Simulator Events "WTSE SB+" in a nutshell

Hello pilots, tankers and captains!

As a regular participant of the WTSE SB+ simulator events I've decided to write a how-to for new players who want to join us - but often are not sure what kind of gameplay to expect from WTSE SB+ or even don't know how to join events. Check points below - maybe there is an answer you're looking for
If not, feel free to ask me or organizers here or in next event thread.

0. Next event/How to join/Useful links 
You can find information about next event here: Battle of Kuvait International Airport 7.11.2020 19:00 UTC / 20:00 CET - Teamspeak server: 4fg.tsdns.pl channel: Zebranie (password: "WT")

Users inside TS channels are hidden for guests, so it may look that there is no one on the server. You need to join voice channel to see other players inside.
Missions to download, lineups and some info about missions - https://plswarthunder.wixsite.com/website-7

Every mission we played or we gonna play you can find on War Thunder Forum at Game Discussion/Game Mode Discussion/Simulator Battle Discussion/Events section https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/844-events/

1. I've never heard of this event - I need a short description...
Regularly organized WTSE SB+ Events are the best way to move into realistic and historical battles that War Thunder allows. Easily anyone even casual player can move to the next level of War Thunder gameplay. It is organized by a group of enthusiasts for players bored with battles played in factories or cities and looking for another more realistic battles.

2. What are the differences between regular simulator ground battles and WTSE SB+ battles?
The most important thing is that WTSE SB+ events are played on custom maps, usually several and more times larger than the largest maps in War Thunder. Also custom made maps give the opportunity to play any historical battle. Most of battles are prepared for 32vs32 battles - each team has their commander who plans how to defeat their opponent. Players are divided into platoons - cooperation, tactics but in easy not aggressive/competitive way. No one would blame you if you fail - everybody fails. 
Every scenario
has special line-up which responds to the historical vehicles fighting at that time in a given battle. So - Yes, sometimes M4A1 can meet Tiger II. Respawns are also dedicated for each scenario - for example in Falaise 1944 when allies can spawn 56 M4A1s and 14 Firefly Shermans, axis team can spawn 2 Kingtigers and 14 Panthers. You can find more about line-ups in 11th paragraph. There are also some technical differences like no HUD and markers.

3. How big are maps for event missions?

Spoiler

896.jpg.cd293de4487ea35eb6fa2655a4eb8b92

Up to 18x18 kilometers. Just ask yourself if you ever shot enemy tank from a distance above 3000m. Playing on such a large battlefield gives an experience you couldn't get in random battles. Also don't be afraid of long driving into battle times. Spawns are usually dynamic so you can get earlier into fight but you still have opportunity to use wide area to prepare your position.

4. Who can participate in WTSE SB+ events?

Actually everyone. Experience in ground simulator battles might be helpfull but even if you are arcade or realistic battles player you still can try it. However, it is necessary to recognize tanks from scenario you want to join - teamkills are ON and there are no markers. A lot of tankers (like me) usually play War Thunder on AB and RB but can easily go in and find themselves as effective WTSE SB+ tankers.

5. I am a pilot, may I join?
Of course. Sometimes about half of event players go in fighters, bombers and attackers. Every pilot can do something usefull for his team - fighter pilot can gain air superiority and protect friendly tankers and bombers. Bombers can go for strategic bases making it easier for their team. 
Attackers can do close air support which is highly effective against enemy tank platoons. Also it is easier to find enemy tanks when you can communicate  with your team and get coordinates of hard targets directly from ground. 
Flying on SB+ events don't differ much from flying standard simulator battles in War Thunder - of course there is no HUD so you may find helpfull knowing your cockpit well. Planes can't be rearmed on base and change their payload without loosing spawn (you should go with your payload at start and jettison it if necessary to keep possibility of rearming your plane).
Sometimes we also play events like Attack on Pearl Harbor, Operation Cerberus 1942 - that kind of missions are prepared only for aircrafts and naval units. They are not as regular as tank battles. You need to check our roster and stay tuned. 

6. Are battles different than random battles in War Thunder? Do you play standard modes like [conquest] or [battle]?
Each organised event is played in an original, custom mode which is most historicaly accurate. Also winning terms are different and they are designed for every battle. For example in Falaise 1944 event for Germans to win they need to capture several points placed in a line - allies spawn around and are attacking from both sides - as a German tanker I felt really like in a pocket. 

There are also battles played in Frontline mode, which was invented by the organizers of WTSE SB+ and can be a substitute for playing something like Ground Enduring Confrontation in War Thunder.

7. If I am not simulator tanker what should I know before joining WTSE SB+?

Firstly you should know that event is played without HUD and markers. You are able to check modules of your tank by using assigned button (default "i"). Also teams know positions of their teammates on minimap by using "T">"4">"1" (Follow Me). You need to remove any bushes from front of your turret (usually there is placed a gunner sight)

8. If WTSE SB+ events are historicaly accurate, so can players "change" history?
Yes. It's not a role play. Battles are balanced so it's not that hard to win it as lost side. 

9. Can I go in any vehicle I want or someone decides for me?
You can choose whatever you want. It's normal that sometimes there are rare vehicles which can't be available for all players. But if you want to use specific vehicle just say it on briefing before battle and trust me you will get your chance to play it. Also commanders appoint vehicles to platoons according to map sectors and their plans (you shouldn't go in Ferdinand when your platoon needs to flank enemy by climbing on a woody hill). All players get to know their tasks before battle starts so there is time to decide which platoon to join with your chosen vehicle to be most effective. 

10. Can I choose side I play?
Yes. Also usually we play a rematch so you are able to play both sides. If you want to play only one side or you have only one nation vehicles it's not a problem - you can play two rounds on the same side but as a part of two teams. 

11. How should I set up my crews according to event line-up?
As an example we can use Kursk 1943 line-up.

Spoiler

1169832695_rosterkursk1943.thumb.png.21d

As you can see there are only two Tigers H1 avalaible. If you plan to use Tiger H1 you will probably get only one chance to spawn it because your team will loose all the Tiger H1 spawns just at the beginning. For your next spawn you need other tank, you should go for Panther D or Panzer IV H. So you should always have some options in your crews to use other vehicles if your team runs out of your first choice vehicle. There are also limited spawns per player - on Kursk Germans spawn 4 times when Russians can spawn 5 times. 
If you are a pilot is it good to have backup plane and some ground vehicle to go in.

12. Can me and my friends play together as participants of the event?

Spoiler

55637394_wtsesbevent.thumb.jpg.925c1c3c6

Hell yes! You'll be able to make your own platoon so you only need communicate with your friends and with commander. Also if your friends don't speak English you need only one person who can communicate with commander in English - on your separate teamspeak channel you can use your native language.

13. Which language players communicate on WTSE SB+ events?
Organizers and most of participants talk in English and Polish. 

14. Why are you using Teamspeak 3? Why not Discord, it's more popular now.

Teamspeak is used because of important feature "Whispers" which Discord still does not have.
With "whispers" all tank platoons and flight squadrons have communication between squad leaders and commander.

15. What about the vibe of the event?
Most of participants are adults. As a participant I don't found any raging or toxic people (besides me). If you are one of them just don't join us (or be a little sneaky). On the other hand you don't need to behave like a pro. Discipline is welcomed but when you want to express your emotions after destroying an enemy or failing no one could stop you.
For me participanting in WTSE SB+ is like a catharsis after week of raging in random battles.

Edited by SZAKAL_
update
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal

Thanks, @SZAKAL_!

I would add something about using Teamspeak and not Discord. "Why not Discord?" - this question is often asked.

Teamspeak is used because of important feature "Whispers" which Discord still does not have.
With "whispers" all tank platoons and flight squadrons have communication between squad leaders and commander.

0. + Users inside TS channels are hidden for guests, so it may look that there is no one on the server. You need to join voice channel to see other players inside.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

I'm mainly a pilot, mostly interested in CAS, though I do not shy away from a dogfight. I've been playing the events for a few months. I've always wanted to play historical simulator events but War thunder really doesn't fulfill my need for these things - enduring confrontation is pretty bland and you often get very mixed lineups - same with tank SB. We've had chronicles events with historical scenarios for tanks - these were pretty cool, but the maps remained the same. The maps are what pushes me away from war thunder every time I come back to play.

The events are really something else, maps are what I've always imagined for mixed battles - looking way closer to actual battles with historical vehicle lineups. Truth be told, the event is often a highlight of the week for me.

I would like to add something though -

Planes can be rearmed on base and change their payload without loosing spawn. 

This is not true, it seems like the vehicle spawn limits screw this up - you will lose your life (you often have 3 or 4) if you J-out of the aircraft on the airfield. I'm kinda annoyed by this, but it's workable - take your preffered ordnance and just dump it after starting if you don't want it.

Edited by Furmano
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
medal medal

Hello there after summer break!

This time we will fight in one of the last battles of WW2 just before the soviet attack to Berlin - Battle of Seelow heights

Event takes place THIS SATURDAY 10.10.2020 at 18:00 UTC (20:00 CEST). Join TS3 server: 4fg.tsdns.pl - channel "Zebranie" password "WT" (gathering ends at 18:15 UTC but even if you are too late there is a chance to join re-match)

If you want to learn more about WTSE events follow up to the top of this topic.

Good luck and see you in the battle!

oommm I can't wait to ride my k'tiger...

Roster of vehicles available on event:

Spoiler

Soviet:

la-7:i=20
yak-3:i=20
yak-9t:i=10
il-10:i=20
il-2m:i=20
Pe-2-110:i=20
po-2:i=10
ussr_t_34_85_d_5t:i=15
ussr_t_34_85_zis_53:i=15
ussr_t_34_1941_57:i=10
ussr_t_34_1942:i=40
ussr_is_2_1944:i=10
ussr_is_2_1943:i=10
ussr_is_1:i=10
ussr_su_152:i=10
ussr_isu_152:i=10
ussr_isu_122:i=10
ussr_zsu_37:i=5
ussr_zis_43:i=5

German:

bf-109k-4:i=5
bf-109g-10:i=5
fw-190d-9:i=5
fw-190a-8:i=5
me-262a1-a:i=1
me-410b-1:i=10
bf-110g-2:i=10
ju-88a-4:i=10
arado-234:i=3
germ_pzkpfw_IV_ausf_H:i=10
germ_pzkpfw_V_ausf_a_panther:i=10
germ_pzkpfw_V_ausf_g_panther:i=10
germ_pzkpfw_VI_ausf_h1_tiger:i=5
germ_pzkpfw_VI_ausf_b_tiger_IIh:i=5
germ_panzerjager_tiger_P_ferdinand:i=5
germ_stug_III_ausf_G:i=10
germ_stug_III_ausf_F:i=10
germ_flakpanzer_IV_Wirbelwind:i=5
germ_flakpanzer_IV_Ostwind:i=5.

Map:

Spoiler

371295389_mapsgroundinstrukcja.JPG.a16d0

• Upvote 1

Here's a little promo of the next event - Seelow heights!

Feel free to bring your friends and experience immersion that can't be achieved in random battle!

This Saturday at 18:00 UTC join TS3 server: 4fg.tsdns.pl - channel "Zebranie" password "WT"

Edited by SZAKAL_
  • Like 1

It was a lot of fun again. Even if some things were a bit ridiculous for which woolfman can't help it, he did a great job and it looked very atmospheric. It was also nice to hear familiar voices again even though I have to say that my english suffered during the break

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

@corevino

It was nice to see you again even on the opposite side! :lol2:

Battle was immersive and even very balanced which is hard in such hardcore historical event. Next time it was told that we would play operation Husky made by @woolfman. I'll post information here just after official announcement.

Edited by SZAKAL_

And there it is! 

Operation Husky 24.10.2020 18:00 UTC / 20:00 CEST - Teamspeak server: 4fg.tsdns.pl channel: Zebranie (password: "WT")

If you would be first into WTSE SB+ events follow up to the top of this topic to get some basics.

Event map:

Spoiler

121973708_1270604509952756_6552958333943

List of available vehicles:

Spoiler

122048389_1270604443286096_6111535528958121977080_1270604429952764_9199559390740

Feel free to bring your friends and try new War Thunder experience! 

Thanks for good attendance on last event - about 45 players!

Sicilian dust just had settled and we're ready for next event!

We would fight for oil (even gas turbined M1 can't live without oil)

Event: Battle of Kuwait International Airport 1991

When: 7.11.2020 19:00 UTC (20:00 CET)

Teamspeak server: 4fg.tsdns.pl channel: Zebranie (password: "WT")

Roster: (sadly without planes, fighting falcon not ready yet :c)

Spoiler

Americans
playerMaxSpawns:i=4
spawnLimit:i=100

us_m1_ip_abrams:i=6
us_m1a1_abrams:i=6
us_m60a3_tts:i=21
us_m60a1_rise_passive_era:i=21
us_m3_bradley:i=30
us_m551:i=5

Iraq
playerMaxSpawns:i=5
spawnLimit:i=120

ussr_t_55a:i=21
ussr_t_62:i=42
ussr_t_72a:i=21
ussr_bmp_1:i=16
ussr_bmp_2:i=16
cn_type_69:i=4

And here's little promo:

• 2 weeks later...

Bumb! Don't miss today's event! Gathering starts in about hour (19:00 UTC).  Teamspeak server: 4fg.tsdns.pl channel: Zebranie (password: "WT")

Prapare your Abroomz or Dolly Parton and be ready to fight for oil!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Events are back after short break. 

Event: New Guinea 1942

When: 5.12.2020 19:00 UTC (20:00 CET)

Teamspeak server: 4fg.tsdns.pl channel: Zebranie (password: "WT")

Vehicles in scenario:

US

us_m3_lee:i=10
us_m3_stuart:i=25
us_halftrack_m3_75mm_gmc:i=15
us_halftrack_m16:i=10
f4f-3:i=15
p-40e:i=15
p-39n:i=15
b_25j_1:i=20
sbd-3:i=10
tbd-1_1938:i=10