. Sadly that's not what we're seeing.

Edited by Altair2069
medal

On 21/08/2020 at 00:58, MattS93 said:

Sometimes I suspect that Test Drive is part of my problem, actually...all the time in the world to line up shots etc. Builds bad habits.

If I knew programming I would love to create some kind of drill in WT where you drive along a path and tank targets pop up at various ranges and angles and you have to shoot them before they pop back down. Maybe the new Tank Biathlon will suffice.:D

Yeah, there's a point in that. Could do custom battles as well and mess around with moving bots. Not all players are aware of their surroundings and act almost like mindless bots. It become less static than Test Drive. If you play with some friends, do make a custom 1v1 or 2v2 and play a few of those to warm up.

Overall, much of it is mental. Not "feeling it", will result in a worse session. So staying positive, focusing on the good things that happen, those awesome hits, those perfect 1-shots, dodging shells like Flash, etc. That will also bring out the best in you.

On 21/08/2020 at 01:14, [email protected] said:

Look I'm all for some imbalances but even I consider that too weak to defend.  Taking the most gamey elements and exploiting them is counter intuitive to the realism of the game even in arcade.  Also who respects a spawn killer?   Ever see a video of anyone reeling off a bunch of kills in a spawn topping the list of any gamer feats in any game?  I get a bomber getting to attack an airfield and if you're there that's incidental but otherwise this is the lowest of the low.    It needs to finally be fixed anyone who is against the ability for tank v tank, fighter v fighter, or torpedoing the spawn to death only wants it because they lack any real abilities other than a gimmick only present in a game

I don't consider it an exploit in need of a fix. I see it as a tool in the toolbox. Sometimes there's a need for a hammer, sometimes a screwdriver, sometimes a wrench. If you want to stop the sink from overflowing, you turn the tap and stop the water.  There's a time and place for it.

It's not really a big deal in my mind. You're making it into a moral issue. We're supposed to shoot at each other, within this "sandbox" we're allowed to play inside. If you let loose 32 players in a big sandbox and allowing respawns, someone will target that enemy spawn area sooner or later. Why? Because people popup there. Finding enemies is part of it, shooting at them another.

I would argue that refusing to use valid tactics, valid options, is a sign of "lack of abilities". Not undertanding the usefulness, "is lack of abilities". A bad player rushing enemy spawn will just get himself killed. A good player also hold other qualities making him good. Understanding his situation and available options is something that separate them too.

"Map control" is something I often talk about. If you keep fighting on your own half of the map, you allow enemies to come to you. This is true in both Air, Ground and Naval. Don't do this. Prevent enemies from advancing. Use those tools. I don't know about you, but personally I feel winning engagements and winning matches, are both more fun than losing.

On 21/08/2020 at 12:12, Altair2069 said:

There's a difference between "not everyone can be happy" and the whole community is ready to burn down WT if given the chance. The only reason that this game is alive is because there are no direct competitors to it. The moment a big game dev decides to make a game similar to WT i'm sure this game will be left to rot. The changes and fixes most players ask are actually legit and for the sake of the game itself. (eg. br decompression, bug/map fixes, etc.) but instead gaijin decides to ignore legitimate suggestions but instead implement changes that are not only detrimental to the players but to the game itself.

I don't agree with you, and "the only reason" is the part which make me not trust your words. I will mention World of Warcraft as an example here. Do you know the most common answer from people that keep coming back to it is? "Too invested". Spending a lot of time with something will make it harder to leave permanently. Taking breaks is fine, and recommended as it helps with appreciating the game. I highly doubt the community want the game to burn. Why are we all playing it? If it's not enjoyable, there are other things to participate in. Anyone wanting to play do find it enjoyable to some degree.

Many players to not understand how to fix things. They're biased, and their own personal pet peave become the "biggest problem", and the fix to that is always something that suit themselves. No regards to other people that might be affected negatively with that "fix". Is it then really a good fix? Of course not. Gaijin has to see to the population as whole.

BR compression is often talked about, and the answer from Gaijin I've seen is sound. If adding more BR levels is not supported by number of players, then it's not doable. The game has to work even when you don't play. It has to work outside of peak hours. Stretching the player base too thin come with issues. That's a way to get players to state "dead game" and leave, when they can't get matches in time.

Map fixes are also very subjective. Many suggest to protect spawn with a lot of obsticles and hills, but do not realise that those people need to leave the place too. Cover create paths, bottle necks. These paths can be covered and hard to push through.

When it comes to design, it seems that people want to have symetrical maps instead of asymetical maps, to give both sides equal chance. That's going to get boring faster than any map available. it's basically an issue with Italy.

Cover in general is needed. Especially on the big open maps. Too much open space and it becomes an issue to move around, which allow for very static gameplay (snipers). Maps without flanking paths are in need of change, for gameplay purpose.

What changes have they implemented that were detrimental for players and the game?

The irony is the camping issue is even more prevalent in smaller maps in top tier as everyone is basically within effective range with guns that fire apfsds. It's now just point and click, no more strategy whatsoever.

It's not the maps, the maps are actually not bad to play even at top tier. It's the vehicles that are "point and click". As soon as armor become irrelevant, it start to be less about skill and more about luck or reaction.

The top performing F2P games in the whole gaming industry doesn't even need to rely on being P2W in order to get money out of players. A good example of this is TF2 which get their money out of skins and "HATS" yes.. those damn hats. Despite that if they wanted to TF2 could've easily be a P2W game; but look at them they're loved by their entire community while maintaining a fun game. I'm not saying gaijin should do the same, but this shows you can have a game without relying on being too P2W. There's nothing wrong to have a P2W system as long as it's under controlled; but gaijin made it so blatant and greedy (Ka-50) that it compromises gameplay and causes their players to hate them even more. Look at now the once stock apfsds now cost 200SL a shot and needs 20k rp to unlock. The sheer audacity of it.

What's P2W in War Thunder? I can't think of anything really that you can buy and then win. Not like the conspiracy theories like "buy premium and get special treatment", etc. The classic KA-50 is often mentioned, but that doesn't help elsewhere, so is it then really considered "p2w" which break the game? No, there's so much else in this game apart from 1 vehicle, so it can't really be considered either. What shall someone pay for to play some other nation?. The 6-pack of large bushes which can't be bought anymore? Yeah, perhaps, but it can't be bought anymore. So in the end what shall a new player invest in to win? Please, expand on that.

I don't think more hats would make the game more enjoyable. The visual addons can only do so much. I know many that doesn't even bother with decor or decals. I don't even bother. 

The reason is greed and incompetency. Any game dev in the right mind would prioritize listening to good suggestion and fixing problems in the game. Sadly that's not what we're seeing.

Many features have been implemented due to player demand. The game wouldn't have lasted for 7+ years if it was all greed and incompetence. Have a snickers.

Edited by Arium

The most pain in the arse is the match matching. Over last 2 years they put new vehicles in countries trees without regarding how those vehicles will perform and how the balance will be affected. They make up 2 excuses: historical accuracy and Q time. But they lie. Cause they broke historical accuracy putting in same match WWII tanks with post war ones. Now is useless to play a heavy tank specially when you are full uptier (wrong MM). Why you should use a slow, unmanouvrable, with bad turret rotation and huge reload tank with lots of armour if the enemy can penetrate you even in front plate from any angle?

That cause of wrong MM. Why is that MM? Cause of Q time. Is it? As you can see in image below, no is not! And is not normal to get 12 matches in row FULL UPTIER. With this broken MM they destroy the only part of game that is still fun: matches at low BR (3.0 till 5.0). At those BR game is still fun. Is not so much affected by the new tanks that they introduced without study of impact. They became more and more greedy since hard core of players had quit and new ones do not spend so much in game cause of unbalance of it. More and more players quit before reach top tiers. More and more topics here with upset people. Gaijin  care about? NO! Their idea of balancing the game is to make certain tanks unplayable cause of repair cost. In other words, yes, we dont care if there are some OP tanks that ruin the game cause we dont know how to balance it, but those tanks are so expensive than nobody want to play them. So matter solved! Shame! This game could be better than any other shooter out there. Insted is worst than most of them.

2020-08-23 (6).png

On 22/08/2020 at 03:52, Arium said:

It's not really a big deal in my mind. You're making it into a moral issue. We're supposed to shoot at each other, within this "sandbox" we're allowed to play inside. If you let loose 32 players in a big sandbox and allowing respawns, someone will target that enemy spawn area sooner or later. Why? Because people popup there. Finding enemies is part of it, shooting at them another.

I would argue that refusing to use valid tactics, valid options, is a sign of "lack of abilities". Not undertanding the usefulness, "is lack of abilities". A bad player rushing enemy spawn will just get himself killed. A good player also hold other qualities making him good. Understanding his situation and available options is something that separate them too.

I get the point that you try to make, but that doesn't change the fact that the "mechanic" spawn camping has a xxxx design. For example, you could design the spawn areas different. Make it a big forest or whatever, so the respawning players have some kind of cover. Remove the need to respawn your entire deck into a lost match and loose 30k SL. There is a "middle way" ( sorry for the bad english ) that could improve the game for everybody.

Many players to not understand how to fix things. They're biased, and their own personal pet peave become the "biggest problem", and the fix to that is always something that suit themselves. No regards to other people that might be affected negatively with that "fix". Is it then really a good fix? Of course not. Gaijin has to see to the population as whole.

There are still enough problems that affect all/a huge majority of players. Take the bugged hit recognition that was mentioned earlier as an example, how long are people complaining about that? 4 years? 5? Radar is bugged for a very long time too.

BR compression is often talked about, and the answer from Gaijin I've seen is sound. If adding more BR levels is not supported by number of players, then it's not doable. The game has to work even when you don't play. It has to work outside of peak hours. Stretching the player base too thin come with issues. That's a way to get players to state "dead game" and leave, when they can't get matches in time.

Isn't that proof for bad game design? Again, your argument isn't completely wrong, however there's a line that can't be crossed without completely xxxx up balance. For example in air RB 9.0, you fly sabres from the 1950s against phantoms that are 3x faster in almost every match. It is completely xxxx, and only because the costs for top tier jets are so high that an insufficient amounth of people plays them, even at primetime. This kind of situation gets more common with every update.

5 hours ago, Lars_Carlson said:

I get the point that you try to make, but that doesn't change the fact that the "mechanic" spawn camping has a xxxx design. For example, you could design the spawn areas different. Make it a big forest or whatever, so the respawning players have some kind of cover. Remove the need to respawn your entire deck into a lost match and loose 30k SL. There is a "middle way" ( sorry for the bad english ) that could improve the game for everybody.

But what would happen then when people move away from the forest? That's just moving the kill zone a bit further out. Too much "hard cover" create bottlenecks, again just moving the kill zone. As long as there is respawns, taking control over that respawn area is tactically sound. It's just map control in the end.

I don't think there will be a middle way that can please everyone. A more optimal middle way that please a bigger majority of the playerbase, sure, but not all.

There are still enough problems that affect all/a huge majority of players. Take the bugged hit recognition that was mentioned earlier as an example, how long are people complaining about that? 4 years? 5? Radar is bugged for a very long time too.

I don't know much about the "bugged hit recognition", but I've seen a lot of players complain about something of the kind which ended up with them just aiming badly, when replays been reviewed. It's easy to blame the game. I don't deny that there are bugs and they should of course be fixed, but much of the issues presented by players are actually things they could "fix" by changing their mentality, their playstyle. Especially if we talk about things like previously mentioned spawn camping, or perhaps map design, uptiers, vehicle performance, vehicle types, planes in GF, economy, repair costs, progression, BR's, matchmaker, crew lock,. That should cover most of it that I can think of right now, but the list goes on.

Isn't that proof for bad game design? Again, your argument isn't completely wrong, however there's a line that can't be crossed without completely xxxx up balance. For example in air RB 9.0, you fly sabres from the 1950s against phantoms that are 3x faster in almost every match. It is completely xxxx, and only because the costs for top tier jets are so high that an insufficient amounth of people plays them, even at primetime. This kind of situation gets more common with every update.

The costs can be mitigated easily by sometimes playing something else, perhaps with premium, premium vehicles, using boosters (especially with premium vehicles), using wagers, playing together with others to win more often and lose less vehicles, etc. Many can also have a big SL buffer with good choices. Some problematic choices people tend to make is that they rush up the tech tree, not having access to good supporting vehicles, little to no SL to pay for needed expenses. Staying and investing time will develop crew skills, increase their SL buffer, allow them to get better at the game, etc.

If top tier would be too cheap, SL would sort of lose its purpose and there would have to be more kind of money sinks in the game.

When it comes to vehicle performance, if there's not enough players to support BR changes, then we have to live with it for now. There are going to be certain vehicles that outperform others within their BR ranges, which is true for every BR range.  Separating vehicles, for example WWII era, cold war and modern, would separate players as well from each other, causing more potential issues with matching people and queues. Most people would rather have some matches than no matches.

I've been playing this game since when it only had planes. Took a few years break in the middle, came back earlier this year due to lock downs.

The grind and economy of this game does not bother me at all. I have over 18mil SL and I have made progress in USSR, Brit, and German trees.

I find that I have no problem with the grind because I have no goals in this game at all. I play mostly Germany 7.3 and Brit 6.7. Using German BMP and KT10.5, I have unlocked the German tree up to the Leopard 2A4, but I dont buy them or play them, I just don't care about them. Same as the Brit tree. All I do is play my 6.7s and before I know it, all 7.7s are unlocked and now moving forward. 

My source of frustration comes from the enemy not dying when I think my shot should of killed them, or me dying when I think I should of survived the enemy's shot.

Plus there are a lot of one shot kills in this game, and if you die in 1 shot with no chance to even react, its frustrating.  

When it comes to the gameplay itself, many to be honest. But I've learnt to deal with it rather than making a big fuss out of it, my whole mentality in playing this game is "Play your best, even if it fails, complain how BS it was, get over it, and just move on to the next match" no matter how frustrating the results are. Stuff like ghost shells, cucked by Helicopters, getting seen from an angle and tons of bushes that even medium quality graphics shouldn't be able to see, and shooting an angle of a tank that should have penetrated but didn't even when the Protection Analysis said so, etc. Things like this has become so trivial to me after playing this game for 4 years intensively, I've gone numb to it.

Though I am more frustrated (and salty) of Gaijin's choices that impacts the game whole most of the time (like HEATpocalypse for example). They honestly have made some if not many questionable decisions over the years of me playing this game like buffing or nerfing certain vehicle's in BR from their supposed "statistics" that they never shown to us like how Lightning, a Supersonic that outperforms any Subsonic at its BR, became 9.7 because it underperforms at its previous BR because how the vehicle is while making the G.91 YS, a Subsonic, a 10.0 where it has to face Supersonics, with better missiles and speed than itself because it overperforms at its previous BR because most of the players that uses it knows what they're doing with it in which both are in fact stem from two different variables that should not have come to this decision, in fact at ALL. Lets move on to the Tanks part, where an IFV that has a Tandem Warhead ATGM and an autocannon that can penetrate early to mid MBTs easily was able to get to get its BR lowered, but cars with guns that can be killed by HMG/Autocannon has to get its BR raised. Honestly this grinds my gear more than a BS shot from players that may or may not cheat.

1 hour ago, Knightmare49 said:

..I've learnt to deal with it rather than making a big fuss out of it, my whole mentality in playing this game is "Play your best, even if it fails, complain how BS it was, get over it, and just move on to the next match" no matter how frustrating the results are. Stuff like ghost shells, cucked by Helicopters, getting seen from an angle and tons of bushes that even medium quality graphics shouldn't be able to see, and shooting an angle of a tank that should have penetrated but didn't even when the Protection Analysis said so, etc. Things like this has become so trivial to me after playing this game for 4 years intensively..

This is good stuff. This is what I suggest more people to do. Focusing on the good things that happen will come with more positive experiences, more helthy mood, better skill progression, etc. Getting in there, putting effort in, making it work. It stand true for any successful athlete as well. The mentality is important.

repair costs.

at least if things are bad, we could laugh about it if repair costs don't exist.

reduce stock repair cost to zero. modifications and the like can still cost SL, but for the love of god, make a stock vehicle cost 0, and maybe cut SL income in half to balance this, but still.