MTom

Petition to remove the M901 from the game altogether

First of all it shouldn't have been added at all as it is completely broken.

Also thanks to Gaijin's brainless map design there are maps where 2 of those or even just one can win the game

Mozdok Conquest...M901 overlooking the cap, the team has a few AA up, M910 unkillable, anyone goes to the cap dies.

American desert Battle: M901s hiding on the hill behind the northern spawn. They are unkillable, anyone goes in their cap dies.

• Haha 8
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1
medal medal medal medal

lol - so someone using an otherwise rubbish piece of equipment in an optimum manner (ie making use of it's 2 good features - the missile and the raised arm) is too much for you?

Poor chap - perhaps this game isn't really what you should be playing?

• Upvote 8
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 14/07/2020 at 19:13, MTom said:

Also thanks to Gaijin's brainless map design there are maps where 2 of those or even just one can win the game

Mozdok Conquest...M901 overlooking the cap, the team has a few AA up, M910 unkillable, anyone goes to the cap dies.

American desert Battle: M901s hiding on the hill behind the northern spawn. They are unkillable, anyone goes in their cap dies.

Hey guess what? Load an HE round and shoot the launcher! Use hullbreak the way its supposed to be used instead of spamming APFSDS at everything. 

Imagine complaining you can't kill something because you're unwilling to use the proper ammo. 

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

First of all its not unkillable, second if one entire team gets pinned down by a single vehicle you should blame only your tactics.

Just needs a single MG bullet to a missile in the laincher, and the missile blows the vhole vehicle off...

I play the 901 occasionally, and it's not easy at all to use. Sure, once you're in a good position, you can do well, but getting there is tedius because the launcher always stows/unstows with the slightest position adjustment. Would be better if we could actively fold it down and up, as this would half the time to get ready.

I think my best were 4 kills in RB. But as stated before, it really is very easy to kill, even withonyl the launcher visible!

1 hour ago, Schindibee said:

Just needs a single MG bullet to a missile in the laincher, and the missile blows the vhole vehicle off...

I play the 901 occasionally, and it's not easy at all to use. Sure, once you're in a good position, you can do well, but getting there is tedius because the launcher always stows/unstows with the slightest position adjustment. Would be better if we could actively fold it down and up, as this would half the time to get ready.

I think my best were 4 kills in RB. But as stated before, it really is very easy to kill, even withonyl the launcher visible!

nope

the missile launcher goes only red if you hit it. no hullbreak

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, kackadoo said:

nope

the missile launcher goes only red if you hit it. no hullbreak

Depends on what you hit it with.

The square thingy that acts as its neck is even more vulnerable since that can be hullbroken with AP or APFSDS

It’s pretty meh. I’m not sure why it’s bar is lower the. The German HOT or the M113 tow launcher thing but it is pretty meh at best.

6 hours ago, ARedneckSquirel said:

Hey guess what? Load an HE round and shoot the launcher! Use hullbreak the way its supposed to be used instead of spamming APFSDS at everything. 

Imagine complaining you can't kill something because you're unwilling to use the proper ammo. 

Also, does this work? Cause I’m gonna bring some HE from now for such reasons.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

What are you guys talking about? I've shot it and this thing has eaten countless HEATFS into it's launcher and "neck" and never has hullbroken. Literally never. Did they change it recently?

• Upvote 1
medal

2 hours ago, Taeblamees said:

What are you guys talking about? I've shot it and this thing has eaten countless HEATFS into it's launcher and "neck" and never has hullbroken. Literally never. Did they change it recently?

It was changed one patch after it was released i think

it was even more OP than it is now.

On 14/07/2020 at 17:17, Ariesv said:

Shoot their giant atgm launcher; they go boom.

Since when? Last I played against one it took two 122mm (one AP, the other HE) and just laughed at me, did a 10 second repair, and nuked my WW2 heavy tank with a 800mm ATGM. I'd be fine with facing the M901 if it could actually be ammo racked. It should also probably be moved up in BR to fight alongside it's direct competitors, the RakJpz HOT and the Shturm-S

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

20 hours ago, watch_your_fire said:

Since when? Last I played against one it took two 122mm (one AP, the other HE) and just laughed at me, did a 10 second repair, and nuked my WW2 heavy tank with a 800mm ATGM. I'd be fine with facing the M901 if it could actually be ammo racked. It should also probably be moved up in BR to fight alongside it's direct competitors, the RakJpz HOT and the Shturm-S

It is not as versatile as RakJpz because of the launcher and the sheer size of the vehicle.

I would rather get the M113 TOW instead of M901 if its available in US tech tree.

3 hours ago, Sarcastic_Bullet said:

It blows up if there is a missile loaded in the tube. If there are no missiles it only goes red/black if you hit the launcher.

I can confirm this is not true as yesterday I died to an "ammo explosion" from a Tiger II hitting my launcher despite both my ATGM tubes being empty, the kill camera showed the 88mm round hit the Schrödinger's TOW missile turning it black.

medal medal medal medal

On 14/07/2020 at 19:13, MTom said:

Also, remove RKpz 2 + hot, it-1, stricker. they can to take cover and shot correctly their ATGM behind a rock or other protection, leaving only the ATGM spot.

Ironic. 

Edited by Whisky_077
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, Samuel_Hyde said:

It is not as versatile as RakJpz because of the launcher and the sheer size of the vehicle.

It's clearly not as versatile, but the niche that it fills (exploiting hard cover and hiding the entire crew compartment) is so powerful that it warrants a BR raise IMO, at least to 8.3. 

4 hours ago, Sarcastic_Bullet said:

It blows up if there is a missile loaded in the tube. If there are no missiles it only goes red/black if you hit the launcher.

Even if that's the case now, turning the launcher black should count as a breech+barrel repair and take like 30 seconds, right now it's just considered a barrel repair which is way too short

4 hours ago, watch_your_fire said:

It's clearly not as versatile, but the niche that it fills (exploiting hard cover and hiding the entire crew compartment) is so powerful that it warrants a BR raise IMO, at least to 8.3. 

I really doubt its even 8.0 material, ive been using it and its only slightly more useable than bradley.

Way worse compared to sheridan. And sheridan is probably more 7.7 than an 8.0

M113 hull itself can be peneterated by most jet cannons in 8.0.

11 hours ago, watch_your_fire said:

It really doesn't. It is fairly easy to kill and frankly, without thermals, it wouldn't even be 8.0 material.

11 hours ago, watch_your_fire said:

Even if that's the case now, turning the launcher black should count as a breech+barrel repair and take like 30 seconds, right now it's just considered a barrel repair which is way too short

I totally agree, should be the same for all the ATGM launchers.

medal medal medal

On 14/07/2020 at 17:13, MTom said:

It not so much as a brainless map design, but far more of the utterly broken map rotation/ selection.  MBT's have no business on tiny maps, but 90% of what I've been on is nothing but tiny maps or city maps.  I stopped playing high-tiers for the most part simply because its nothing but knife fight in a phone booth maps.

11 hours ago, Nebuias said:

One HE shot to the launcher and this thing goes boom. I don't see what all the fuss is about man.

Yeah, excuse me for not noticing something they may have changed like 3 weeks ago for all I know.