Sign in to follow this  
Zen_Tsai

Need German destroyer advice

When I introduced myself in the into section, I asked some questions about US destroyers and how best to match them up as a lineup to get the best fights possible.  I have the same question about German destroyers which I'm also grinding atm, but thought I should probably post them here.  Arcade mode.

I played the BR 3.7 Type 1924 Leopard and BR 3.7 1939 (T22) for quite a few matches and found them enjoyable.  While playing them I've ground up the 3.7 Kanonenboot (which I've decided to not play after reading reviews), the 4.3 1934A (1940), and 4.3 Type 1936.  Next up on my list are the 4.0 Type 1934A (which I'm looking forward to after researching it) and then the 4.3 1936B and 4.7 Type 1936A (Mob). 

Given the current state of meta, which of the German destroyers should I focus my effort and crew qualifications on?  I've only been playing about a month, so I don't have a ton of Silver Lions to make mistakes with.   Thanks for any advice!  (P.S. I'm working on US destroyers as well, and really like them).

Edited by Zen_Tsai
medal

Depends on the line up you want to use honestly 3.7 or 4.3.

With the 3.7 is use the 1924, 1939 And a boat of your choice with a bf 110 as support or with the 4.3 I use the 1934A (1940), 1936A and 1936B with the Me410A (the one that can carry 2x500kg bombs) just keep in mind that that the German DDs are kind of squishy when it comes down to taking damage. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Thanks for the advice!  I too enjoy Naval more than any other War Thunder mode.  I especially love PT boats.

Any tips for grinding out German bombers?  

medal

9 hours ago, Zen_Tsai said:

Any tips for grinding out German bombers?  

Fly them in Air battles, either Arcade or realistic until you have them upgraded. use the Ju88s, they have great dive speed and bombloads which you can use to shallow dive to a bombing point, bomb it then turn round and head back to your base, you'll likely get intercepted every now and then but as long as you get 1 bombing point you'll make back your money and some.

9 hours ago, Zen_Tsai said:

I especially love PT boats.

Good that you enjoyed them, I found them headache inducing haha

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On the American front:  To bring as a third spawn with the Sumner and Somers (both 4.7) would you go with the Fletcher (4.3) or the Porter (4.7)?  I've seen a lot of good reviews on the Fletcher.

medal

4 hours ago, Zen_Tsai said:

On the American front:  To bring as a third spawn with the Sumner and Somers (both 4.7) would you go with the Fletcher (4.3) or the Porter (4.7)?  I've seen a lot of good reviews on the Fletcher.

Depends on what you face, as third spawn you can expect aircraft spam with makes Fletcher better option, but if there isn't one Porter is better.

Fletcher also does better Vs PT boats, due to extra AA and larger antifrag armor coverage

medal medal

Sign in to follow this