Stona

Update 21.07.2020 (1.99.1.45)

Maintenance%20(27).jpg

Ground vehicle characteristics, damage model, and weapon improvements:

• Type 89, CV90105 TML, M60 AMBT, Ariete (Preserie), Ariete PSO, Ariete — a bug has been fixed with jerky movement when turning from halted whilst the W and A/D buttons are pressed, vehicle repeatedly trying to switch between N and first gears.
  • M60 AMBT — the LW25 25mm auto cannon fire rate has been increased from 120 to 260 rounds per minute. Source: 2008 NDIA 43rd Annual Armament Systems: Gun and Missile Systems Symposium 21 – 24 April 2008, Development of LW25 Family of Ammunition.
  • AMX-30 Roland, FlaRakPz.1 — the explosive weight of the Roland 1 missile has been increased from 3.3 to 3.5 kg. Roland 3 missile — from 4.45 to 5.2 kg. Source: ROLAND FRR & FGR Handout (Deutsch) — Multinational Aircrew Electronic Warfare Tactics Facility/Zentrum Elektronischer Kampf Fliegende Waffensysteme, Polygone // Air Defense Trends, US Army Air Defense School, Fort Bliss,Texas, June 1973.

Aviation characteristics, damage model, and weapon improvements:

• He 111 H-16 — turret aiming angles has been specified.

Economy and development:

• Do 17 E-1 — BR change:
    • AB: 1.3 → 1.0
    • RB: 1.3 → 1.0
  • TBF-1c — BR change:
    • RB: 2.7 → 2.3
    • SB: 2.3 → 2.0
  • B-29 — BR change:
    • AB: 6.3 → 6.7
    • RB: 6.3 → 6.7
  • He 177 A-5 — BR change:
    • AB: 5.7 → 6.0
    • RB: 5.3 → 5.7
    • SB: 5.7 → 6.0
  • Tu-4 (all series) — BR change:
    • AB: 7.3 → 7.7
    • RB: 7.7 → 8.0
    • SB: 7.3 → 7.7
  • F-89D — BR change:
    • RB: 7.3 → 7.7
  • M60 AMBT — BR change:
    • RB: 10.0 → 9.7

Sound:

• A bug has been fixed with constant echoing of the enemy/allied gunshots.
  • Explosions now sound brighter and shorter.
  • Mixer channels have been optimized for reducing resource consumption in DSP processing.
  • The sampling rate of audio assets is scaled to the sampling rate of the game audio stream of 48 KHz. This is done to save CPU resources, to avoid unnecessary oversampling procedures.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

Stona (Posted )

Fixed typo with B-29
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

F-89D finally moving to 7.7. Today was a good day for the 6.3-7.3 BR range.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal

the m60 AMBT...

im not sure if its a good thing

f89 im not sure if it's equal to the ouragan and barougan, but it's already a good thing that it goes up in br

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal

36 minutes ago, Stona said:

Type 89, CV90105 TML, M60 AMBT, Ariete (Preserie), Ariete PSO, Ariete — a bug has been fixed with jerky movement when turning from halted whilst the W and A/D buttons are pressed, vehicle repeatedly trying to switch between N and first gears.

Finally!

• Like 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

39 minutes ago, Stona said:

Explosions now sound brighter and shorter.

As much as I loved the recent sound updates. This doesn't sound right. The bass and long explosions before sounded WAY better.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal

20 minutes ago, MERTRAL said:

the m60 AMBT...

im not sure if its a good thing

Its clearly not a good thing, a gun that can lol pen anything in top tier doesn't belong at 9.7.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Stona said:

• B-29 — BR change:
    • AB: 6.3 → 6.7
    • SB: 6.3 → 6.7

B-29 never was 6.3 It was 7.0 in SB.

So did they made it 6.7 or 6.3 in SB now?

Edited by AdelWolf

Pacifica (Posted )

Must have been a typo
medal

Not sure what the point of lowering the AMBT to 9.7 is. 9.7 won't keep it out of 10.7 matches. Most people are still probably going to run it at 10.0 with the M1 and IPM1, or use it with the 9.3 MBT 70 and XM 803, which could potentially just drag those 2 tanks into 10.7. Seems kind of pointless.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Stona said:

• He 111 H-16 — turret aiming angles has been specified.

In which way?
The lower turret still says out of area for the turret, while the aming circle is green and neither the lower nore the upper turret is able to fire at targets directly behind, even if they should.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

When will people finally come to terms with the sound as it is?

I have never heard a big difference and as long as it sounds like what it is supposed to be, I'm fine.

Seriously Gaijin you can change it 100 times and every time a jerk comes and says he doesn't like it ...
Who says that his tin drum at home sounds right at all.

Please just ignore such people.

: ** remaining content of the patch top, which also includes the sound that was just not so important ...

• Confused 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Stona said:

Type 89, CV90105 TML, M60 AMBT, Ariete (Preserie), Ariete PSO, Ariete — a bug has been fixed with jerky movement when turning from halted whilst the W and A/D buttons are pressed, vehicle repeatedly trying to switch between N and first gears.

YES!!! The Ariete is finally fixed!

medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Stona said:

He 111 H-16 — turret aiming angles has been specified.

No further information? How exactly is this meant?

1 hour ago, Stona said:

F-89D — BR change:

The F-89D was pretty over performing at battle rating 7.3. Let’s see how it performs against 8.7 now. But still I’m sure it will perform well against < 7.7.

Hi all !

My first impressions after update:

- M60 AMBT to 9.7 is not very good change I think. Just look at poor Leo 2K with no thermals,

- finally transmission fix for Ariete etc.,

- I realised everything is bit louder now, but I still dont like general sound balance. Tank engines are still too quiet, planes and explosions are too loud, empty casings hitting floor are quiet too.

Please, give us sliders for explosions and planes. (or maybe even more sliders would be great like inside volume, machine gun volume etc.) Many people would appreciate it.

When it comes to sounds, recently I played ARL 44. That super annoying suspension sound is terrible, unplayable vehicle for longer period of time.

Have a nice day.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

What's Gaijin's problem with messing sounds up every so often?

I had player engine volume at 70% up to 1.99.1.31. Needed to reduce it to 40% today for it to be comfortable in jets. Turns out, it's still too damn loud on props. Not even in the notes.

Any ideas on when disappearing missile audio feedback going to be fixed?

• Upvote 2
medal medal

Another missed opportunity to correct the Lightning F.6 battle rating disaster created with the last BR changes.

3 hours ago, Stona said:

Tu-4 (all series) — BR change:

• RB: 7.7 → 8.0

The Tu-4s were already suffering from having to face aircraft capable of carrying AIM-9 at 7.7 to 8.7 like the Sea Hawk Mk.100 (Premium), F9F-8, A-4B, FJ-4B, G91 R4 etc.
 sending them against 8.0 up to 9.0 planes like the Mig-17AS, Vautour IIA IDF/AF, Etendard IVM capable of great early game climbs while carrying missiles that can effectively lock and destroy Tu-4s from outside their effective gun ranges will render useless and unplayable the Tu-4 especially due to their high repair cost.

3 hours ago, Stona said:

F-89D — BR change:

A 0.4 BR change isn't enough from saving 6.7 to 7.7 from this monster, the only solution is to nerf the rockets or make them historically accurate once and for all.

medal medal medal

M60 AMBT — the LW25 25mm auto cannon fire rate has been increased from 120 to 260 rounds per minute. Source: 2008 NDIA 43rd Annual Armament Systems: Gun and Missile Systems Symposium 21 – 24 April 2008, Development of LW25 Family of Ammunition.

How do you use this document to increase the firerate but you don't use it to give the 25mm the other ammo types it used? Give it airburst and HEDP rounds, it's near useless with only HE.

image.png.1b687db529d0ac5207c0ece553dccf

Edited by Warpzeh
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal

After today's micropatch all bass has been drained out of battle sounds? I am still getting bass in all other Windows apps.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

So the sounds improvements are being done in pro of a smoother gameplay experience with less resources consumption, I believe that's great for my low specs PC with ULQ WarThunder. Thanks devs!

Yet i gotta test the sounds first to either agree or disagree with the new sound.

However the question would be, does it sounds like that on real life? Since this is what i would care about the most.

And about the Tu-4 and B-29 going up again, could u guys tell us why its being uptiered again?  Their places in the game are limited to either early jets or late jets, both of them which make the bombers a suicide for the wallet (high repair cost) and gameplay. That limits their rewards and the whole experience with bombers is an issue.

Edited by *J26Lennox26
medal medal

3 hours ago, Haxburch said:

When will people finally come to terms with the sound as it is?

I have never heard a big difference and as long as it sounds like what it is supposed to be, I'm fine.

Seriously Gaijin you can change it 100 times and every time a jerk comes and says he doesn't like it ...
Who says that his tin drum at home sounds right at all.

Please just ignore such people.

: ** remaining content of the patch top, which also includes the sound that was just not so important ...

dude, idk what audio device you're using to play back war thunder but this is 100% not correct. it sounds terrible and tinny af again

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

25 minutes ago, *J26Lennox26 said:

And about the Tu-4 and B-29 going up again, could u guys tell us why its being uptiered again?  Their places in the game are limited to either early jets or late jets, both of them which make the bombers a suicide for the wallet (high repair cost) and gameplay. That limits their rewards and the whole experience with bombers is an issue.

People dont want the repair to keep going up so the only alternative its its BR is raised which should stop that or even make its repair lower in time. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 6
  • Upvote 1