Sign in to follow this  
WilderHans

Shells explode in the air before hitting the target...

Hi Guys,

is it a bug or wrong ammunition? I am playing SF40 and use He-DF shells. They often explode just before hitting target though. This results sometimes in shrapnel damage, but would probably cause more damage when hitting the target... Am I doing something wrong or is it how it supposed to be? I thought they would explode after penetrating the hull?

medal medal medal

HE-DF means distant fused HE shell and they explode mid air because they were meant to be used against aircraft. Use regular HE against ships.

medal

Not too sure somebody else will have more information I am sure and I am just taking a shot in the dark here. But the DF is for distance fuse and it is a gunner skill that needs to be trained up to be effective. As thegoldenball just replied as well they are more of an AA shell then an anti-ship shell.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Never ever think you are stupid for asking questions or seeking knowledge and answers. As people have already mentioned on the forums Gaijin have been very sparse and not too transparent about tutorials and how the game mechanics work, if you look on utube there are a lot of videos by people who understand and have worked out how things work if you want to get serious about the game.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Sign in to follow this