GrandMoffTano

Leopard C2A1 - Should be in the British Tech Tree

Like the title says, the Leopard C2A1 being added in operation Summer should be in the British Tech Tree, there is more reason for it to be there than the German Tech Tree based on History than just scattering every vehicle Gaijin feels like to the 4 winds.

canada.thumb.PNG.a0e33e23270a93b79eeb967

Edited by GrandMoffTano
  • Haha 12
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 11
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, Taeblamees said:

What would those reasons be besides simply being Canadian?

The fact that Canada is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations and represented by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II as her Monarch.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

IRL there was nothing British/Canadian about that leo. Everything besides the crew was german the hull all german the turret all german the add on armor kit german. Theres no reason it sould be in Britain. That argument only has 1 reason. Because the Canadians used it and they where part of the common wealth. Thats 1 reason vs the ones i listed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

Just now, [email protected] said:

IRL there was nothing British/Canadian about that leo. Everything besides the crew was german the hull all german the turret all german the add on armor kit german. Theres no reason it sould be in Britain. That argument only has 1 reason. Because the Canadians used it and they where part of the common wealth. Thats 1 reason vs the ones i listed.

Nope, there is more reason for it to be in the British tech tree mate, going from History, Politics and in game Balance, where Germany is already the largest tech tree in the game, and has more vehicles 9.0 and 9.3 (where we can expect the Leopard C2 to go) than one Chieftain Mk 10 for the British. It should go into the British Tech Tree, not the German Tech Tree.

• Upvote 1

I understand the argument that it is a common wealth country... I do...

But honestly I hate the whole every country gets every vehicle type thing... Like look at the Sherman... I have the German Sherman, I have American Sherman... I can get a russian Sherman, British Sherman, Japanese Sherman, Chinese Sherman, Italian Sherman, and French Sherman....

Like what is the point of all the damn shermans? Thank God for Sweden, no sherman in that line.... yet....

But I am in favor of keeping it German, and if it makes you feel any better, the CL-13A/B was a canadian aircraft given to the Germans years ago. So there is precedence for giving Germany the Canadian vehicles.

Edited by Hikotai
medal medal medal medal

Just now, Hikotai said:

I understand the argument that it is a common wealth country... I do...

But honestly I hate the whole every country gets every vehicle type thing... Like look at the Sherman... I have the German Sherman, I have American Sherman... I can get a russian Sherman, British Sherman, Japanese Sherman, Chinese Sherman, Italian Sherman, and French Sherman....

Like what is the point of all the damn shermans? Thank God for Sweden, no sherman in that line.... yet....

But I am in favor of keeping it German, and if it makes you feel any better, the CL-13B was a canadian aircraft given to the Germans years ago. So there is precedence for giving Germany the Canadian vehicles.

The Germans actually used the CL-13B, while in German service it is a German Aircraft, so no there it does not make me feel better nor is there any precedence for giving Germany any Canadian vehicles unless they used them, and guess what, they didn't use the C2A1 being added, Canada did and it is better placed in the British Tech Tree, not the German Tech Tree.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GrandMoffTano said:

The Germans actually used the CL-13B, while in German service it is a German Aircraft, so no there it does not make me feel better nor is there any precedence for giving Germany any Canadian vehicles unless they used them, and guess what, they didn't use the C2A1 being added, Canada did and it is better placed in the British Tech Tree, not the German Tech Tree.

Yeah I know, Canada manufactured them and Germany flew them... But I am trying to find a reason to stop every country getting every damn vehicle 

I see a future where a team full of Russians are using Abrams and a team full of Americans are using T-90's and I want to :crying:

Edited by Hikotai
medal medal medal medal

ya then you have another issue. Top teir becomes copy and paste like low teir. The strv 122 was a Swedish modified leo 2a5 they actually manufactured it. Unlike Canada that just slaped two different versions of tanks together. So ill say it again the leo sould not be in the British line up. I completely agree with hikotai.

Edited by [email protected]
expand on thought
medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, Hikotai said:

Yeah I know, Canada manufactured them and Germany flew them... But I am trying to find a reason to stop every country getting every damn vehicle :crying:

Canada didn't manufacture them, the Leopard C2 including later add on armour was developed and built in Germany, however the vehicle is unique to Canada. And I'm trying to stop vehicles of nations being strewn across the 4 corners of the Universe when vehicles of one nation at least has a place, for Canada that is the British Tech Tree.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, GrandMoffTano said:

Canada didn't manufacture them, the Leopard C2 including later add on armour was developed and built in Germany, however the vehicle is unique to Canada. And I'm trying to stop vehicles of nations being strewn across the 4 corners of the Universe when vehicles of one nation at least has a place, for Canada that is the British Tech Tree.

CL-13 series is what I referring to saying Canada built them. Not the leo's.
All good, I understand where i worded it poorly.

medal medal medal medal

ya then you have another issue. Top teir becomes copy and paste like low teir. The strv 122 was a Swedish modified leo 2a5 they actually manufactured it. Unlike Canada that just slaped two different versions of tanks together. So ill say it again the leo sould not be in the British line up.

The C2 Leopard isn't just a Copypasta Top Tier tank, it is still far more unique and interesting than the Strv 121 or 122 and not just the same old Leopard. And you forgot about the add on armour.

And I'll say it again, it belongs in the British Tech Tree, not the German Tech Tree.

Just now, Hikotai said:

CL-13 series is what I referring to saying Canada built them. Not the leo's.
All good, I understand where i worded it poorly.

My point still stands: British / Commonwealth Tech Tree > German Tech Tree.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

The turret is a leo 1a5 turret with a GERMAN add on armor kit that was put on base leo 1a5. Theres nothing unique about it. Its a earlyer hull with a later turret and some add on armor.

Actually there is, Leopard 1A3 Hull, Leopard 1A5 Turret plus add on armour package. The Armour package is what makes it unique.

8 minutes ago, GrandMoffTano said:

The C2 Leopard isn't just a Copypasta Top Tier tank, it is still far more unique and interesting than the Strv 121 or 122 and not just the same old Leopard. And you forgot about the add on armour.

And I'll say it again, it belongs in the British Tech Tree, not the German Tech Tree.

Honestly, all jokes aside, for the sake of keeping Realistic Battles "realistic". It should not be in the British Tech Tree...

Lower tiers in every nation suffer greatly from lend lease and captured vehicle spams.... Makes realistic feel like arcade in planes and tanks... Especially when you have a Simulator Event.... 

Furthermore, it gives incentive and a rewards for players that have it... When I go into a custom battle with my F-4ej i see the other planes and marvel at what could have been or what should have been, towards the mig 21, Mirage, and Draken.... I don't do it with the british or american F-4 phantom because I have a copy pasta of it.

#KeepLeoGerman!

image.png.6467d1de905a63e9fc268d2577ba38

#KeepLeoGERMAN

Edited by Hikotai
  • Confused 3
medal medal medal medal

34 minutes ago, GrandMoffTano said:

there is more reason for it to be there than the German Tech Tree based on History than just scattering every vehicle Gaijin feels like to the 4 winds.

A German Leopard 1A3

Upgraded with

-German 1A5 turrets

-German EMES 18 fire control system

-German MEXAS-M armor

--> British tree

:016:

• Upvote 13
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, Hikotai said:

Honestly, all jokes aside, for the sake of keeping Realistic Battles "realistic". It should not be in the British Tech Tree...

Lower tiers in every nation suffer greatly from lend lease and captured vehicle spams.... Makes realistic feel like arcade in planes and tanks... Especially when you have a Simulator Event.... 

Furthermore, it gives incentive and a rewards for players that have it... When I go into a custom battle with my F-4ej i see the other planes and marvel at what could have been or what should have been, towards the mig 21, Mirage, and Draken.... I don't do it with the british or american F-4 phantom because I have a copy pasta of it.

#KeepLeoGerman!

Actually no, if we want to keep battles Realistic and Historic as possible it should be in the British Tech tree, not the German Tech Tree, now we already know Gaijin doesn't care about historical accuracy.

I disagree, I don't believe they do suffer, since it just makes the battles more fun and interesting, but I'd rather see Lend lease and captured vehicles to nations that actually used them or made unique modifications to them, such as the DB605 Spitfire Mk Vb.

The British and American F-4's aren't the same either, one has a Turbofan engine while the other a Turbojet engine, it isn't copy and paste because there is something unique about it. 

#LeopardC2isCanadianNotGerman

1 minute ago, NoodleCup31 said:

A German Leopard 1A3

Upgraded with

-German 1A5 turrets

-German EMES 18 fire control system

-German MEXAS-M armor

--> British tree

:016:

Yes, and Canadian Crew, Canadian owned and deployed in real life combat by Canada, not Germany.

Edited by GrandMoffTano
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, GrandMoffTano said:

Like the title says, the Leopard C2A1 being added in operation Summer should be in the British Tech Tree, there is more reason for it to be there than the German Tech Tree based on History than just scattering every vehicle Gaijin feels like to the 4 winds.

canada.thumb.PNG.a0e33e23270a93b79eeb967

What does it have to do with the Merkava?

The Skink and Grizzly are based of US tanks and therefor likely to go to the US tree.

4 minutes ago, GrandMoffTano said:
4 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Yes, and Canadian Crew, Canadian owned and deployed in real life combat by Canada, not Germany.

And still, nothing to do with Britain

German tank

German tree

5 minutes ago, GrandMoffTano said:

if we want to keep battles Realistic and Historic as possible

You can't keep anything that doesn't exist for gods sake

Edited by NoodleCup31
  • Upvote 2

Just now, NoodleCup31 said:

What does it have to do with the Merkava?

The Skink and Grizzly are based of US tanks and therefor likely to go to the US tree.

No, Skink and Grizzly should be in the UK tree, not the US Tree. And they are only based on the M4A1 in the fact it is a licence built hull, but it is not exactly the same hull either as they are unique among the Sherman Family, plus with the Skink the US never used the Polsten Cannon, that was used primarily by Commonwealth forces being a cheaper alternative to the Oerlikon Cannon manufactured in the UK and Commonwealth and originally developed in Poland.

German design=german tech tree.

German Design + Canadian Tank + Canadian Crew = British Tech Tree

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, GrandMoffTano said:

And they are only based on the M4A1 in the fact it is a licence built hull

Who cares where it was built???

It is a US tank chassis, period

The AMX 30 Super is a German upgrade but in the French tree.

M60A3 AMBT is Turkish but in US tree

OF 40 MTCA Saudi Arabian but in IT tree

2 minutes ago, GrandMoffTano said:

was used primarily by Commonwealth forces

What does the Commonwealth have to do with this game

Germany had colonies in Africa so gib Rooikat I guess???

Just now, NoodleCup31 said:

Who cares where it was built???

It is a US tank chassis, period

The AMX 30 Super is a German upgrade but in the French tree.

M60A3 AMBT is Turkish but in US tree

OF 40 MTCA Saudi Arabian but in IT tree

I do, I care where it was and who used it, the Grizzly I Cruiser Tank, Skink AA and Leopard C2 all belong in the UK Tree, not the US tree and not the German Tree, but the UK Tree.

If there was a actual Canadian tech tree id understand if it was in that tree but theres no Canadian tech tree so the tank goes into its original designers tech tree GERMANY!

No, Canada HAS a tech tree, that is the British Tech Tree where they belong i.e Commonwealth. IT doesn't belong in the German Tech Tree.

• Haha 1