Since the Leo2k has to sit within range of top tier can we get a slightly better round for it?

Wasn't the Leo 2K prototype we have in game made from mild steel? I don't care if it gets the thermal sight, as long as its armor gets corrected to mild steel plate. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, *MiseryIndex556 said:

Wasn't the Leo 2K prototype we have in game made from mild steel? I don't care if it gets the thermal sight, as long as its armor gets corrected to mild steel plate. 

Not sure what hardness mild steel plate would be but they used cast steel and spaced armor for both the turret and hull from what I know highly doubt they used anything different from whats seen on the 2a4 production model used. 

KPz_Leopard_ExperimentalEntwicklung.png

fZS5J_LzhyU.jpg

medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 6 months later...
On 04/07/2020 at 18:04, [email protected] said:

I think you are thinking about the Leopard 2AV that was sent to the US for evaluation.

medal

wanting more handouts for Germans I see. 

The Leopard 2A4 sits at 10.0 because it doesn't have DM33, the Type 90 sits at 10.3 because it has DM33, pretty much the same tanks otherwise (as they are realized in this game), so if you want a better shot for the Leopard 2K, move it to 10.0.  

And before the autoloader debate starts, it has a crewmen less, which in those high rank games we all know what it means. 

Edited by SaekoB
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 05/07/2020 at 00:04, [email protected] said:

Some of them did and some of them not.

First prototypes of the "Leopard 2K" (cannon) were built from 1972 to 1974 for testing. The 16 chassis were designated PT (PT awarded 1 to 17, the 12 was not) and took advantage of the advanced engine of the battle tank 70th The 17 towers of the first generation were designated T1 to T17. The similarity of the shape of a tower to Leopard 1A3 and 1A4 was intended as the rangefinder EMES 12 in Leopard 1 had to be retrofitted. The armor of the hull and turret was made of mild steel, PT / T 6 to 10 and PT / T 13-17 possessed a version of armor steel. Served as the main armament smoothbore guns in caliber 105 mm and 120 mm. Rig 11 was the scheitellafettierte 20-mm machine gun as secondary armament. Also being tested was next to the torsion bar suspension 70th the hydropneumatic suspension system of the MBT.

The one we have in-game is supposedly PT 11, which has both 120mm gun and 20mm autocannon. Its turret survives in a museum but there is not indication to whether it had mild or armored steel.

medal medal medal

4 hours ago, SaekoB said:

The Leopard 2A4 sits at 10.0 because it doesn't have DM33, the Type 90 sits at 10.3 because it has DM33, pretty much the same tanks otherwise (as they are realized in this game), so if you want a better shot for the Leopard 2K, move it to 10.0.  

And before the autoloader debate starts, it has a crewmen less, which in those high rank games we all know what it means. 

It also have 30hp/ton power to weight ratio and (ill start it anyway) 5 second uninterruptible reload, the fastest reload in any mbt.

It fully deserve that 10.3 br.

Edited by [email protected]
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 3
medal

56 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

It also have 30hp/ton power to weight ratio and (ill start it anyway) 5 second uninterruptible reload, the fastest reload in any mbt.

It fully deserve that 10.3 br.

5 sec reload are you thinking of the type 90?

The lowest reload for the leopard twos you can get in 6 secounds not 5

medal

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

5 sec reload are you thinking of the type 90?

The lowest reload for the leopard twos you can get in 6 secounds not 5

Yeah the type 90.

Man look at all rhose confuse emote, probably japanese main. Typical.

What do you expect from ppl that are mad enough to think type 90 is 10.0

• Upvote 1
medal

58 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Yeah the type 90.

Man look at all rhose confuse emote, probably japanese main. Typical.

What do you expect from ppl that are mad enough to think type 90 is 10.0

It should not be 10.0 I agree, maybe even 10.7 no reason for it not to be, that auto loader is a pain to fight in anything

medal

8 hours ago, SaekoB said:

>has a better Leo 2A4 with more mobility, better firepower and similar protection (as in: none against top tier munition and some against lower BR rounds)

The Leopard 2A4 sits at 10.0 because it doesn't have DM33, the Type 90 sits at 10.3 because it has DM33

So we're going to ignore Type 90s supreme mobility and much superior firepower due to its stable 5s reload?

pretty much the same tanks otherwise (as they are realized in this game), so if you want a better shot for the Leopard 2K, move it to 10.0.  

I dunno what you're smoking, but i want 5 ounces of it.

Leclerc has 1 less crew yet it's one of the best MBTs in the game and somehow French mains don't complain about it, so what's Type 90s problem with having 1 less crew?

Edited by senzawa
  • Upvote 4
medal