Sign in to follow this  
Brandon_Thom7085

Consoles at a disadvantage in naval

Naval on Xbox makes me want to tear my hair out. I know the game is better on PC...I played Germany up to their 3rd destroyer. But no PC right now so I play Xbox. Working in the Sumner right now, even spaded those god awful Clemson's. And now I can't get into a match where I don't just quit in frustration. I spawn in a destroyer, I get blasted by a cruiser across the map before I can get to cover. And don't get me started on Encounter and Conquest, which is popping up more. I spawn in a PT boat, I get blasted by a steel armored gunboat. I can't hit anything until it's under 7000-8000km since there's no easy way to set distance correction on a controller.  Then I can't see where my shells are landing! I did up spraying and dragging, praying for hits. So frustrating...I could play arcade, yes but I hate that you can see everyone coming, and the planes are harder to deal with. If anyone has tips for a controller, let me know....otherwise Im giving up. It's a shame because there's no good naval games out there...no I won't play WOWS. But playing videogames just to get stomped on...it's too much.

PS4/PC player here...they can lock onto you in RB as well so if you can't see someone in RB just start taping your lock target button and magically will get the lock.  It's not like Battleships really "sneak" up on each other in real life.

Your issue is more you're in a destroyer and the bigger ships have bigger guns so they'll have the range on you regardless of mode. I was using R3 previously to adjust my aim or you can just use a wireless mouse and keyboard on the Xbox. As for PT boats....they just suck in general it's not even like they ever really battled each other.  Real life PT is coastal defense or night attack missions because they're just crappy speed boats with torpedoes and some guns. I can't say they're much easier to aim on PC and it's not like an engagement lasts long enough for distance correction compared to the Cruisers. Just watch your tracers and walk them in

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Sign in to follow this