Both Ghost shelling video's you posted are a great stunning example of this issue, the second video you posted where your aim was dead on turret cheeks but u got a "below the tank hit" is such a clear cut example of the servers being on the low tick rate that they are "Source" way to low, with you sitting on that low of a ping and 0%pl.

Also for people who don't know what tick rate is here is a good video(just watch first min) talking about what it is and how it works, a game with reflex requirement and quick shot calculations like this needs to be higher, for reference CS-GO (granted they are different) run their matchmaking servers at 64 tick rate, and competitive tournaments are run on 128 tick servers. mean while we are stuck on a 48tick rate

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Did you watch the server replay to see if the enemy you were firing at took any damage, or if the shell looked like it hit their tank?

I have noticed that recently the list of things you damaged that appears below the hit camera does not always list the items that were damaged if cross referenced with the damage from the hit camera. In some cases nothing is listed at all.

Perhaps in your case not only did the text list not show anything, but also the hit camera did not work either.

In the first case it did look as if the t-34 was hit, as it had a hit decal on it showing the penetration hole. However i dont know if that is purly a client side calculation or server too.

You would really need to watch the server replays to have a better idea as to what happened. Watching it back from the perspective of the tanks you were shooting at would be interesting to see if they saw you shoot and if it hit and damaged them.

medal medal medal

Recently i have had multiple games where i have shot a tank and the shell just vanishes after getting within a certain distance of hitting if i am not looking at the target through the gun scope an example of this is yesterday i shot at a tank through a chainlink fence with an AP round and after destroying the fence and hitting the tank i recieved no hit markers and unlike ghost shells of the past when it was just lag affecting my shots so that i could just hold down left mouse until it really fired these new ghost shells cause my death because the gun actually fires and the shell just evaporates after hitting the target

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Playing that game 7 years and i had only maybe 2-4 ghostshells. I dont even remember maybe less.

I have only problems against SPAA, they are shooting but i do not see the tracers or a sound of incoming bullets. In the replay you can see them clearly.

medal medal medal medal