mdrpl7

What happened with Air RB EC and why it isn't permanent yet?

We, The community of players ask You, the developers where is Air RB Enduring Confrontation mode? 

What happened with the most popular mode among Air RB players that constantly ask for it to be implemented permanently?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 15
medal medal medal

20 hours ago, mdrpl7 said:

We, The community of players ask You, the developers where is Air RB Enduring Confrontation mode? 

What happened with the most popular mode among Air RB players that constantly ask for it to be implemented permanently?

to keep it short, it was too effective for grinding. as a result, gaijin first knowingly broke the MM that so all you got were 5vs5 lobbies (which later got bots to bolster the ranks). the last big and worthwhile event was over a year ago where they essentially used the ground RB rules so planes didnt have nametags.

its highly unlikely it is ever going to return just like events such as "guardian angel" and "flight of the swallows"

• Sad 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 13/06/2020 at 15:02, Conte_Baracca said:

The historical MM kills the mode generally.  So it isn't very popular.

In the early iterations of RB EC it just used BR brackets like SB does. Historical MM is okay for events and what not, but i've no idea why they stopped using just the RB BR brackets.

medal medal medal medal medal

9 hours ago, DaniCaIifornia said:

If we get RB EC for every BR out there trust me RB player count will drop more than half. This is i believe why they are not implementing this ultimate game mod.

Perhaps that's indicative of which one would be the better :P

I feel like majority of the playerbase would happily sacrifice the horrendous Air RB game mode in favor of Enduring Confrontation being the Norm.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, DaniCaIifornia said:

If we get RB EC for every BR out there trust me RB player count will drop more than half. This is i believe why they are not implementing this ultimate game mod.

Why not let people enjoy what they want to play instead of giving life support to a horrible game mode?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

As a newish player I hate AB and RB. 

Arcade battles feels like a wasp war. I find both game modes crap, they seem like they were chucked together and left to rot. They might as well rename them team death match. Or worse domination with bombers in you're load out.

EC (sim is what I have been playing )I like because I can use a bomber, fighter or a ground attacker. I have space to do my own thing to learn. Its hard trying to spot stuff on the ground on some maps though. I think it needs more objectives to spread players out. As I hate being in a cluster that you have no control over( especially in arcade)

If I join a game of arcade I normally die over and over to some sort of bf109 that has been to the moon and back. Most likely a level 100 trying to get sl to get a new jet.

Rb I just feel like you have to play as a fighter. As you dont get rewarded that well for ground attacking. Then eventually a fighter will zoom by and back to the main menu with a repair cost.

I really hope they improve their game modes, that's one thing that is stopping me spending money.

I would like to see them make EC a main game mode with more stuff to destroy to suit ground attacker and bombers. 

Edited by [email protected]
Edit
  • Upvote 2
medal

On 17/06/2020 at 02:46, DaniCaIifornia said:

If it sucks it deserves to die out honestly. Players will tell which mode they want not devs but... for now we just want this mode to happen more often.

Edited by mdrpl7
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

I for one enjoyed EC.. Main reason i almost stopped playing prop air RB is due to how one sided it is, Climb for 10 min, which ever team has climbed most wins 80% of the time.. yea SOO much FUN!

Air RB in jet while it was fun at first has grown too boring and stale for me. RB offers no real reward for flying attackers and bombers. It is very rare that a game ends due to point being depleted..

Air RB is not fun to play with Friends.. if you die you basically have to watch your friend play along for god know how long, Then when the match is finish you waste another 2 or even 5 at sometime in queue time.

EC offers respawn, Respawn is a good THING! for one it allows you to get into action soon. it also better than the snow ball effect that happen when there is not respawn.. 

EC maps are bigger allowing player to spread out and do the tasks, Winning a game by completing objective is better than what we currently have.. 

BUT I know EC won't ever become the main game mode, as its less frustrating than current air RB in terms of grind.. No comrade we make money by making people frustrated.. 

Thankfully I've found other games to play with my friends which are so much more fun. its sad its not warthunder.

P.s EC might have flows, but its better than what we have.. and i have this opinion ever since first played EC event. 

The way RB EC is being ignored made me leave WT for an entire year. I didn't think I'd ever start playing it again as I recently did, but I'm mostly playing Sim EC right now.

The introduction of RB EC was like the much needed breath of fresh air for this game cause as a Air RB player, the same repetitive Team Deathmatch became really boring after playing for like 6-7 years.

Seems like they put the final nail in the coffin to RB EC at some Q&A when they said it wouldnt get implemented permanently cause it would "split the playerbase". Yea sure, so what? Theres so many modes in this game already that wouldnt hurt. The lobby system in EC would help to counter that problem. And if nobody wants to play regular RB well maybe thats a sign this game mode simply sucks? Maybe some people actually want to play their bombers/ attackers AND have an actual impact on the match?

After all, their official reason for ignoring the mode may be the split player base, but I guess people were actually just grinding too fast in it. What a damn shame.

Edited by SteeeveMaddennn
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, RikersMightyBear said:

It's obvious. It's because it makes grinding "too easy." There's nothing to wonder.

Ah yes, We mUst MakE gRiNdIng aS hArd As PoSsiBlE.

In all seriousness though, I would definitely like it to be implemented. Even with less rewards, I would still enjoy something more reflective of a real war.

medal

i don't think its too easy for grind, due to EC take more time in battle compred to air RB which end at what 5 to 15min max? EC can end up for hours, but if you say its easy to get RP then thats something they can adjust.. 

9 hours ago, ____Lexing____ said:

Ah yes, We mUst MakE gRiNdIng aS hArd As PoSsiBlE.

But is War Thunder not an F2P?

medal medal

8 hours ago, RikersMightyBear said:

But is War Thunder not an F2P?

It is and yet in SB EC replaced air SB as permanent game mode.

medal medal medal medal medal

10 hours ago, Royal_Jellybags said:

its not permanent because most of the players have a small attention span, 

I don't see how that would factor in. That would be an issue in any mode.

medal medal

On 04/07/2020 at 16:57, KH_Alan said:

It is and yet in SB EC replaced air SB as permanent game mode.

SB is nowhere near as "easy," for lack of a better word, than RB however. In SB it's exceptional for a player to perform very well; in RB it's much more common. Even when not trying to do so.

Edited by RikersMightyBear
medal medal