JB_PtAu

Brits Hunter F6 SRAAM Missile BUG

On 01/08/2020 at 09:21, JB_PtAu said:

Since last war thunder major upgrade, this missile, that was awesome (has a 20G overload capacity), has become rubish, now it's acuracy is ramdom.

Has anyone else this bug?

Thx,

JB

Everyone has the bug. They're completely broken. It's currently been retired in my hangar ever since 1.99, I would just play the FGR2, Hunter F1 or swift F7. I feel bad for those who have just unlocked the hunter f6 and are researching the FGR 2. This makes the FGR2 grind 10x worse and it would be very disappointing as they have never experienced the joy of SRAAMs prior to 1.99

medal

On 04/08/2020 at 12:03, JB_PtAu said:

Yeah, Those missiles are really awesome...

It was hard to get them, but in the end it payed off...

Why the change and why don't they fix it ?!?

Thx for your reply.

Cheers

JB

There's some speculation that in the 1.99 patch they changed general characteristics of all missiles. Something to do with their G overload, but as we can see, something went wrong with the coding for the SRAAMs. The tracking is very strange, the flight path is like a finned missile instead of a thrust vectoring missile and the proximity fuse is very strange. In real life this missile was designed to be extremely maneuverable as it used thrust vectoring for all its flight controls, so it may very well surpass the max 20G overload (which it may have done prior to 1.99, i'm not sure). I'm also not entirely sure how gaijin worked out the max G overload of 20G's, there's very little sources to research from regarding the SRAAM program 

Edited by [email protected]
medal

If you've not seen, the bugs with the SRAAM have been submitted to the devs, so hopefully a fix is on the way

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal