Alpha's Historical Units Localisation

Hi, I have created a custom localisation for the game, called Historical Units, which changes the names of all of the vehicle names in-game to be historically correct. The purpose of this localisation is to provide historical accuracy and immersion while playing the game.

Why I created this localisation: Initially, I wanted to rename all boats and ships in-game, and some of the aircraft, and was planning to call this mod Battlestations, as I took inspiration from Battlestations: Pacific when initially making this mod. Eventually, I decided to rename all of the boats and ships seen in-game, and all other vehicles in-game, with historically accurate names. 

Features:

- All applicable USAAF aircraft have their manufacturer's codes, as well as their production block numbers (eg. Republic P-47D-25-RE Thunderbolt, North American P-51D-5-NA Mustang, Northrop P-61C-1-NO Black Widow)

- All USAAF, US Navy, RAF and Regia Aeronautica aircraft in-game, as well as all US tanks, have received their model names, in battle, on their stat-cards, and on the tech-trees (eg. Vought F4U-1D Corsair, M26 Pershing, M48A1 Patton)

- Full names for all German tanks (eg. Pz.Kpfw. IV, Pz.Kpfw. VI Tiger, Pz.Kpfw. VI Ausf. B, etc.). In battle, their names appear as Panzer II, Panzer III, Panzer IV, etc. 

- Historically accurate names for all ships based on what ship they are modeled after, and historical ship prefixes (eg. RN for the Regia Marina, USS for the US Navy, HMS for the Royal Navy, HMCS for the Royal Canadian Navy, HMAS for the Royal Australian Navy).

- Allied codenames for most Japanese WWII aircraft when encountered in battle (eg. Ki-43 "Oscar", Ki-84 "Frank", D3A "Val", D4Y "Judy", B6N "Jill", etc.), some have similar names to the ones they had in Battlestations: Pacific, like the Zero, Raiden, Shinden. 

- NATO codenames for all post-war Soviet aircraft, some Soviet tanks, and some Soviet ships, when encountered in battle

- A uniform naming system for vehicles when seen in battle (eg. P-47 Thunderbolt, F4U Corsair, P-51 Mustang) - The variant of the vehicle will not be visible at medium and long range, only when really close (Less than 1000 metres in aircraft)

- Full names for AI-controlled AA guns (eg. 40 mm Bofors, 90 mm M1, etc.)

Planned:

- Full names for all AI-controlled ground vehicles

Current Mod Version: V5 (1.99.1.57)

Previous Mod Versions (Outdated)

V4 (1.97 "Viking Fury")

V3 (1.95 "Northern Wind")

V2 (1.93 "Shark Attack")

V1 (1.91 "Night Vision")

bxiCcpN.jpg

pttRZWe.jpg

IAGZmmV.jpg

KZldr4r.jpg