Maus-968-no-logo_9b77ba1bb1ec1ae87459e2c

Aircraft characteristics, damage model, and weapon improvements:

• Canberra B(I).Mk.6 - a bug has been fixed which prevents autocannons from deactivating when the landing gear was extended. 

Ground vehicle characteristics, damage model, and weapon improvements:

• T95 — a bug has been fixed with jerky movement when turning from halted whilst the W and A/D buttons are pressed, vehicle repeatedly trying to switch between N and first gears.
  • MBT-70, KPz-70, XM-803 - dynamics of the pivot turn in Neutral gear has been improved. 
  • BMP-1, Type 86, SPz BMP-1 - floating speed has been specified: forward - from 9 to 7 kph, reverse - from 5 to 2 kph.
    • Source: Боевая Машина Пехоты БМП-1, Техническое описание и инструкция по эксплуатации. 
  • T-72B - max speed has been increased from 57 to  60 kph. Source: Танк Т-72Б, Техническое описание и инструкция по эксплуатации, 1995.
  • Churchill III, Pz.Kpfw.Churchill - max speed has been increased from 24.9 to 28 kph.
    • Source: WO 291_1439 Vol 1 British tanks //  WO 194_105 Churchill IV Typical for I, II,III, V & VI Drawing No TD.5912
  • M14/41 (47/40) - the order of ammo depletion has been specified. 
  • Ikv 91 - reverse speed has been specified from 10.2 to 11.4 kph. Source: Ikv 91 instruction book 1, 1980.
  • Maus, E100 - turret armour has been increased: 
    • Turret front plate: from 220 to 232 mm.
    • Side plates: from 200 to 205 mm. 
      • Source: RH/8v 2848 "Maus", Auftrag 41/205292 - Beschußmodel Turm "Maus" // Kampfpanzer Maus Der Überschwere Panzer Porsche Typ 205 by Michael Fröhlich
  • The muzzle blast effect has been changed for auto cannons of calibres from 25 to 40 mm. Previously, muzzle blast  created a lot of smoke that interfered with third-person shooting.
  • A bug has been fixed with low damage from shrapnel of ground vehicles AA radio fused shells to aircraft and helicopters.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

A big thanks to the player @Stuhlfleisch who went to Freiburg's German military-archive and got really rare documents related to the Maus o_o

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Ouiche said:

A bug has been fixed with low damage from shrapnel of ground vehicles AA radio fused shells to aircraft and helicopters.

Talking about low damage from shrapnel, the TNSh 20mm cannon AP shells does NOT make ANY spalling or shrapnel upon penetration of armor plates. This makes the T-60 even worse than it should be.

Worth mentioning that ShVAKs and Berezin B-20 cannons mounted in aircraft do make spalling/fragmentation upon penetrating armor plates.

• Like 1
medal medal

36 minutes ago, Ouiche said:

A big thanks to the player @Stuhlfleisch who went to Freiburg's German military-archive and got really rare documents related to the Maus o_o

While the change itself is nice, Is there a reason you gave it the lowest possible value of 231mm instead of 241mm ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

53 minutes ago, Ouiche said:

A bug has been fixed with low damage from shrapnel of ground vehicles AA radio fused shells to aircraft and helicopters.

so finally i can get back playing the M247. the damage was comically low, i sprayed 150+ shells right into the face of a MI-24, just to give it a cool smokescreen.

The muzzle blast effect has been changed for auto cannons of calibres from 25 to 40 mm. Previously, muzzle blast  created a lot of smoke that interfered with third-person shooting.

so this pacth is fixing the ADATS, M247 and the chadley bradley. thank you

Edited by netanelyat
  • Upvote 1
medal

Very nice changes, finally the Maus have some love. By the way Gaijin if is possible in the next updates please remove S-launchers from Tiger 1 those can block the gun difficulting the aiming and can complicate the angling position.

They are acting like headlighs in the past, please fix this.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I cannot overstate how much it frustrates me that you guys removed the Maus from the tree because it was too complicated to balance, and now you're continuing to try and balance it anyway....

If you're making changes regardless, why take it away from the tree? It's *still* seen in games, and you're *still* making attempts to change it. 

Maybe i'm hoping against hope, but could that potentially be a sign you intend on bringing it back at some point? Who knows.

I dunno, it just rubs me the wrong way that the reason it was removed was balancing issues and now you're putting out balance changes for the lucky few. 

medal medal

5 hours ago, Ouiche said:

@Stuhlfleisch Great job! :salute:

ps. You haven't seen any armor schemes of Chieftain in there? ;)

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Gamatech said:

I cannot overstate how much it frustrates me that you guys removed the Maus from the tree because it was too complicated to balance, and now you're continuing to try and balance it anyway....

If you're making changes regardless, why take it away from the tree? It's *still* seen in games, and you're *still* making attempts to change it. 

Maybe i'm hoping against hope, but could that potentially be a sign you intend on bringing it back at some point? Who knows.

I dunno, it just rubs me the wrong way that the reason it was removed was balancing issues and now you're putting out balance changes for the lucky few. 

I've been a tech mod for quite some time in the past (and miss it) and overall, felt in love with WW2 vehicles a long time ago - so i'm going to be slightly subjective and exaggerate a bit.

For me, this doc is... a lost commandment tablet. THE source. We spend days trying to get to the end of this "turret armor" story and through we had the answer. Seems like we were wrong. Honestly, after the time we spend trying to convince players we were right (as we really, really through we were), it would have been easier to keep it the way it was and forget about it.

We're not trying to balance the maus, we're (finally) fixing an incorrect vehicle. :p:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ouiche said:

So ALL ground based radio fuzed shells got buffed? Including begleit and M1A2?

@Ouichewhen can the adats missiles have smokeless trails like other ATGM's. Its soo blinding u cant see after you fire em.

medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, Ouiche said:

I've been a tech mod for quite some time in the past (and miss it) and overall, felt in love with WW2 vehicles a long time ago - so i'm going to be slightly subjective and exaggerate a bit.

For me, this doc is... a lost commandment tablet. THE source. We spend days trying to get to the end of this "turret armor" story and through we had the answer. Seems like we were wrong. Honestly, after the time we spend trying to convince players we were right (as we really, really through we were), it would have been easier to keep it the way it was and forget about it.

We're not trying to balance the maus, we're (finally) fixing an incorrect vehicle. :p:

so many sources were provided the last couple of years and out of a sudden gaijin accepts one? This statement is awkward since gaijin even refused the measured thickness of the kubinka maus.

Sorry but this change came 4 years too late. Now the Maus is dead for a long time and this change is so outdated and meaningless.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Ouiche said:

Absolutely what? That's top notch **** right there. Stuhlfleisch, do you think you could possibly tell people how you get access to that kind of documents?

12 hours ago, Flak_Dancer said:

Very nice changes, finally the Maus have some love. By the way Gaijin if is possible in the next updates please remove S-launchers from Tiger 1 those can block the gun difficulting the aiming and can complicate the angling position.

They are acting like headlighs in the past, please fix this.

or, if they stay, allow us to use the damned things.

people might think they are useless, but the amount of m22s, asu57s, and hellcats thatcharge right into my side and kills me says otherwise.

as for the maus turret... any reason its 230 instead of , say, 240?

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Ouiche said:

I've been a tech mod for quite some time in the past

You were a very good tech mod to. Very detailed and precise. I hope you are still enjoying and having fun where you are mate.

• Thanks 1

Why exactly was SU-7B moved in 10.0. Jet without Air to air missles, plane with very bad roll and turn rate. Plane that breaks apart at 1200kmh. 

Meanwhile Lightning is at 9.7 even if it's better in almost everything. 

Plane stand no chance at 10.0. Can't catch anyone, can't lock on anyone. Just usless. With lightning down at 9.7, maybe it would actually be balanced now.

medal medal medal medal medal

For a single moment, I thought they brought back the Maus. I mean, I see the update notification and the picture chooses for it is the Maus. But no, the update just includes a small change for an ultra rare version of the Maus nobody has.

On 24/07/2020 at 16:43, Rainbowprincess said:

so many sources were provided the last couple of years and out of a sudden gaijin accepts one?

If what documents Gaijin had so far was what counts as strong primary source, and all the other sources presented so far were only secondary, then of course it makes sense for Gaijin to stick with their original source. That is until someone is able to bring forward valid sources that are strong enough to uproot the original source(s). In this case Stuhlfleisch was able to procure another primary document that superseeds Gaijin's original primary source, probably in combination of validating the secondary sources presented in the past. Furthermore, it often takes additional time to research the new evidence... look at the human-waste-show we are living in right now where it becomes a daily struggle to see what is real and what is fabricated. You can of course go the easy route and accept everything at face value, or you start diggin into the stories/facts but many people give up pretty quick because it takes time, effort, energy, sometimes money to figure things out.

There are enough cases of people strongly believing in something until new evidence is brought forward... sometimes those people will not accept those new evidence brought forward (how long did people clung onto the earth is flat theory even after there was unrefutable proof... oh wait there are still enough idiots out there today that truly believe that crap), so it is good that here it actually did follow the scientific principle that views every so often have to be revised, even if it is painful.

Best regards,

Phil

Edited by Target1331
Wellllll, did not expect that word to not get autofiltered...
  • Thanks 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, Target1331 said:

If what documents Gaijin had so far was what counts as strong primary source, and all the other sources presented so far were only secondary, then of course it makes sense for Gaijin to stick with their original source. That is until someone is able to bring forward valid sources that are strong enough to uproot the original source(s). In this case Stuhlfleisch was able to procure another primary document that superseeds Gaijin's original primary source, probably in combination of validating the secondary sources presented in the past. Furthermore, it often takes additional time to research the new evidence... look at the "manure"show we are living in right now where it becomes a daily struggle to see what is real and what is fabricated. You can of course go the easy route and accept everything at face value, or you start diggin into the stories/facts but many people give up pretty quick because it takes time, effort, energy, sometimes money to figure things out.

There are enough cases of people strongly believing in something until new evidence is brought forward... sometimes those people will not accept those new evidence brought forward (how long did people clung onto the earth is flat theory even after there was unrefutable proof... oh wait there are still enough idiots out there today that truly believe that crap), so it is good that here it actually did follow the scientific principle that views every so often have to be revised, even if it is painful.

Best regards,

Phil

Well... the Earth is flat in game :p:

Otherwise, Pretty much that, Thanks! ^

Plus sources can be very hard to track down and the other issue is that at times documents are destroyed to evade capture and or from 500 or 1,000lb bombs landing on a file cabinet.... and so these days such Documents are very rare and or very hard to track down, plus if said Documents are not free to the Public to view... then they will be in private hands, and so if the person or company in question is not generous enough to give out copies for free, then it can be very costly... some even keep such documents to never show the light of day or may keep hold of them to write a book first and so on...

5 hours ago, L_Gen_Rohrreich said:

For a single moment, I thought they brought back the Maus. I mean, I see the update notification and the picture chooses for it is the Maus. But no, the update just includes a small change for an ultra rare version of the Maus nobody has.

You will just have to stay tuned for possible events that involve the maus in the future