Stona

Update 04.08.2020 (1.99.1.67)

Ju%2087%201080P_2aa49e31d06492000a7e920a

Sound

• The whistle from nearby cannon shells currently has low playback probability. We continue to improve this effect and in future updates the sound of a passing shell will work more accurately and realistically.
  • The sound of low calibre bullets passing at close range is now quieter.
  • The whistle before the explosion of an artillery shell strike now has a probability of playback but it will not be played every time.
  • Taking into account player feedback the following changes have been made
    • The volume of enemy/allied aircraft engines has been lowered.
    • The volume of the enemy/allied ground vehicles as well as the sound from the player’s ground vehicle have been increased.
    • The volume of ATGM and rocket volleys has been lowered.
  • The sound of the Ju 87 Stuka siren at long and short range has been changed.
  • A bug has been fixed where active air defense (flares) sounded like ATGM’s when firing.
  • The sound of allied/enemy machine guns dependent on distance from them has been adjusted. Now the distance is more noticeable with the ear. 
  • The sound of explosions dependent on distance from them (in increasing) has been adjusted. Now the distance is more noticeable with the ear. 

Ground Vehicle model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:

• A battle speed mode for ground vehicles with gun stabilization through a shoulder rest, whose stabilization limits are in the area of the first stage of the cruise control, has been implemented. The changes affect the following vehicles:
    • AMC.34 YR
    • AMC.35 (ACG.1)
    • AMR.35 ZT3
    • B1 bis
    • B1 ter
    • FCM.36
    • H.35
    • H.39 "Cambronne"
    • D2
    • R.35 (SA38)
    • S.35
    • Pz.35(t)
    • Pz.Kpfw. 38(t) Ausf. A
    • Pz.Kpfw.II Ausf. C (DAK)
    • Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. F
    • Sd.Kfz.221 (s.Pz.B.41)
    • L3/33 CC
    • Type 1 Chi-He (5th Regiment)
    • Type 2 Ka-Mi
    • Type 89b I-Go Ko
    • Type 95 Ha-Go
    • Type 97 Chi-Ha
    • Type 97 Chi-Ha Kai
    • Type 98 Ke-Ni
    • Tetrarch Mk.I
    • Independent
    • Cromwell I
    • Matilda III
    • A13 Mk I (3rd R.T.R.)
    • A13 Mk.II
    • A13 Mk.II 1939
    • Churchill I
    • Churchill III
    • AEC Mk II
    • Crusader "The Saint"
    • Crusader III
    • Daimler Mk II
    • M2A4 (1st Arm.Div.)
    • LAC M8 
    • Valentine I

Aircraft characteristics, damage model, and weapon improvements:

• The images of suspended weaponry have been changed for the following aircraft corresponding to the weaponry names:
    • Mi-24V
    • Mi-24P
    • Mi-28N
    • AH-1S
    • AH-1S Kisarazu
  • The position of the elements in the menu of the suspended weaponry has been corrected for following vehicles:
    • Martin 167-A3
    • LeO 451 early
    • LeO 451 late
    • PB4Y-2

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 5

Nice to see you are improving the sounds through numerous updates. However, i feel like engine sounds are now *too* loud. You can hear a 50hp engine now super loud from 100 meter away while on idle power.

Pacifica (Posted )

Check your sound volume in game.... under>Sound> "Other players Engine Volume"... and tinker with that and see how that goes
medal medal medal medal

I might be misunderstanding something but what sense does it make to have certain sounds played randomly? Or how else is the "low playback probability" supposed to be read?

• Upvote 1
medal

9 minutes ago, laachta said:

I might be misunderstanding something but what sense does it make to have certain sounds played randomly? Or how else is the "low playback probability" supposed to be read?

I think the sound for over-flying shells (if somebody shoots at you and misses) doesn't always play when it's supposed to.

I think it's supposed to be a "whizz" sounds but currently it sounds more like a badly-done 1970's B-movie laser sound effect.

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

9 minutes ago, RasmusG5 said:

What does that shoulder stop change mean?

Similar to some ATGM vehicles, when you use cruise-control, you have a "battle mode" which in this case means, for all vehicles that have a shoulder-rest for the cannon, the gun is vertically stabilized.

medal medal medal medal medal

THIS IS A GREAT PATCH

I know you guys get a lot of negativity.  Sometimes even from me.  But patches like these are nothing but good.  Love all of it.

I love how you keep working with the sounds.  Ever pursuing perfection.  I look forward to the day where the best of the old sounds and the best of the new sounds get set.  This patch is a BIG step towards that.

A battle speed for shoulder stabilization is beautiful.  A lot of work for something that is of limited but decisive use.

Thanks guys.  Keep  up the good work.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Oscar_Muffin said:

I think the sound for over-flying shells (if somebody shoots at you and misses) doesn't always play when it's supposed to.

I think it's supposed to be a "whizz" sounds but currently it sounds more like a badly-done 1970's B-movie laser sound effect.

It's just that what I'm unclear about is whether this "low probability" is actually how it's supposed to be (as in a feature) or a bug that is left in for now to be dealt with later (or something).

Maybe it's just me not being native in English but I find the description in the patch notes above a bit confusing.

medal

Hi all!

Dear War Thunder team,

I am very happy to see patch like this. Last update was not the best one and you got a lot of negative criticism (I was one of those pople). Today's patch is much better. I am very glad you read those comments and made some nice changes according to them. Thumbs up for today's update.

When it comes to sound balance, I like it much more than before. Finally I can hear those engines and planes don't tear my ears at the same time. Taking players feedback seriously is very good attitude. Keep it up!

Besides this update, I have question: Why is there such a delay when shooting from inside of 2A5's or Ariete's gun ? Is it intended ? It doesn't sound naturally according to me.

Have a nice day.

medal medal medal

DIRECTIONs with headphones in RB.

I didn't care about what they sounded like, you will keep changing that, so what ever you have changed it too now will change again at some point.

BUT now with headphones on, using your ears,

the direction of enemy vehicles coming towards you is all over the place and now a total mess.

sounds can just cut off and pop back in again.

I am hearing things behind me when they are in front of me and the other way around, 

I can't tell the difference between an enemy in front of me and my own team behind me any more.

so for me, this update is a mess, on the other hand those that never used headphones and ears to find the enemy are loving it?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

It would appear you've greatly misunderstood the way sound from projectiles work... A whistle sound only comes from the drag or an imperfection in the projectile. Typically you only hear such a thing from subsonic projectiles like handgun or mortar fire and some artillery. Any projectile that is traveling at supersonic speeds continuously make sonic booms along their trajectory with a loud crack or sort of boom depending on size etc which covers over most of any "whistle" or "woosh" sound, depending on the range etc. The sounds used were in the first place very unrealistic somehow, even though I thought you mostly used real recordings these days...

I haven't tested air RB yet since this patch nor have I been in an aircraft taking fire so I don't know how muffled it would be by the canopy etc, but I'd imagine that you'd just hear a constant stream of sound cracks by supersonic projectiles flying past. In the previous patch we just had "fwip fwip fwip" going past which made me laugh so hard the first time I heard it that I got shot down........

Tank battles sound better after this patch at least, not at all realistic but at least not laughably bad like before. Can sort of hear the location of enemies again as well, though tank engines should really be much more audible from greater distance... They still just pop into existence like 50 meters away if you sort of look their direction and the game thinks you can hear it which is nowhere near realistic or good enough for an "#esportready" game.....

medal medal medal medal medal medal

I like how you guys had perfectly good sounds a couple weeks ago then you change them without anybody complaining about the old sounds. And then you guys attempt to save these new and arguably bad sounds. 

Dear Gaijin, give us the old sounds because they were actually good. Don't try to fix the new and bad sounds, you're only creating more work for you to do.

medal medal medal medal medal

the sounds of the airplanes have been lowered to the point you cannot hear the planes unless they are on top of you. which obviously in ground forces RB/Sim it means you are dead. from the SPAA POV, this definitely does not help considering that radar works as it works right now, and the sound was one of the main identifiers tools.

gaijin if you would really wanna do this right, you should make it configurable just like the other players engine sound. as simple as that.

on a positive note, you have fixed on the previous release (but no mention in notes) the SPAA firing sound which was covering anything else at battlefield level.

on a negative note:

- please, if you care about the community feedback of course, planes spawn in ground forces RB, to be possible only at the airport. thus who wants to use a plane, has to take off, climb, travel to the battlefield. this way you give  tanks a fighting chance or ability to defend (not to mention that would be the realistic approach, just in case of helicopters).

- the engine sound is the main tool players have against cheaters. i don't know how much do you realise this, but every-time you modify sound in terms of nerf it, taking out etc, you support cheating. so please, as mentioned above, keep these settings configurable instead of just taking them out -  that would be a good faith sign that you actually going to care of the fair players community.

medal medal medal

These patch notes sound nice and I will be look forward to the new sound changes.

Dear Dev-team !

that patch sounds very good, as the last one from 30. July was unfortunately a bad side-step in terms of sounds, mainly in ground-battles.

Thanks for your fast reaction from your player-community

medal