GT_Eleanor

Ammunition Changes for top tier ground RB

Good evening Gaijin, I have a combo question and suggestion for the dev team. Why are the M1A1 and M1A2 Abrams missing their shell variants of the M829 APFSDS shell? Due to the missing A2 variant, the Abrams is at a disadvantage when compared to other tanks, especially the Soviets since they have their 3BM42 Mango shot, which is designed to Pierce NATO tanks armor profile. The Abrams should have M829A2 shot as a researchable module, since it was designed to Pierce T-72/80/90 Variant tanks sloped armors. Without it, American tankers are forced to take precisely aimed shots at Soviet tanks(breech area or drivers hatch, that's it), where as Soviet tankers are able to be much less careful when taking shots at the Abrams(been penned through the mantlet, turret cheeks, lower plate, upper plate, tracks, even the gun barrel for a kill) as the Mango will Pierce just about anywhere you aim on the tank. When will we be getting the M829A2 shell variant for the M1A1/A2 Abrams? It's causing a severe imbalance in top tier ground RB gameplay whenever the Americans have to face the Russians. Or if adding the shell variants for the Abrams is for whatever reason not possible, then remove the 3BM42 shell from all 2A46M-1 equipped Soviet tanks(T-80U/B T-64B), this way they won't have such a blatant advantage against the Abrams and encourage a much more balanced playing field. 

This is not only an in game observation, I have both Soviet and US top tier vehicles so I've seen the performance discrepancies first hand, but some research on the matter will show that these are not made up for the sake of making the Abrams an overpowered vehicle, but historical accuracies to try and make the tank as competitive as possible. 

Thank you for your time, Hope to hear back soon. 

medal medal medal

This is not just for Abrams tanks. This is for most NATO tanks in the game apart from the Ariete series. 

However, if you want, and it hasn't been suggested, make a suggestion:

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/1383-usa/