10 hours ago, *Rhino-1938 said:

I wonder if Grom can answer this question ? " will there be a console ONLY mode for PS4 and XBOX players to play together ?"  

No

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, *Rubberduck-de said:

rofl why should GJ do this?

BECAUSE consoles are at an extreme disadvantage against PC players IE: Game not optimised for consoles, Consoles limited to 30 FPS, No ULQ, Airplane controls not the same as PC, No head tracking, No PSVR ETC, Many console players have left the game do to these travesties , and there is a good possibility that these players would return to a game with a level playing field.

6 hours ago, *Rubberduck-de said:

the community fight for years for a real cross play.

This is not real crossplay. The console players just provide canon fodder for the PC masters

6 hours ago, *iYautja said:

Not surprised!

Neither am I 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

To the person leaving laughing reactions, please have the common courtesy to actually leave replies to a thread. This is why Gaijin needs to make it so you can view who reacts to you.

I have not played War Thunder on consoles, but I do not consider a bad idea if I were to view this from the perspective of a console player.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

On 20/06/2020 at 14:12, *Alabama-Shrimp said:

I had this last week. Console only option not pressed. 

IMG_20200617_092516.jpg

Ya for show and tell i could provide many of these actual wins in first place for air or ground that i have accumulated in the last six years. And i see by the tickets that your game in not over yet, you are spectating, your team has six players left, and the enemy team has seven players left, both teams have an aircraft up. You have six players that have no kills, and the enemy has four players with no kills .What is your point ?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

As answered, the answer is no. However, for some friendly games we could create an XBOX/PS4 custom battle. 

I think it could work, but it's then deciding on how the battle would pan out that pleases everyone. Some like sim, others like arcade. It's about trying to please everyone. 

It would be good for bragging rights haha. 

I create a lot of custom games on the xbox, but they unfortunately don't appeal to arcade players (though they could). They're more designed to keep both sim and realistic players happy. They involve all the controls and flight characteristics of RB, but all HUD etc removed to make it more sim like. It works well and keeps both sets of players happy. 

Perhaps we could work on arranging something? 

medal medal medal medal

On 19/06/2020 at 10:10, gromvoiny said:

No

Probably for the best to be honest. I've been dragged into a few PS4 only air rb battles and they've been a joke. 7 kills in a machine gun ki-87 literally no opposition, they didnt stand a chance. Thats what happens when you have 8 years experience playing against "new players" running Gaijins default controls preset. No thanks i'm not here for clubbing seals i'm here for the challenge.

Now if they would consider limiting new console players to PS4 and XBOX matching i would be all for that. If anything new console players need that extra learning bubble so they can eventually compete with the experienced players. And for christs sake on the subject of new players please do something about the default controls. At the very least they need a pitch up button.

5 hours ago, F0Z [email protected] said:

As answered, the answer is no. However, for some friendly games we could create an XBOX/PS4 custom battle. 

I think it could work, but it's then deciding on how the battle would pan out that pleases everyone. Some like sim, others like arcade. It's about trying to please everyone. 

I create a lot of custom games on the xbox, but they unfortunately don't appeal to arcade players (though they could). They're more designed to keep both sim and realistic players happy. They involve all the controls and flight characteristics of RB, but all HUD etc removed to make it more sim like. It works well and keeps both sets of players happy. 

I'd be down for this assuming we can get the numbers 32 v 32 EC format? Set vehicle lineups to make it somewhat historically accurate and give both fighter/bomber roles to keep everyone happy. Could make for some fun and interesting games.

medal medal

16 hours ago, *Rhino-1938 said:

Ya for show and tell i could provide many of these actual wins in first place for air or ground that i have accumulated in the last six years. And i see by the tickets that your game in not over yet, you are spectating, your team has six players left, and the enemy team has seven players left, both teams have an aircraft up. You have six players that have no kills, and the enemy has four players with no kills .What is your point ?

That he may be seeing more and more games with consoles being clustered together? 

I take it as even though, those of us that don’t have the ‘console only’ pressed, we may be getting dumped into console games by the MM, to fill them. 

• Like 1
medal medal

18 hours ago, *Rhino-1938 said:

What? The point is its, as stated, that everyone in the match is using the Playstation, not the Xbox, not the PC. You can see that by the * in front of everyone's name. 

Why you would think that screen shot has anything to do with what the score is, whoes doing what etc I don't know.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, *Alabama-Shrimp said:

What? The point is its, as stated, that everyone in the match is using the Playstation, not the Xbox, not the PC. You can see that by the * in front of everyone's name. 

Why you would think that screen shot has anything to do with what the score is, whoes doing what etc I don't know.

Ah my 81 year old eyes did not pick up on the * i saw you were in 1st place and i wrongly assumed you were tooting your own horn . My apologies 

10 hours ago, F0Z [email protected] said:

The problem with PS4 is we have no indicator that a player is on XBOX . The PC and xbox players all look the same 

11 hours ago, *Rhino-1938 said:

Ah my 81 year old eyes did not pick up on the * i saw you were in 1st place and i wrongly assumed you were tooting your own horn . My apologies 

The problem with PS4 is we have no indicator that a player is on XBOX . The PC and xbox players all look the same 

For us on the xbox, EVERY player looks the same. Even though we are seen as @LIVE, only PC players see that. We don't. So to us everyone looks the same.

To work around and create a custom game, we would either have to add everyone on the WT friends list, or just look out for a ready made custom with a set host. It's doable, just time consuming. 

medal medal medal medal

For us on the xbox, EVERY player looks the same. Even though we are seen as @LIVE, only PC players see that. We don't. So to us everyone looks the same.

To work around and create a custom game, we would either have to add everyone on the WT friends list, or just look out for a ready made custom with a set host. It's doable, just time consuming. 

I didn't know you didn't see our * 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

For us on the xbox, EVERY player looks the same. Even though we are seen as @LIVE, only PC players see that.

I've noticed if you call out an xbox player with the attacking command it shows the @live in the chat. Thats the only way you can find out if its an xbox player. Everywhere else the @live is hidden.

medal medal

On 17/07/2020 at 21:30, *Rhino-1938 said:

Well, it has been 17 days since i asked this question, and no response. Sony's fault ? , GJ fault ? , or nobody knows ?

We don’t have to explain it, you know. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, *Rhino-1938 said:

Oh i know, i also know that you are only following the guidelines you are instructed to use. Your answer appears to have answered the question though. It looks like it is not Sony's policies, or fault this time .

What Sony demands is PS4 only option, the same as Microsoft. Not the two together. Or that it works at all due to lack of available players.