So after receiving yet another chest i decided to go to my inventory and see how many i have. I have 21. How many keys have i ever received? 0

Seems a little strange doesnt it! I wouldnt be surprised if Gaijin had seperated the comunity into people who only got chests, and people who only got keys, therefore forcing people to trade on the marketplace.

Has anyone ever managed to get a key drop to a chest they have?

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal

22 minutes ago, WT_CT_Center said:

you cant get keys via drops, the only way to obtain keys is buy them, either on the market for GJN or with GE, the latter only being available for those who cannot access the market however.

This ^

If you have access to the market, you can buy them for fairly cheap... 2.49GJN. Make sure you buy the right key for the right box though :)

• Haha 3

So why are there requests to buy keys if they never drop and keys being sold for higer prices, and a non infinite number of keys listed on the marketplace?

If it is only paying for keys I wonder if it violates the new rules coming soon on paying for loot boxes in the uk

Edited by RiotLightbulb
medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, RiotLightbulb said:

So why are there requests to buy keys if they never drop and keys being sold for higer prices, and a non infinite number of keys listed on the marketplace?

I guess because people want to try and sell them for a higher price, even though it will not work most likely :)

Keys are re-added to the market when they run out or get low.

38 minutes ago, TheElite96 said:

This ^

If you have access to the market, you can buy them for fairly cheap... 2.49GJN. Make sure you buy the right key for the right box though :)

Oh dont worry about me getting the right key. I will never buy one.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal

41 minutes ago, TheElite96 said:

This ^

Never got why the there is no uni key, like in most games with such kind of lockbox.

The keys all got the same price and are sold by Gaijin anyway. There is no need for several keys...

TheElite96 (Posted )

This would probably make a decent suggestion: https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/1400-forumwebsite/
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, anyuser said:

Never got why the there is no uni key, like in most games with such kind of lockbox.

The keys all got the same price and are sold by Gaijin anyway. There is no need for several keys...

I think you are on to something..  Maybe thy should start dropping unique keys and sell a skeleton key at an inflated price. Then that will have both player generated unique keys and a company backed skeleton key on the market.

• Upvote 1
medal

Its not like I made up that idea. It is just the way the Lock Box(es) I know do work.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Lock_Box

The Lock Box does change over time (while it returns from time to time as a "got all into this box" Lock Box), but the key stays the same. Sometimes they give out a few keys as promo, every now and then there are sales with reduced key prices.

And you can buy them in a bulk for less money per key (but more for Gaijin overall for sure).

Those keys don't drop for players either, but sold by players on the marked for ingame currency.

But the marked in that game is very different to what Gaijin is doing. 

But my main point is, I just don't get why we got several keys...

If those would drop, I could understand it, but how it currently works...

Edited by anyuser
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, RiotLightbulb said:

If it is only paying for keys I wonder if it violates the new rules coming soon on paying for loot boxes in the uk

Probably some people did what others have eluded to already... people bought the wrong key and then try to get rid of it for a price below the official Gaijin price.

And the keys did run out at some time, because Gaijin forgot to replentish, so people ended up selling keys for a few days up to 10GJN because the supply ran out.

Best regards,

Phil

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I've looked, what these boxes can drop and … fairly, it's carbage.
So.
It's pretty much collapsed market thing for only those, who are angry, that their wallet has too much money.
But hey... they casted a bait at least

876011.jpg

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

There's some kind of "meta commerce" going on with keys and boxes...

From what I can deduct by observing the market, most players won't ever buy keys, so they try to sell the boxes just to get rid of them. So sell orders at the minimum price (0,10 GJN) stack up to tens of thousands. 

This makes 2,59 GJN the average price to pay in order to buy a chest and open it, the key being the main expense by far. 

Granted, each chest can drop items of very different value. Also granted, most valuable items drop way more rarely than common ones. 

Yet, by looking at sales history, apparently keys keep being sold, and so do chests. 

This leads me to believe that there must be a portion of players who trades methodically in them. My guess is, those people figured out that if they open a large enough number of boxes, the occasional rare drops will be sufficient to boost the revenue enough to bring the overall balance on the positive.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

15 hours ago, RiotLightbulb said:

So after receiving yet another chest i decided to go to my inventory and see how many i have. I have 21. How many keys have i ever received? 0

Seems a little strange doesnt it! I wouldnt be surprised if Gaijin had seperated the comunity into people who only got chests, and people who only got keys, therefore forcing people to trade on the marketplace.

Has anyone ever managed to get a key drop to a chest they have?

You get chest drops for free. You can actually sell these chests and make money on the GJN Market. Be it, not much money, but it's some free stuff! Overtime cases may increase in price, e.g. the recent cases only sell for 0.10 but some the 1.79 case sells for around 0.40 for example.

It is impossible to get a key drop for free, it simply does not happen.

13 hours ago, WolFie90 said:

I've looked, what these boxes can drop and … fairly, it's carbage.
So.
It's pretty much collapsed market thing for only those, who are angry, that their wallet has too much money.
But hey... they casted a bait at least

876011.jpg

Wouldnt say garbage I lately got an T-V Coupon from one. Also the Artists of the skins are being paid with the key prices so you do help others.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, RealArrow said:

Won´t say it is complete garbage. If you know what cases to open, you can almost loose money

Thanks for confirming my theory. 

Also, from a quick check after reading your post, I could notice that indeed older chests are being sold / opened WAY more than more recent ones, so much that their remaining amount is only in the order of hundreds instead of the usual tens of thousands. 

Could you please clarify if that's just because of "natural" progressive consumption, and thus increasing value of their potential drops, or instead perhaps is that because they had a greater chance of dropping rare coupons, and Gaijin nerfed such chance afterwards? 

Cuz that would really be a d(u)ck move. 

I got the Porsche Tiger coupon when I opened a chest recently, my first chest opened for months. 

Now I will wait for a few months more :lol2:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 5 months later...

when will people realise that gaijin are conning players, its a pay to win format full of bots and ghost units, Gaijin are registered in Cyprus therefore avoid all rules and regulations set by European countries and the UK. Gambling is illegal for under 18's yet they have "Wagers" . They also sell your details to other conning internet sites along with hackers who steal your account details. don't believe me ???, how many emails do you get from so called dating agencies?, how many times doe's paypal ask you to verify your account. If your stupid enough to think they are legitimate then you deserve all you get.  Gaijin is organised crime and nothing more. I have compiled enough evidence along with other players and some time this year we will be submitting it to the right authorities.  You get nothing from Gaijin unless you pay, chests need keys which can be bought, but trust me you will never get any thing of any good, I opened a chest got some crap camo but it disappeared and couldn't find it any where. once my few remaining Lions have gone I will delete this crap and play world of tanks who are regulated giving players protection unlike these crooks.   

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

57 minutes ago, Bazza57 said:

They also sell your details to other conning internet sites along with hackers who steal your account details. don't believe me ???, how many emails do you get from so called dating agencies?, how many times doe's paypal ask you to verify your account. If your stupid enough to think they are legitimate then you deserve all you get.  Gaijin is organised crime and nothing more.

Although I think it's nothing to do with the topic, are you really sure that you receive these spam e-mails just because you registered a Gaijin account instead of leaving your address to some weird websites?

Just for a matter check because I've never run into such occasions and most people won't believe such groundless accusation until the prof is provided.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Bazza57 said:

Gaijin are registered in Cyprus therefore avoid all rules and regulations set by European countries and the UK.

[..]

I will delete this crap and play world of tanks who are regulated giving players protection unlike these crooks.   

Yes, don't play WT, because Gaijin sits in Cyprus where everything is totally not regulated.

Instead play World of Tank, because Wargaming sits in Cyprus where everything is totally regulated.

Makes perfect sense.

Like all the rest of your post.

Edited by Thorne1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

59 minutes ago, Thorne1 said:

Yes, don't play WT, because Gaijin sits in Cyprus where everything is totally not regulated.

Instead play World of Tank, because Wargaming sits in Cyprus where everything is totally regulated.

Makes perfect sense.

Like all the rest of your post.

No amount of reactions can express the essential beauty of this roast. Chapeau! :salute: