qpranger

Whar is the blue vector that sometimes appears?

I am completely new to naval and just doing test sailss,

I know how to activate the green vector for torpedo aiming, 

but I am sometimes getting a blue vector without pressing any buttons, 

and it also disappears by itself, I do not understand what it means?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I'm going to assume this is the white/light gray vector that is the same shape and size as the green one you mentioned.

This is the torpedo lead indicator. For any ship that you've locked onto as a target, this will automatically appear to help you put enough lead on your torpedoes.

medal medal medal medal medal

11 hours ago, qpranger said:

I am completely new to naval and just doing test sailss,

I know how to activate the green vector for torpedo aiming, 

but I am sometimes getting a blue vector without pressing any buttons, 

and it also disappears by itself, I do not understand what it means?

As HugoTroop said, it's the torpedo lead indicator. But you shouldn't trust it too much. The enemy will always be moving around so you should only use the indicator as a reference and try to anticipate the enemy's movement yourself. It's also important to launch your torpedoes in a spread and not launch two torpedoes in the exact same direction. This increases your chances of hitting the enemy since one torpedo is almost always enough to sink any boat(but not ships like frigates and destroyers).

medal medal medal

Where can I disable it? It is distracting and I prefer to rely on my own vision.

1 minute ago, qpranger said:

Where can I disable it? It is distracting and I prefer to rely on my own vision.

Probably in the options somewhere. 

medal medal medal

16 minutes ago, kkang2828 said:

Probably in the options somewhere. 

Yeah but I cannot find it. Took me ages to figure out that the targeting X key assign is not in naval settings, despite the X+1, etc., being there. Some commands have no keys assigned to them at all. So confusing.

2 hours ago, qpranger said:

Yeah but I cannot find it. Took me ages to figure out that the targeting X key assign is not in naval settings, despite the X+1, etc., being there. Some commands have no keys assigned to them at all. So confusing.

Not controls but options. Look in the Options menu.

Edited by kkang2828
medal medal medal

4 hours ago, qpranger said:

I've checked the options and it seems that you can't disable it. It does work well as a reference so I would recommend using it as such, but if you don't want to you can just ignore it.

medal medal medal

OK, thanks.

A bit strange that you can toggle the green vector, but not the other one.

Try using "Q", I think by default that toggles the torpedo options, you can set it to off if not using torpedoes or while reloading if you want to. I think that is how it works

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I think I found it, if I understand correctly this setting binds both vectors together, so if I choose NO, then neither vector will appear until I press the torpedo aiming key:

Main parameters - Naval battle settings - Automatic torpedo forestall enabled.

• Upvote 1