Stona

Update 16.07.2020 (1.99.1.39)

DevBlog_6923364eaf319294fa2334ebe141b111

Sound

• Fmod Studio version has been updated (from 1.10.17 to 2.00.09).
  • New sounds for falling empty round casings on all calibres.
  • Sound events have been reworked for the following auto cannons: TNSh, 2А7, 2А42, 2А72, Hispano-Suiza.
  • KPVT heavy machine gun sounds have been reworked.
  • Sound events for reloading guns in ground vehicles now have loudness depending on the camera position (inside or outside a vehicle).

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

Nope you've broken your game, I'm now receiving a bug where I'm hearing awful echos of gunfire even when im tabbed out of the game and YES I have the option to hear game sounds when tabbed out turned off, so seriously fix this before people start uninstalling this is unplayable and it's setting my Tinnitus off, AND YES THE TINNITUS VOLUME IS OFF! Seriously this is literally causing me pain and you've allowed this in your game? What the hell were you guys thinking?!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
medal

Hi everyone,

so my spots after several games with this update. New sounds from inside are rather better, falling casings are good addition. But when it comes to sound balance inside the tank, I dont like it. I feel like casings from machine gun ammo is sometimes louder than casing from main gun shell, which doesnt make sense. Moreover, inside sounds are very similar if not the same for many different tanks, which doesnt provide good immersion. Nextly, I appreciate difference in sound of reloading from outside and inside, but to me, sound from outside is still too loud. When it comes to new echo from firing, it is too early to judge, right now my feelings are mixed.

What I still miss/dont like in the game in terms of sounds is:

- why the tank has different sound of the engine for me (as driver) and for other players ? For example when Chieftain (with his rather nice engine sound) passes me, it really doesnt sound like Chieftain, it sounds like any other medium tank! This is very unfortunate because players are not able to recognise what tank is approaching,

- engine sounds are too quiet,

- cannons sound very similar to each other and (for me) are impossible to distinguish,

- when many tanks are close to each other, some engines are totaly muted due to other, louder ones,

- planes like Wyvern are extremely loud and sounds like vacuum cleaner,

- I miss sliders for plane engines and explosions.

Edited by _BSD_Sanciny
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

Dear Warthunder team, 

I think it is very nice of you to focus on small gameplay improvements like sounds in between the major updates. 
Unfortunatley, with the new sounds for tanks a very loud echo was introduced aswell. Was this intentional?

As soon as the match progresses (maybe even an SPAA shooting at planes) the loud echos become very obnoxious. 
I couldn't turn the echos down with the sound-options, neither "sound effects" nor "weapon sounds" have an effect on that. 

Could you please consider adding an option to remove/turn down the new echo (like you did with supersonic sound)?

Have a nice day :) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

You don't mention it on the patch notes, but I am LOVING the new Abrams engine sound!

And I am not sure if it is new, the 2A46 gun? I don't know if it's just my impression or if it's actually new, but I think it now sounds even better!

- why the tank has different sound of the engine for me (as driver) and for other players ? For example when Chieftain (with his rather nice engine sound) passes me, it really doesnt sound like Chieftain, it sounds like any other medium tank! This is very unfortunate because players are not able to recognise what tank is approaching,

This has sadly always been like this. Other players' tanks have one or two poor quality generic engine sounds that are shared between all the tanks ingame, instead of each tank having its own sound, the sound you hear when you use them.

I don't know why Gaijin makes it like this, it is really immersion-breaking and generally speaking a low quality characteristic.

Edited by SPANISH_AVENGER
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Hi,

after this patch I can say that loud echo is terrible. Its irritating and hurting my ears. I would suggest to create option to turn it off. This really makes the game not enjoyable.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

The new Abrams sounds are very nice. On another note please quit messing with US tanks FFS. You know as well as we do the abrams has gen 2 thermals. You take them away for some dumb reason but the new AMBT has gen 2? Do better on your research for your vehicles in game Gaijin.

medal medal medal

5 hours ago, SPANISH_AVENGER said:

You don't mention it on the patch notes, but I am LOVING the new Abrams engine sound!

And I am not sure if it is new, the 2A46 gun? I don't know if it's just my impression or if it's actually new, but I think it now sounds even better!

This has sadly always been like this. Other players' tanks have one or two poor quality generic engine sounds that are shared between all the tanks ingame, instead of each tank having its own sound, the sound you hear when you use them.

I don't know why Gaijin makes it like this, it is really immersion-breaking and generally speaking a low quality characteristic.

Yeah I really wish I could hear distant engine noises to same quality as those driving them. Every tank has a generic sound either being a dyson vacuum cleaner for gas turbine or a lawmower for diesel. Jet sounds are also weird especially the ambient noises of jets when not moving.

Dear Devteam,

as already mentioned I appreciate the effort put into small improvements. The new echo effect however is a major detriment to tank RB. It is louder than main gun sounds and as soon as someone starts firing a medium caliber gun (SPAAs, IFVs or the 25 mm on the new M60) it becomes borderline impossible to locate other enemies by sound, even when they're firing their main gun. It does not feel realistic either, with the echo of medium caliber cannons being louder than high caliber main weaponry. Some modifications to the new echo sound volumes (or a volume slider) would be much appreciated!

Have a nice day, and thanks for your work!

EDIT: It seems that this has already been changed. 

Edited by maguumo
update to the game
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

yeah this new echo is rather annoying. You can even hear it when being in aircraft flying far over the battlefield. It#s a constant boioioing in the ear, making it hard to make out any other gamesounds like enemy engines, enemy gun fire and and and. The whole new sound engine is "too much" and stressful

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Same here. Terrible echoes, metallic sounds. Its hurting indeed. Its so awful that I don't want to play on. I even played with massive lags and flying tanks in the past but I cannot stand this sounds. It might be that its the problem of some and not all... Idk. But the change is terrible. Ibarely played today bc of it and after 4 rounds stopped now.

medal

This spam of echoing shooting sounds is horrible. You don't even hear the shooting itself. Just the echo of it. Its like I am playing ping pong with 10 marble balls in my bathroom and added reverb effect on top of it. Its louder than anything else and its still there even when you mess with all the sound options. The sound options right now pretty much do nothing. I can just turn down and up the music and the vehicle engines. That's it. Nothing else is controllable. I can not even focus on the game it self. I have to step away from the game until this is fixed. :(