They have increased the numbers again

670582337_shot2020_08_0210_13_42.thumb.j

Works out at 401 tanks. At month ago we were getting 330-340 per game.

Of course, there is no mention of tinkering with the assault mode in any of the latest patchnotes.

Good job, I'm sure you can now get the coveted prize of the most incompetent design team, for your implementation of assault arcade modes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Same vehicle/BR  used on those different maps @Sarcastic_Bullet? Did anyone leave on Fulda? I was told that if people leave, the waves would have less enemies spawned, but is nothing I've confirmed. Could just be that the map spawn less vehicles compared to others.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I'd like to add a related issue if may.

With the numbers you're listing being thrown at us, and vehicles with arbitrary limits of ammunition in an Arcade mode without the ability to reload is an issue.

Examples of my meaning:

BMP-2M:  x7 30mm belts ... for 400 enemies?

(not to mention once you fire 1 round from that belt it's considered spent if you die)

Centauro MGS:  x99 shells  ...which sounds like plenty but not when considering the quick reload and amount of enemies.

If they want to make the mode that challenging, okay cool, but please consider allowing us to use more than something like 7 total belts etc for 400 AI.

Further, can we please consider waving the vehicles total ammo limitations while in this mode?  

Edited by Conflux59
clarification
medal medal medal

M-10: about 38 shells, M-24 about the same. At the 2.7-3.7 BR range I often need to respawn once or twice just to get enough ammo even when I OHK most of the targets, or I need to be on the lookout for repairs which is always risky.

My point is that you have to deal with ammo count at all BRs. It's part of the gameplay. (Spawns are of course a lot cheaper at the lower BRs). Besides you don't always live long enough to run out of ammo anyway.

Getting into cover is part of the challenge I suppose. Sitting between the same two rocks for the entire match because you don't have to re-stock your ammo gets boring in my opinion.

As to why these numbers vary: I know that I've seen matches on Japan at either 2.3 or 3.7 where two planes spawned at the same time with fewer tanks, but also matches on the same day at the same BR where there were more tanks instead. There appears to be some automatic balancing algorithm that adjusts the numbers based on how well teams do. Whether that is the win rate of all previous teams or how well the current team does I'm not sure. My guess is it's the previous teams because otherwise you'd expect the initial wave to always be the same size.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, DarthGuppy said:

M-10: about 38 shells, M-24 about the same. At the 2.7-3.7 BR range I often need to respawn once or twice just to get enough ammo even when I OHK most of the targets, or I need to be on the lookout for repairs which is always risky.

My point is that you have to deal with ammo count at all BRs. It's part of the gameplay. (Spawns are of course a lot cheaper at the lower BRs). Besides you don't always live long enough to run out of ammo anyway.

Getting into cover is part of the challenge I suppose. Sitting between the same two rocks for the entire match because you don't have to re-stock your ammo gets boring in my opinion.

As to why these numbers vary: I know that I've seen matches on Japan at either 2.3 or 3.7 where two planes spawned at the same time with fewer tanks, but also matches on the same day at the same BR where there were more tanks instead. There appears to be some automatic balancing algorithm that adjusts the numbers based on how well teams do. Whether that is the win rate of all previous teams or how well the current team does I'm not sure. My guess is it's the previous teams because otherwise you'd expect the initial wave to always be the same size.

More specifically I was saying the vehicles run through all their maximum ammo leaving them no option to reload (and with some vehicles right now the floating repairs are broken -they do not give you ammo like the R3 and BMP-2/2m) not just what is taken into battle and that's a much larger issue putting these factors all together:

-vehicles with quick fire rates

-vehicles with low ammo storage

-less than effective default shells (so no fallback option)

-the amount of enemies

-the absolutely ridiculous places they put ammo circles

Honestly I'm more than happy to drive across the map to restock.  When I do that and gaijin says "sorry I know we're throwing 300-400 enemies at you but you've used all 7 belts of ammo at this point so.... no more" then using that vehicle further is nolonger an option in the match.

This has led me to simply not using or being able to effectively help the team much at all with many vehicles at this point.

It's something fairly mode breaking so I'm hoping possibly some staff could pass the word along or have someone take a look at removing the limitations.

Or

don't throw 400 enemies at us in waves, but sporadically instead, maybe give us smaller teams to make it a bit more tactical instead of a larger firing line like it is now.  Which still doesn't entirely remove the issue but it could help.

I also agree very much this mode has heaps of potential to be great.

Edited by Conflux59
clarification
medal medal medal

On 13/08/2020 at 15:33, Conflux59 said:

Centauro MGS:  x99 shells  ...which sounds like plenty but not when considering the quick reload and amount of enemies.

I had no idea that we get only 99 shells for the Centauro MGS. I know that the Ariete and M1s get 126, I thought it was the same for all.

Also, I keep running out of shells most of the times by the penultimate wave, which is not really something hard to do when you finish a game with 80-90+ kills.

928332859_shot2020_08_1510_41_07.thumb.j

375 on Ardennes

Edited by Sarcastic_Bullet
  • Like 1
medal medal medal

683046944_shot2020_08_1512_04_49.thumb.j

399 on Ardennes

Edit: 2 of the players quit by wave 6. This goes to show once again that the number of bots is not affected by the number of players. So even if 9 quit, the 1 left will see the same number of bots as if the team was full.

1543832273_shot2020_08_1514_00_25.thumb.

442 !!! On Ardennes.

1206519885_shot2020_08_1514_31_54.thumb.

373 on Sinai

396658442_shot2020_08_1714_27_15.thumb.j

415 Fulda

15343035_shot2020_08_1819_11_04.thumb.jp

Ardennes 364 full team till the end

1504585998_shot2020_08_1819_42_52.thumb.

Ardennes 337, 1 left early first wave.

390 Fulda, full team

shot 2020.08.22 22.38.02.jpg

943407424_shot2020_08_2310_57_05.thumb.j

387 Mozdok, full team

1946514998_shot2020_08_2822_29_12.thumb.

1557455883_shot2020_08_2822_29_13.thumb.

373 kills plus more than half remaining on the last wave. 1 guy disconnected during the first wave, the other one left at wave 7.

This is getting stupidly broken and if you count the regenerating tanks, it clearly makes Gaijin the most incompetent company out there.

Get your f-ing act together Gaijin.

Edited by Sarcastic_Bullet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...

This thread is a good tool to keep in your back pocket for reference later.  Thank you @Sarcastic_Bullet

I've mentioned this in other threads too, but if they want to throw these numbers at us cool.. but then the AI needs to be affected the same as players vehicles regarding damage to components/crew.  Basically Zerging us + Terminators Status + Aimbot turns the challenge knob up to 11. 

Or just pick a couple instead of all of them?

Not to mention the ammo limitations causing many vehicles to actually run out of ammo entirely - made way more relevant when you consider 400ish enemies that have to be one shot.

Edited by Conflux59
medal medal medal

• 5 weeks later...