On another note, 

4 hours ago, Bazza57 said:

I opened a chest got some crap camo but it disappeared and couldn't find it any where.

From how you tell it, it makes me think that you either activated the coupon and therefore can't find it anymore, or the opposite (you're looking for the skin in the customization menu but haven't redeemed the coupon yet). 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, Bazza57 said:

when will people realise that gaijin are conning players, its a pay to win format full of bots and ghost units, Gaijin are registered in Cyprus therefore avoid all rules and regulations set by European countries and the UK. Gambling is illegal for under 18's yet they have "Wagers" . They also sell your details to other conning internet sites along with hackers who steal your account details. don't believe me ???, how many emails do you get from so called dating agencies?, how many times doe's paypal ask you to verify your account. If your stupid enough to think they are legitimate then you deserve all you get.  Gaijin is organised crime and nothing more. I have compiled enough evidence along with other players and some time this year we will be submitting it to the right authorities.  You get nothing from Gaijin unless you pay, chests need keys which can be bought, but trust me you will never get any thing of any good, I opened a chest got some crap camo but it disappeared and couldn't find it any where. once my few remaining Lions have gone I will delete this crap and play world of tanks who are regulated giving players protection unlike these crooks.   

Isn't Cyprus an EU member?

medal

1 hour ago, blaster112 said:

image.thumb.png.7eedcd8058bef9a3fcb1f04f

Just gonna leave this here. For some people you are unable to ever open one of these boxes unless it's decided that we can randomly get keys. As we are not allowed to buy them. 

I guess that's because these loot boxes you open by paying (for keys, in this case) are considered actual gambling in parts of the EU.

3 hours ago, blaster112 said:

image.thumb.png.7eedcd8058bef9a3fcb1f04f

Just gonna leave this here. For some people you are unable to ever open one of these boxes unless it's decided that we can randomly get keys. As we are not allowed to buy them. 

Several countries have indeed laws in place that prevent playing from buying/selling lootboxes and keys as clearly stated by the message show in the quote.

Gaijin has to comply with these laws hence players from countries which have these (anti-gambling) laws in place are prevented to buy/sell keys and/or boxes.

On 28/07/2020 at 19:01, anyuser said:

Never got why the there is no uni key, like in most games with such kind of lockbox.

The keys all got the same price and are sold by Gaijin anyway. There is no need for several keys...

On consoles there is a universal key and its called 599 Golden eagles, dont know how it is handled on the PC side.

chests.jpg

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 30/07/2020 at 02:47, Serpiko82 said:

Could you please clarify if that's just because of "natural" progressive consumption, and thus increasing value of their potential drops, or instead perhaps is that because they had a greater chance of dropping rare coupons, and Gaijin nerfed such chance afterwards? 

No big conspiracy. The older boxes aren't given out any more. That makes them, and their contents, inherently rarer and thus more economically valuable.

medal medal medal medal medal

26 minutes ago, Bruce_R1 said:

No big conspiracy. The older boxes aren't given out any more. That makes them, and their contents, inherently rarer and thus more economically valuable.

Also, after a while you can consume then for WBs, so that might shorten the supply a little, too.

8 minutes ago, rUl3r said:

Also, after a while you can consume then for WBs, so that might shorten the supply a little, too.

Up to 1.95 right now (Northern Wind), yes. I presume this is intentional to reduce the glut on the market a bit. I would suggest anyone who still has a Valkyries (1.81) box or earlier should hang on to it or sell it instead of changing it in for WB, as the box price is only going to go up, now, though.

Seriously it wouldn't hurt gaijin's income even a bit, if they also let us get a key here and there.

It feels like EVERYTHING in this game costs money. Lootboxes, talismans, premium time, GE, GJN, certain vehicles and even ace training (which boosts your stats for real money). I love war thunder, but it has the very worst cash grab economy i have ever seen.

I would much rather pay 60 bucks for once and "own" the game. Here you pay 60 bucks for a vehicle and still don't own even 1%.

After looking at this thread I decided to buy my second key ever.

kv-220.thumb.png.210c15cb5e9423f73fbc701

I would say it worked out very well.

I was unable to play in the event that awarded the KV220, and that was a prize I always regretted missing.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

48 minutes ago, Brave_Idiot said:

I was unable to play in the event that awarded the KV220, and that was a prize I always regretted missing.

Very lucky. The current best estimates, which Gaijin will likely never confirm nor deny, is you have about a 2-3% chance of a vehicle, and a ~5% chance of a valuable camo that you can trade for significantly more than the value of the key. Tests by content streamers online seem to indicate you lose marketplace value about 3 times out of 5 on a key buy on a recent box (obviously as boxes get older and rarer, the marketplace return on those keys will slowly change to the positive). So it's always a bit of a gamble.

This of course is also why you have different keys for different boxes, so Gaijin at least has the option of tweaking the cost if a specific box set were to become suddenly very lucrative in some kind of game breaking way that they couldn't fix by throwing out more boxes or pulling some other lever on the game economy. A universal key wouldn't work in that eventuality.

Edited by Bruce_R1

16 hours ago, Brave_Idiot said:

kv-220.thumb.png.210c15cb5e9423f73fbc701

Change your name to "Lucky_B***ard", now. 

:p:

• Haha 1

On 28/07/2020 at 19:50, RiotLightbulb said:

So why are there requests to buy keys if they never drop and keys being sold for higer prices, and a non infinite number of keys listed on the marketplace?

If it is only paying for keys I wonder if it violates the new rules coming soon on paying for loot boxes in the uk

To make it look like a real "market". Yes, these are lootboxes - a form of gambling. I myself have spent maybe 15gjn on them and got nothing of use or interest.

medal

On 28/07/2020 at 11:55, WT_CT_Center said:

you cant get keys via drops, the only way to obtain keys is buy them, either on the market for GJN or with GE, the latter only being available for those who cannot access the market however.

how can you get them with GE - I cannot access the market...

Edited by PlanetP
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 18/01/2021 at 04:08, _Catweazle_63 said:

Several countries have indeed laws in place that prevent playing from buying/selling lootboxes and keys as clearly stated by the message show in the quote.

Gaijin has to comply with these laws hence players from countries which have these (anti-gambling) laws in place are prevented to buy/sell keys and/or boxes.

way to block content from a loyal player :facepalm:base 

medal

2 hours ago, berlinXpress said:

Wondering which lootbox could give you three purple on the same drop page?

Disregard the graphics. Those spin wheels are totally unrelated to the actual RNG drop, and cosmetic only. Once you click to open, the drop is chosen, and the rest is only smoke to show you "hey, have a look at the wonderful prizes you could win SOME OTHER TIME!". In fact, most of the times the rewards shown next to your drops are better than the actual one. 

(Which is idiotic IMHO, since no matter how good your drop is, the wheel makes it always look worse this way). 

On 24/01/2021 at 03:15, berlinXpress said:

Wondering which lootbox could give you three purple on the same drop page?

It was 'The Valkyries' trophy.

Seeing all the purple in the spin I was already assuming I got the camo. I was thinking to myself that isn't so bad.

I was pleasantly surprised to get the only tank I actually wanted and didn't have.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/01/2021 at 13:56, Illyrian_King said:

even ace training (which boosts your stats for real money)

I will disagree with this - you CAN get ace for free - by playing a lot.
If you go to Crew>Qualification, you can see your progress towards ace. You have to have expert to be able to grind this. Amount of RP depends on the level of vehicle. I have ace crews on most of my favorite tanks and planes.

medal medal

If they'd give out some keys it would benefit them more in the long run, if people get to open some chests instead of letting them gather dust in the inventory, people get items and stuff they can sell on the marketplace, Gaijin takes their cut from the trades and it's all just profit for them. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal