Stona

War Thunder "Regia Marina" - Changelog

2 hours ago, Wallia_Marseille said:

Nerf

What are you talking about... The armour values have been adjusted (the armour modifier slider has been tweaked more than probably) making the arrays more effective than before against KE but reduced against CE. The ratio between CE effectiveness being reduced to the KE effectiveness being increased is not linear therefore its a buff. The fact that CE is practically useless against composite armour types anyway makes this quite a substantial buff. As an example the T-80B upper glacis is now immune to L23A1 and M774 from point blank (0m) and DM23 beyond 500m. This is unquestionably a buff. Funny how there is no link to their sources for this.  

• Like 1
medal medal medal

The mini-major patch idea is great.  Hope to see more as time goes on.  Also can't wait for Naval EC.  The changes sound great.  

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Good to see bradley finlly get some buff

but if you wanna keep it folded everytime it move can you make the luncher damaged model to move along too? right now if we unlucky enough enemy can shoot the air beside turret where Launcher should be when it unfolded with HEAT and you will get hull break.

Rusian MBT armor change mean that I will survive <400mm pen now?

4 hours ago, Stona said:
  • Navigation bombing interface (Continuously Computed Release Point, CCRP) has been changed — added a vertical line for more comfortable aiming on dives/pull-ups. 
  • CCRP accuracy has been increased on dives/pull-ups.
  • Indication of sight operations for all types of aircraft/helicopter weapons has been added to the HUD.
  • Now, when the target is locked on by a helicopter optical tracking system, the correction mode is immediately activated. The player no longer needs to turn it on manually and press the target lock key twice to stop target tracking.

is this mean CCRP of helicopter are more accurated?  right now it only help you aim in horizontal, but you still need to aim manually vertical,

and what about auto turn on gun sight STAB when we change view to ATGM view or gunner view?

ps. when will S-13DF rocket get fix?

currently it have TNT equal of 19.15kg while irl it suppose to equal of 40kg the bug report already submitted since June 3. (funny thing is when that thing is in test server its have 40kg but get nerf to 19.15kg when it arrived on live server)

medal medal medal medal

I bought the new premium Chi - He hoping to get the decals on it, however it's not available.. couldn't you add those decals? I mean, it's premium and I'm expecting to get the tank AND the decals on it.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

so you just implemented those changes to the engine HP of the shermans that was found in the datamine of the dev server without even talking about it in the changelog?

why gaijin?

heck its not even consistent at all, you changed the HP of the M4A1 (76) W from 400 to 353 HP but the HP of the regular M4A1 at 3.3 is still 400 HP, they are the same tank with the same engine, just a different turret!

this makes no sense!

the M4A1 used the R-975-C4 engine from 1944 onwards, which had a net. output of 400 HP, not the 353 HP you changed it too, the R-975-C1 had a net. output of 353 HP.

a report about the different versions of the R-975 engines can be found in this report about the "Ordonance Development of the Wright-Continental R975 Radial Engine" from the detroit arsenal by Edward Promack, an official US-Army report:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bc7aR6DOHhmf3DU3UdMvgXoPgNL7KdGJ/view

details about the R-975-C4 engine begin on page 45, where it states:
"As experimentation continued, it became evident that a complete redesign was taking shape, and as a result a new designation, R-975-C4, was recommended on 30 April 1943 by the Sub-Committee on Automotive Equipment, which stated that the new engine increased...the gross horsepower from 432(thats the R-975-C1) to 493,..." note that it says "gross horsepower" not "net horsepower".

and addtionally:
"In February, 1944, the Armored Force Board, following tests of the C4 in Medium Tank M4A1, requested that it replace the C1 in the M4 Tanks."

that same report also states that R975-C1's could be easily upgraded to R975-C4's when the engine was overhauled.

on page 68 of that document(or page 26 in the original document without the pictures counted), there is a sheet of the different R-975 engines with their performance, including rated horsepower and net. horsepower output of the engines.

(i bet there are other people with more detailed sources to confirm and explain that much better then me)

i would really really appreciate if you would start to properly research such changes before implementing them without any communication and relying on the community for do that research afterwards.

if you dont have the ressources to put that work in, involve the community beforehand in such research, there are hundreds of people willing to do that on the forums.

now the M4A1 (76) W lost 50 HP at 5.0 and the M4A2 (76) W lost 30 HP and still sits at 5.3 while the Panther D got moved down to 5.3, how is that balanced at all?

source for the datamine with the changes to the shermans:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/hnfcgx/1990112_live_199125_changes/

Edited by Apfelsator
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

Mirage IIIC - a bug in the engine’s thermodynamic in WEP mode has been fixed. The nature of stalling at high altitudes has been adjusted.

I really wish I knew what this meant. 'Fixed' and 'adjusted' is so arbitrary, I have no idea if I should be excited or worried about these changes..

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

When will the F4E phantom get fixed with its top speed? The draken gots its fix. 

It was tested and you guy got the same results I got which don't match the documents from the flight manual. For example the F4E should reach mach 1.5 but only reaches mach 1.32 as max at 15, 000ft and it should go up to mach 1.12 at sea level but only goes to mach 1.06. 

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/483536-2342020-f-4e-phantom-wrong-level-flight-top-speed/

Finally some torpedo protection, irritating as hell to get insta gibbed in a heavy cruiser due to a torp. But like others have said, it should be dynamic in the future.

Some nerfs to russian armor, open italian navy, some aircraft bug fixes, 

And whats this? an updated bomber sight? cool, cool.

8/10 update. good good. 

medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, Stona said:

Ground Vehicles

Britain

• Crusader II “The Saint” (Premium)

Japan

• Chi-He (5th Regiment) (Premium)

Italy

• M14/41 (47/40)(Premium)

Nice skin on the Chi-He, in the game the vehicle has the same name as regular Chi-He it missing the ''5th regiment'' btw.

If possible make more of this reskin premium for GE, maybe for Ho-i or Chi-Nu next ? 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

HI

Im one of new player of this game and also suprised with details...

Game has simulator core that make this more serious, but I have some idea and expectations that could be occur as it has good and enough players to support.

First you need to fix some bold and unacceptable bugs e.g. uncorrect and fake replay at death(the hit replay, place of units and their movments) , not complete and perfect animations for various tanks and model during reload or firing ingame (ofcourse its not bug but at least a suggest should be consider in this type of the game), and my worst problem with this game after install(controll settings sudden changes to wrong parameter in every 2-3 day) i did attach the screenshots of menu before and after the change of settings, its too frustrating to set all settings everytime.

second some missing details are here please take care and listen as I do know the game will survive : Its simulator game with lots of driving content ; we should have better throttle details , gameplay and sound not just on and off,

as its war game you should have more realistic destruction both for buildings and units ,there is too much needs and gap for details of various units and buildings explsion or burning a tree.. also too many undestructable model which should be fixed,i said that because you choose to have these details already just needs more works...

Graphics and physics should have updates for more lasting...

I know all games are more commercial to accomplishment artistic work but you should care about players very much as they give life to the game... im speaking about currency and awards in game which could be more generous ,as i say awards and ingame income can be upto 50% lower than any expectable rate. in 2 hours of play for new players there is only (10k) to (-10k) lion!

Also consistency in Updates (Specially GRAPHIC) and more contents followups in these games are vital and important players expectations.

Thanks 

BEFORE.jpg

AFTER.jpg

Edited by Captain090

forgot to mention in patch notes about the phantoms no longer ripping wings when pulling negitive G's at any speed (thanks for that btw)

medal medal medal

8 hours ago, Stona said:

• T-72A — upper front plate protection parameters with kinetic and HEAT have been corrected. The equivalent of protection against kinetic effects is set equal to 405 mm, from HEAT - 500-510 mm. Previously, the protection against HEAT rounds was erroneously overstated.
  • T-80B — upper front plate protection parameters with kinetic and HEAT have been corrected. The equivalent of protection against kinetic effects is set equal to 420 mm, from HEAT - 520-530 mm.
  • T-64B — upper front plate protection parameters with kinetic effect have been corrected. The equivalent of protection against kinetic effects is set equal to 440 mm.
  •  
  • A bug with lateral friction of tracks, where vehicles could climb steep mountains and hills, moving parallel to the slope, has been fixed.

as stated before, can we get some clarification on such changes?

to me those sentences dont make sense, as apples (armour against KE) has been set to X, from bananas (some heat protection) Y-Z

what does that mean? is it a buff to KE protection? a nerf to chemical protection? what is that supposed to tell us?

on the bit with lateral friction - that means much less Xtreme-mountain-goating, right? if so, a nice and welcome change!

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal

The gunnerview bug for helicopters is still not fixed. Pls fix it....

shot_2020.07.08_15.00.31.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Gaijin: "We fixed Naval EC"
Players: "Can we play it?"
Gaijin: "No."

I would've hoped for more changes though. The mode still needs work. I hope they announce gameplay fixes alongside or before Battleships.

I really hope they will put ships and planes together according to era. If Early Battleships will be alongside 6-7+ BRs the aircraft they will fight will not match the AA compliments at all.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, Stona said:

A bug with lateral friction of tracks, where vehicles could climb steep mountains and hills, moving parallel to the slope, has been fixed.

From my understanding 

"criticalHillAngle" gameparam changed: 70 → 25." 

Is what reflects this change and causes less friction on inclines/step angles  in game.

I feel like this will do more harm then good especially considering heavier vehicles  and some of the terrain on some maps. 

As a veteran I understand there were a number of locations in game on certain maps that allowed tanks to access areas they should not be able to reach.

Areas out of bounds etc which I think should be fixed by actually editing the map instead of applying these changes.

This bandaid fix causes another issue with vehicles now where areas that are within the playing field of the map literally causes your vehicle to slide off terrain or struggle to gain traction on its tracks like its sliding on ice unrealistically making even terrain inside the map more difficult to navigate.

It feels like a badly implemented fix  to a small problem that is overall detrimental to the  overall game because it has undesired consequences now for all vehicles even on terrain that is very much within the map boundaries. 

• Upvote 2

Are the changes to T-64B, T-80B and T-72A armor buffs or nerfs? It's probably a good idea to include the previous value of armor as well as the new one in the patchnotes.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Please just keep the work up. I am glad to see these patches coming.
Bring more QoL patches, we want them, we need them, we welcome them.
You could even dedicate 1-2Major patches to QoL updates, the game could get a fresh air then.

I do not like the Sherman change to HP too, I am not really sure what HP they really had.
Interesting is that all 76 shermans lost HP, some like the lovely M4A1 76mm to some odd number - like 353HP, is this correct ?
The only Shermans that were not touched are the lower BR 75mms (M4, M4A1, M4A4s and M4A3 105mm - this beast still sits at 500HP).

Also regarding the new lower ranks premiums - THIS is how all the premiums should be from the start - standard tech tree tanks with premium vehicle bonuses + special camos and decals, Please keep up this kind of additions.
They do not have any real advantage over tech tree vehicles in comparison with high rank premium vehicles atleast (Typ74 - typ74G - thermals for example.)

just a quick question, any chance we can get the Vertical guidance line for CCRP bombing displayed on the HUD when in Simulator mode. i'm not sure RB gets it and Simulator doesn't, it would be most useful in Simulator if it could be displayed just on the HUD.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal