Planned changes to the research trees and economy

news_logo_com_answers_developers.jpg

On the end of the June, we plan on implementing changes to War Thunder which affect the research trees and economy. 

All economy indicators for vehicles will be changed according to rank.

Click here to open table in new tab

Changes in tech trees:

Ground forces tech trees changes.

• USA:
    • M15A1 CGMC — moved to rank II.
    • M19 — moved to rank III.
  • Germany:
    • Begleitpanzer 57 and TAM — moved to another research branch, after SPz BMP-1.
    • RakJPz 2 and RakJPz 2 (HOT) — moved to another research branch, after Jagdtiger.
  • USSR:
    • Т-55A and T-62 — switched places.
    • Т-62 and T-62M-1 — have been grouped.
    • BMP-3 and Object 685 — moved to rank VI.
    • KV-2 (1939) - moved out of the group, now located before the KV-1S. Rank has been changed from III to II.  
  • Italy: 
    • 90/53 M41M - moved before 75/46 M43
    • 75/46 M43 - has been positioned out of the group. 
    • 105/25 M43 and 75/34 M43 have been grouped.

Aviation tech trees changes:

• USA:
    • SB2U-2 and SB2U-3 — have been grouped.
    • A-26B-10 and A-26B-50 — have been grouped.
  • Germany:
    • Ta 152 H-1 and Ta 152 C-3 — have been grouped.
    • Me 410 A-1/U4 and Me 410 B-2/U4 — have been grouped.
    • He 111 H-16 — have been moved to rank II.
    • Do 217 K-1 and Do 217 M-1 — have been grouped.
  • USSR:
    • IL-10 and IL-10 (1946) — have been grouped.
    • Yak-9UT and Yak-3U — switched places.
  • France:
    • D.500 and D.501 — have been grouped.

Navy tech tree changes:

• Germany:
    • MZ1 and Jaguar-Klasse (140) — switched places.
  • Italy:
    • VAS 201 and MS-15 — switched places.
    • MV-611 and MS-472 — switched places.

The War Thunder Team

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 8

You guys need to figure a better way to balance the B-29 and Tu-4 than to constantly jack up their prices to even more unreasonable levels. Tu-4 is already DoA most of the time due to being put in matches with 8.7s and IR missiles. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 24
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, Stavroforos said:

You guys need to figure a better way to balance the B-29 and Tu-4 than to constantly jack up their prices to even more unreasonable levels. Tu-4 is already DoA most of the time due to being put in matches with 8.7s and IR missiles. 

Feel free to drop ideas :good:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 2

i think theres a typo. in the german section theres a tank which name is simply SPAA which repair costs was 18k and had been increased to 21k. Which tank may that be?

Stona (Posted )

Looks like some 1946 Super Secret German Project! (will be fixed soon™, thanks).

I am very glad about the Lorraine finally getting to more manageable values. Also glad that you continue decoupling BR changes from Economy changes. That's really great. 

A lot of the changes for  RB look reasonable to me. However, I'm wondering what justifies the fact that the Leclerc has 4000 more repair costs in RB (stock) than the Leo 2A5, a clearly superior tank with a better accompanying line up for the BR and a vastly easier grind? Any ideas?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Stona said:

A reduction to 7.3 would solve most of the it and has been what I have been consistently suggesting. It will still be a risk to fly, since some missiles will still be around and since many planes can still catch up to it, but it will have more of a fighting chance. 

Beyond that, if you guys plan on implementing the recent base-bombing changes (like on Berlin) where bases keep on spawning when the previous ones get taken out, the fighter pilots who didn't think to climb to intercept the Tu-4 won't have to worry that a group of them will be able to end the match by taking out the enemy airfield, since it can no longer be targeted in the new mode. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

On Note Of Naval RP, Only The Furutaka Went Down By A Big 100k, While Other Nations Like UK & USSR Have Several Ships Getting Big Changes.

Can It Be Reconsidered For Other Japanese Vessels Aswel Other Than The Furutaka? There's Like No Reason Vessels Like Suzuya, Tone & Mogami Are 220k RP.

Edited by ShimakazeChan
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

i really like these changes overall, they make a lot more stuff enjoyable and will definitely help with grind.
@Stona any idea when we can expect some new BR changes? thatd be very nice to see :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

This makes no sense to me. I know a some of these vehicles are not over performing or even perform will IMO; it seems like your just trying to force people to clear BRs. 

• Like 1
medal medal

What parameters decide these repair cost?

The IS-7 and Object 279 are both at the same BR, that is 8.3. But clearly the Obj 279 is much much superior in terms of literally everything. So why does the IS-7 cost 18550SL and on the other hand the Obj 279 only costs 3800SL. How can this be justified?

• Upvote 13
medal medal medal

When will we see the list of BR changes?

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

22 minutes ago, Ouiche said:
  • Germany:
    • Begleitpanzer 57 and TAM — moved to another research branch, after SPz BMP-1.
    • RakJPz 2 and RakJPz 2 (HOT) — moved to another research branch, after Jagdtiger.
  •  

Finally you've done it!

It's good to see more grouping and general reduction in RP/SL costs. But why did you increase the RB repair cost of the G.56 last time if you were just going to reduce it 2 months later? A lot of these repair cost changes just seem arbitrary and useless, especially the ones where the difference is just 10~90.

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal

I suggest that the Hurricane group(Mk.IIb/trop and Mk.IV) and the Hurricane Mk.I/L switch places. It makes no sense that a higher mark is before a lower mark. 

medal medal medal

29 minutes ago, Stona said:

Well you have a planned change as part of the Air RB revamp, where bases are meant to re-spawn instead of leading straight to the airfield, this means that a squad of B-29/TU-4 can't end the game in 2 minutes, but can bomb some bases to earn SL and RP

If it cant end a battle in 2 minutes it doesn't to be so expensive, If it doesn't end a game in 2 minutes it wont be such a high priority target.. and may just MAY let a player breakeven with a lower repair at the least.

• Upvote 4

I am quite happy with most of these changes, especially to the later Centauro's  getting lowered repair costs, though I am still wondering if or when the SIDAM (Mistral) will have its BR changed and then be moved below the OTOMATIC, as its much less capable against non-jet targets. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Gaijin... Plz do a BR decompression for 8.7 and above. Maybe even for 6.7 and above and bump the BRs up to 11.3. I know this will result in longer matchmaking times, but  many players stopped playing because of the BR compression and will probably play again once the game is more balanced. And I don't think people will complain that much when they have to wait 10 seconds longer to find a more balanced match.

@DaBlitz_633 already did a list on how the BR decompression for top tier jets could look:

https://live.warthunder.com/post/911903/en/

Edited by Merlin1809
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 13
medal medal medal

11 minutes ago, Ami__Chouno said:

Surely the new RP requirements for the M60A1 RISE (P) is an error right? +90,000RP to make it 580,000, which is now the same as the M1? That doesn't seem quite right, especially given how the M60A1 RISE (P) performs in the current meta of the game

You are reading the wrong section, that's the SL gain, not RP gain. 

@WT_CT_Center Read your post wrong, thought you meant when these changes were being implemented (it says at top of the post). 

Whole point in balancing is put vehicles is representative BR not to balance with repair cost. With this list of changes you are saying that there are some "OP" vehicles so cost will go up and some players wont play it becouse they dont have SL but old players with huge amount of SL, like me, dont care about it so will play it if they want. That policy wont solve balance. Putting vehicles in right BR will solve it.

Also, reducing RP cost is fine and will help new players that we all want but without any kind of compensation for old players it just looks not so fine. Maybe old players are not focus of development strategy of the company but still my opinion is that is not right.

Edited by AttoMelani
grammar
  • Upvote 9
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Grouping ideas: gruop M4A1(76)W and M4A2 (76)W; M1 and IPM1; Panzer III L and Panzer III M; StuG III F and Stug III G; 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal