Sarin

Navy: AB or RB?

So...I've been messing around naval forces for a while, got up to 2.7 in US and German trees, and now I'm facing a bit of a problem. I can't get a decent (meaning not half empty and uptiered to 3.7) match outside of few hours a day, and RP gains are rather pathetic. So I'm thinking about switching from AB to RB. If it's worth it.

So the questions are, is naval RB better populated than AB? And what can I expect from the change? I can adapt to the air changes, but how different is naval RB from AB? And will I get better RP in RB? I don't care about SL, got over 14M...

medal medal medal

On 26/06/2020 at 23:30, Sarin said:

So...I've been messing around naval forces for a while, got up to 2.7 in US and German trees, and now I'm facing a bit of a problem. I can't get a decent (meaning not half empty and uptiered to 3.7) match outside of few hours a day, and RP gains are rather pathetic. So I'm thinking about switching from AB to RB. If it's worth it.

So the questions are, is naval RB better populated than AB? And what can I expect from the change? I can adapt to the air changes, but how different is naval RB from AB? And will I get better RP in RB? I don't care about SL, got over 14M...

At RB you'll have better RP/SL rewards. It's harder to play due to realistic aiming, but after you get used to it, you'll be fine. Bombing and torpedos will be harder to use too, but it compensate by you not having a torpedo spam, or bombers realoading on air, so the biggest focus is on Naval opponents itself.

I personally do prefer RB becouse the torpedos/bombs spam at AB and better rewards. As for population, I think it's pretty similar actually, both are bad in this manner. But I love naval and hope it gets bigger soon.

medal medal

On 02/07/2020 at 17:33, DonMandrack said:

It's harder to play due to realistic aiming

I have realistic aiming activated even in arcade battles :)

Once you learn it, you can perform better than with the arcade aiming. Especially when ambushing someone, and having big guns which are slow to reload: you can hit the enemy with your first salvo if you judge the distance correctly, instead of wasting a broadside for a "ranging shot" which never hits anything.

5 hours ago, Monika_in_action said:

Neither... Both AB and RB naval battles come with terrible profit...

The profit isn't bad if you know what you're doing. The problem is with cruisers, because there the profit really drops due to the horrible reward calculation model.

With destroyers, and even with river boats I can make a nice profit.

I though naval rewards aren't that bad, then I unlocked my first cruiser... and found out that I gain less than 1/3 (often less than 1/4) of my previous income, even if I maintain a good KTD ratio.

It seems you get rewarded more by slowly draining the enemy's health bar crew count with low caliber guns, while quick kills and critical damage done by well-aimed high caliber shots aren't rewarded as well.

Maybe they designed it because high tier cruisers are only a few vehicles away from entry-level destroyers? In tanks and aircraft, after you complete tier 3, you have to research dozens of vehicles to reach the top BR. In naval, after you completed tier 3 (destroyers), you are just a couple of ships away from having the top-BR cruiser, so maybe they wanted that players don't reach top BR too soon?

8 hours ago, Monika_in_action said:

personally, I'm finding both work fairly well.

medal medal medal

If you want to gain max reward per minute usying premium ships: play AB

A lot of targets, short battle waiting time, just start next battle when you killer-unit is died (included double use).

Especially good solution for fast, small boats with auto-AI guns.

If you want to train your own skill, use tactics, focus how to win game: play RB

Targets are not markets so you are able to make a surprise attack and devastate enemy unit by massive MG fire,

Torpedoes are not so deadly weapon (due limited number of them on board),

Airplanes are not so deadly weapon too (lack of torpedo way or bombing aim).

Playing 2.0+ there is too much battle chaos at AB battles for me.

But I know there are a lot of fans to play this kind of battles.

• Confused 1
medal medal medal

3 hours ago, PL_Andrev said:

A lot of targets, short battle waiting time, just start next battle when you killer-unit is died (included double use).

No, no, no, and NO!

Please don't encourage toxic behavior. Other players also play the game, and some of them depend on the bonuses given by a victory.

The bane of this game is that the tide of the battle is often turned by several players just quitting after they've lost their first vehicle.

Penalties for leaving battles should be WAY higher.

• Upvote 1

On 26/07/2020 at 06:53, Praevasc said:

Penalties for leaving battles should be WAY higher.

I only notice this in Budget mode aka RB because Budget mode players are used to being one and done in Air and want the same in other modes. 

To the OP play AB.  There's not much "realistic" Naval in RB anyways.  My crew of hundreds on a ship with rangefinders and mechanical computers and no one can get on target without me adjusting the aim? At least you're not constantly having to adjust two axis at once while wondering what the hell you aced the crew out for.  Only real upside to RB is lack of torpedo spam but as with all Budget modes some of the Tank only, Fighter only, now Ship only crowd is leaking in trying to kill the air off.  I prefer Fleeting keeping the air and not having low set clouds but I was also fine with Fleet having good AI manning your anti air.  

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I've been playing Naval since Day 1.  I accidentally went into an Arcade Battle yesterday....

And I felt dirty.  an i'm not talkin bout the good kind of dirty either!  I stayed, played it out and came to realize why I enjoy RB more.

I don't do the "one & done" as mentioned previously.  The only players I've truly noticed doing this are the ones playing with their new Freecias event boats (sp).

I would suggest getting in with some good people and having some fun.  And as to "no profit"...  nah, not worth it  (answering that is).

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 04/07/2020 at 13:39, Monika_in_action said:

Soviet Armoured river gunboat lineups at 3.0 and 3.3 are my go-to money makers across all modes.  2nd is USA 4.0 AB air.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Josephs_Piano said:

Soviet Armoured river gunboat lineups at 3.0 and 3.3 are my go-to money makers across all modes. 

Mine too.

They are technically not really good, but most players don't know how to fight against them, so they are the category where I most often manage to carry a bad team to victory by myself.

• Upvote 2