Stona

Update 30.07.2020 (1.99.1.57)

9 hours ago, TheMemeThunder said:

The New Sounds are amazing well done.

Mostly they are.

But regarding: New sound events for projectiles flying past nearby the observer in all calibres have been created. 

...SOMETHING WENT WRONG

Did you notice that these "nearby flying projectiles", even just .50 cals machine guns bullets (!) are louder than the actual sound of your gunfire from the 2-4 x 20 mm or 30 mm cannons?

Anyone who know the overwhelming bang of 20-30 mm cannon in real life will be lost in the present balance of sounds where whistle of low calibre bullets is louder than gunfire sound like this:

• Like 2
medal medal medal medal medal

But when shall they fix the aiming for all S-tank (103-0, 103A, 103C), because it is still totally broken. The sight cross is wobble up/down and to left/right whole time. Have talked with veterans that have been tank crew in S-tank. And they told me this: the aim in S-tank is very smooth and soft even then you turn the tank to left/right and up/down. In your game is it impossible to aim with S-tank because it is wobbling whole time.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I gotta say i like the random batches of updates and bug fixes,

Raw,

That's the first word i thought of when i heard the new gun firing sounds, externally they sound great. More violent and menacing. From the inside they sound a bit different. I've never been inside a tank firing but i do hear the cannon firing differently. I like it.  My 40 mm cannons, 20 mm and naval cannons sounds really cool too. They gave me a new vibe with naval battles. 

The, artillery sound in tanks... I don't know about that one. I have never been drop artillery upon. But i gotta say it sounds like a way smaller projectile. Like if superman threw a bottle of something and it shatters upon impact. Definitely less menacing. I don't like it compared to the previous one.

The another sound that I don't dig yet, not impact but pass by, they sound all the same and quiet awkward. Again, i've never been fired upon by anything. But they sound worst compared to what we had. Previous sound was too slow, this is too fast. Maybe a mix of sounds from what we had and this ones?

Any reason why it changed?

Edited by *J26Lennox26
medal medal

9 hours ago, Frozander said:

Yes, some people are too used to Hollywood style cannon sounds that this seems underwhelming to them, I think.

I'm pretty sure a tank gun doesn't sound like a stapler from the inside of the turret when being shot.

apart from that I don't like the new sounds anyway. Meanwhile they all sound the same more or less. A year ago you at least could tell which enemy was near you according to distinctive gun sounds. You could tell wether it was a tiger, a 128mm, a soviet 122mm or whatever and develop some kind of tactics or retreat decisions based upon that.

Edited by Rainbowprincess
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

11 hours ago, Frozander said:

Yes, some people are too used to Hollywood style cannon sounds that this seems underwhelming to them, I think.

Despawning tanks are way to loud and should not make an explosion sound at all - Nothing new. Despawning tanks have now also the ricochet sound it is irretating.

Some guns are just to silent a hypersonic projectile makes a ton of noise still some dart guns sound like you slaming a book on the table. Other guns are in comparrisson to loud. Bullets and shells missing your tank sometimes also have the ricochet sound.

Swedish PVRBV 551 some times turns after you stopped turning it somtimes does not turn if you want it to turn and if you start driving it suddenly turns without you turning.

Changes to the render distance should stop rendering everything including TANKS not only gras, bushes and trees. Ultra low quality should be disabled. There should be no option to make other tanks louder than your own get rid of the 2 options.

• Upvote 2
medal

Some feedback:    

As mainly sim player nowadays, the new sound balance is way too silent when flying planes.     

I maxed everything ingame and basically the whole game except music and voice commands is about 1/3 as loud as the rest of the sounds on my PC.       

It "feels not right" in the cockpit, its just, well, it doesn't sound like a big engine of a warbird anymore. More like a lawnmower with a big muffler.     

Also when firing my weapons or with planes nearby, everything is about half as loud as before.    

Why limit the loudness of those sounds? We have volume sliders for a reason. If you want to turn them down by default, well, make the default setting at 40%, not the max setting at 40% of what we had.    

Damn... Flying just lost a lot of immersion, in my opinion.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

I think the "FUSH" / "WIUSH" of flying shells are blocking the hit sounds. For example ATGMs or randoms shells going to u only are making the "fush" sound no matter if they hit u or not, or if was closer to u or a direct hit/penetration...just FUUUUSH and thats it. Arty is worse,because u can see a lot of shells impacting all around u (or in your tank) and u only can hear "fush-fush-fush-fush" and 0 explosions and last patch the arty detonations was one of the most loudest sounds with the bombs from planes

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hello dev team,

I don't know what happened with this patch but the camera sensitivity is very odd. I was flying earlier in Realistic Ground Battle and my camera went from looking right in front of me to 90* down to the ground. This caused my plane to nose dive straight into the ground and I tried to correct this dive by moving my mouse and camera but I could not get it fixed. This happened in both the Ar 234 B-2 and in my Me 262 A-2a. It's very strange, it's like a massive jerk and the camera is all messed up. With the 262 it happened in a turn so I was able to correct my camera, not so much with the Ar.

Also my Lekpz M41 was moving on its on, I was sitting in a city map on a corner and all of a sudden it started moving forward by its own. This only happened once but again very odd.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Gaijin please DO something about the Gearshift Bugs.

they still havent been fixed since Release and it's very noticable while playing Cold War German Tanks like Leopards ,TAM and Begleitpanzer.

oh BTW you need to Fix the Begleitpanzer's Missing important Features such as The Dual Feed System,Stabilizer,Smoke Launcher ,and Helicopter Warning System.

medal medal medal

While the gunshots over the past few updates have been improving, this latest one with the update to the sound of shells flying past is a joke. The game sounds like an old arcade game and is so loud you can't hear anything else on your tank, much less get an echo location on where it came from or the impact on your surroundings or your tankArtillery is also fairly unrealistic.The new game sounds (especially top tier) are like the cartoon sounds for fireworks whizzing past at. Even if you have, please look again because I promise it was some sort of warped video if you did.

There are community made mods in the past that have sounded way better than anything you have put into the actual game. Maybe try communicating with them for possible hire or buying the code for it to be implemented into the game. I love this game and have spent more money than I'd like to admit on it, so please for the love of god get some sounds that don't sound so bad. Also, stop updating your sound so much once you fix it. Yes, it's cool to get some new features in there every once in a while, but those who wish to use sound mods to completely over haul these can't keep up with coding them because by the time they get the stuff coded for the most recent update, ya'll have released another that's overhauled it and breaks the codes they just wrote. Please contact them, I beg of you. https://live.warthunder.com/user/CCCPDriver/

And sorry if this all seems harsh, but come on, please play your own game before deciding how to put these features in.

Edited by BlackRose2099
  • Upvote 2
medal

Thx for the update but the new sounds are really aweful! Please let us choose between the old and the new sounds, lots of us don't like the updated sounds. Some of them are really exaggerated. :( 

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal

17 hours ago, jeronimo29th said:

Not gonna complain overall for the new sounds. However, while it's great to hear near shells and bullets whizz by next to you, when someone drops an arty on you, all you hear is schrapnel flying by. It's louder than the explosion itself. It just sounds like someone dropped wet fireworks on you.

Also, after a few more battles with the tanks, you get hit, what do you hear ? "whizzzzzzzzzz". Ricochet ? "whiiiiiiiiiizzzzzz". Non penetration ? "Whizzzzzzzzzz" The ennemy shell hits next to you ? "whizzzzzzz". The teammate next to you fire back ? "whizzzzzzz". You get killed ? "whiiiizzzzzz" ? Why even if your tank get destroyed you hear this whizz ?

Why does it needs to whizz all the time ? When you're in an intense close combat you just hear this constantly and OMG this becomes annoying...

Yes I totaly agree. That whizzzzzz is so annoying.

• Upvote 10
medal medal medal

16 hours ago, *Leopard408 said:

i think they are fine too.

I think it could be a little bit more heavy on the bass.

The new sound when an ammunition rack explodes are also more authentic. You can hear a little whistling and hissing, which should represent the exploding ammunition well.

I found this video:

(starting at 3:12 min. in the video)

I just recorded how the gun of the M4A1 sounds in the game:

I think the developers have hit the right sound.

Yours sincerely

Leopard408

Yes gunsounds seem to be rather OK. This is actually not what people are complaining that much. What I would like to have though is possibility to distinguish calibers from how it sounds, like it was in very past updates. If this is not a thing, than I am not happy. On the other hand, I see that people are complaining about those whistle sounds, artilery or missile sounds. That is also what I dont like on this last update.

...now try to record and compare engine sounds :D 

medal medal medal

17 hours ago, jeronimo29th said:

Not gonna complain overall for the new sounds. However, while it's great to hear near shells and bullets whizz by next to you, when someone drops an arty on you, all you hear is schrapnel flying by. It's louder than the explosion itself. It just sounds like someone dropped wet fireworks on you.

Also, after a few more battles with the tanks, you get hit, what do you hear ? "whizzzzzzzzzz". Ricochet ? "whiiiiiiiiiizzzzzz". Non penetration ? "Whizzzzzzzzzz" The ennemy shell hits next to you ? "whizzzzzzz". The teammate next to you fire back ? "whizzzzzzz". You get killed ? "whiiiizzzzzz" ? Why even if your tank get destroyed you hear this whizz ?

Why does it needs to whizz all the time ? When you're in an intense close combat you just hear this constantly and OMG this becomes annoying...

This pretty much completely sums up most my thoughts as well. Much better put than my other post

Edited by BlackRose2099
medal

11 hours ago, Oscar_Muffin said:

Yea, but this is not reality, this is a video game.

If you're in a tank or near a tank in real life, you've got hearing protection on.

Considering people play this game for hours every day, the sound of tank guns is now far too loud and actually, quite fatiguing on your ears.

If you turn gunfire sounds down so tank guns are quieter, now you can no longer hear machine-guns or aircraft firing.

Yes, this mixing is bit of, we need more sliders.

medal medal medal

The new tank gun shots when heard from the outside sound rather nice to me.

However, that roaring sound of all the stuff flying by is just COMPLETELY horrible. From the POV of a sim pilot even more as you seem to be able to hear rockets inbound from kilometers away (or something to that effect), which isn't helped by the fact that the sound of your own vehicle's engine is way too quiet (and yes, that's with all the volume sliders at 100% - apart from the music ones, obviously). The old more like a hissing/buzzing sounds of rockets or rounds were WAY better, imho.

And while you're at it instead of playing around with stuff that perhaps could be better but is certainly not broken, please consider actually fixing some rather serious sound bugs instead. Like for example the one that the A2A missile ACQ/TRK sounds have been broken for some time now (as in mostly - although not always - not being played at all). Thanks.

medal

The new sounds are not good. I like the passing sound of shots that pass, nut even shoots that hits sounds like the are passing by (the whissling sound) and in general the guns and cannon sounded much better before. 

I would prefer that the sounds go back

I also noticed (dont know wich update) that the leopards had new engine sound. Before they sounded exactly like the real ones, was awesome to play, but now they doesn't sound like the real ones anymore. 

medal medal medal