Decafeiner

Automatic distance correction on some ships: why ?

Hello there.

Noticed that some ships don't require/have manual distance correction (mainly playing germany, so, comparing S-100 (1945) to the Räumboot R-301.

If I target and aim with the S-100, I only get the distance, guns seem to be aligning automatically (less mouse wheel scrolling, doesn't feel that annoying, just the issue of aiming properly on target going straight towards/away from me).

Now in the R-301, which apparently uses the exact same 20mils as the S-100, I have to set the distance manually.

I couldn't find any difference in the ships stats or available information in the game. (Both on RB, both on PC). and both are fully upgraded (iirc, it was the same with stock ships).

Regards,

23 hours ago, Decafeiner said:

Hello there.

Noticed that some ships don't require/have manual distance correction (mainly playing germany, so, comparing S-100 (1945) to the Räumboot R-301.

If I target and aim with the S-100, I only get the distance, guns seem to be aligning automatically (less mouse wheel scrolling, doesn't feel that annoying, just the issue of aiming properly on target going straight towards/away from me).

Now in the R-301, which apparently uses the exact same 20mils as the S-100, I have to set the distance manually.

I couldn't find any difference in the ships stats or available information in the game. (Both on RB, both on PC). and both are fully upgraded (iirc, it was the same with stock ships).

Regards,

Might be a bug. I've played through all of Japan and up to cruisers with Russia and I can't remember a single boat I had to manually set range on. 

I haven't played German anything but I imagine their mechanics would be the exact same as any other ship. Most likely a bug. 

medal medal

it makes aiming at short ranges very tedious so it is disabled by default on smaller ships which mostly fight up close

you can enable it in the settings under "realistic aiming"

medal medal medal

On 29/05/2020 at 05:39, *N-Glycerin said:

Might be a bug. I've played through all of Japan and up to cruisers with Russia and I can't remember a single boat I had to manually set range on. 

I haven't played German anything but I imagine their mechanics would be the exact same as any other ship. Most likely a bug. 

Were you playing in RB mode ? cause the norm for me are ships that need to setup the range manually. unless you fancy spamming "Lock Target" every 2 seconds.

On 12/06/2020 at 23:35, Decafeiner said:

Were you playing in RB mode ? cause the norm for me are ships that need to setup the range manually. unless you fancy spamming "Lock Target" every 2 seconds.

I can say for certain I was not in RB. I personally dislike RB so I stray away from it any time I can. But the last time I was in the lower ranks was when Japan's navy was released. 

medal medal