New features for ground vehicle Simulator Battles [FEEDBACK Thread]

Stona

SB%20changes_38b6cecc67f226e0b0b2d1e3cd4

Commanders, we continue to improve the SB mode for ground vehicle battles. In the upcoming testing session, we have created an updated mechanism for requesting the location of allies, improved as a result of your feedback. We will additionally introduce new respawning points which are better adapted to SB mode.

These features have been already tested in SB mode, following which we considered your feedback and adjusted them accordingly. We plan to test these features for a longer period than usual. Experience the difference and share your opinions with us, and we'll keep an eye on your feedback for future updates!

These changes will be implemented on the 1st of May.

New features

• Allies location request. According to the previous test results, activation of this feature won’t be automatic and will require players to push the “Rangefinder” button. This feature will not only be available in the sniper cam, but also when using the binoculars. 
  • Respawn in battle for the respawning points. This feature has also been tested, and received both positive and negative feedback, related mainly to the balance of some vehicles. At this stage of the testing, the proven limits of the respawn points will be enabled, and while we work on  adjusting the relevant values, respawn points for some vehicles might change to further improve the balance of teams for different setups.

Terms for the SB mode with the new respawn points feature

• The total number of times a player can respawn is 3, and these respawns are shared between ground vehicles and aircraft (for example, 2 ground vehicles, and 1 aircraft).
  • At the start of each match, players will have 1,000 respawn points. The amount of respawns allowed for members of each team is the same. Players will be able to choose which vehicle to respawn in, depending on the situation of the game session.
  • You can not earn respawn points during a battle. Everyone will be under these same conditions.
  • Each vehicle type has its own value in respawn points:
    • Heavy tank — 450 points (for top setups 300 points).
    • Medium/light tank — 300 points.
    • Anti-tank SPG — 300 points (except Ferdinand - 450 points)
    • SPAA — 250 points.
    • Bomber — 450 points.
    • Attacker — 450 points.
    • Fighter — 300 points.
    • Fighter with suspended weaponry — 450 points.
    • Helicopter - 300 points.
    • Helicopter with ATGM - 450 points.
  • Respawn limits for specific vehicles have been retained. You will be able to respawn 2 times on the same medium/light tank or SPG, and for a heavy tank, just once. For top setups you will be able to respawn 2 times on each vehicle. The player is able to respawn in any differing ground vehicles but not necessarily in the same one as they just used.
  • There are no respawn limits for specific aircraft meaning that players are able to respawn in the same vehicle 2-3 times depending on the amount of necessary respawn points. Each time you exit the aircraft for weapon replacement you will spend the necessary amount of respawn points.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 13
  • Upvote 13

Glad to see the ‘request friend location’ is no longer automatic, so can not be used as a detection aid.  

Cautiously optimistic about the 1000 SP.  Still a shame the required SP can not be related to a vehicle’s effectiveness (or BR) in relation to the best in that category, as it is in RB.  For example, a Tiger I in 5_1, which is a depressingly common sight if you’re playing Germans, just is not as effective as the ‘best’ heavy, the Tiger II (P).  However, that issue existed in the previous system and at least our Tiger I might now prove useful if he decides to use his remaining 550 SP.

Edited by Kernow1346
Sp
medal

2 minutes ago, PointyPuffin said:

And I hope, players will use the identify friendlies feature more...for the sake of my German BMP and my Italian Firefly. :p:

You'd be surprised how often blue-on-blue in vehicles that are obviously on one side occurs. Leo 2 gunners just love my M1.

Edited by Joram
medal medal medal

Sounds like good change since I think this might bring a bit more flexibility to the games. If you spot your team has no SPAA but enemy has lots of people on air Air, now you can use a second spawn to address that more efficiently (and the other way around).

Edited by esapekkis
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Allies location request. According to the previous test results, activation of this feature won’t be automatic and will require players to push the “Rangefinder” button. This feature will not only be available in the sniper cam, but also when using the binoculars. 

Good

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I think the 'fighter with suspended weapon' cost is somewhat questionable.

A fighter loaded with a2a missiles/gunpods is not the same thing as one loaded with bombs/rockets/AGMs. Maybe need some adjustment on that regard.

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal

Hopefully this will at least a little reduce accidental friendly fire, though as the person being fired upon is usually the one who wants to make the other aware of their friendly status, I'm not sure by how much. The respawn points seem to lay out a pretty clear system for respawning but whether any tweaks up and down will be necessary will be seen.

I always knew the Ferdinand was a potent vehicle if used correctly, but to see it have the spawn requirements of a heavy tank is quite exceptional. I would expect that this is evidence other heavy assault guns, like the Tortoise or T95, are performing more poorly than the Ferdinand. The Ferdinand might be a dedicated Panzerjager but it's interesting to note that it seems to perform consistently better than other heavily-armoured and heavily-armed vehicles around its rank if things like this and its repair cost adjustments are taken into account.

medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, JFG80 said:

So what will happen if I push the "range finder button", will I see all the tanks with markers just like in AB or RB?

In the first test there was a text, like the rangefinding text, with the green progression marking behind it and when it was done, it would tell you "friendlies at coordinates" or "no friendlies at coordinates". 

So you just get a small text in sniper view/binoculars for a short amount of time that tells you if the thing you are aiming at is a friend or foe. 

Edited by PointyPuffin
medal medal medal medal medal medal

41 minutes ago, Rudelord said:

I think the 'fighter with suspended weapon' cost is somewhat questionable.

A fighter loaded with a2a missiles/gunpods is not the same thing as one loaded with bombs/rockets/AGMs. Maybe need some adjustment on that regard.

How exactly do you define a "fighter with suspended weaponry"?

1 minute ago, PointyPuffin said:

In the first test there was a text, like the rangefinding text, with the green progression marking behind it and when it was done, it would tell you "friendlies at coordinates" or "no friendlies at coordinates". 

So you just get a small text in sniper view/binoculars for a short amount of time that tells you if the thing you are aiming at is a friend or foe. 

OK, thanks a mile!

medal medal medal medal

Can you make these informations visible on the main website ?

Because not everybody's wasting their time on forums and this is how a lot of players consider this as a "ninja patch".

And about the last "spawnpoint" test, i was happy as soon as it was over.

Edited by Loestic
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Question number one. will it be like in the last test, that both mode acitve at same time? one with spawn points one without? or do i have to play the thing with spawn points? i mean it faild hard last time you tryn to bring it to sim and me personaly dont want this spawn point **** in sim gf. its buggy as xxxx in sim ec so i dont know how it should work in sim gf

and instead of sloveing the heavy tank are usless tank problem, you carry it over. what should problem of our 3452534 problems in sim gf should spawn points slove?

Edited by Hoernerice
  • Like 1

How exactly do you define a "fighter with suspended weaponry"?

Bombs rockets, anything that isn't built into the plane. And as I understood it, the cost of a fighter with more than 100 At-rockets is the same as that of a fighter with two 50kg bombs that can't even destroy a soft target. :dntknw:

OK, thanks a mile!

You are welcome. :good:

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 things, can we have a different button for friendly identifier function please.  I dont want my scope resetting every time I want to check if someone is friendly. I might have someone ranged in perfectly I'm waiting to show themselves.

Tip tier is already getting smashed my choppers, if they can spawn 3 times now ground forces wins stand a chance.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

i dont know. sorry im lost so i need to write more.... your last test with spawn points failed hard. it was harder to get a match in the spawn point match que then as nato vs udssr. now you right the feedback want it... i follow this forum and i never saw anyone requesting it. where do you get this feedback from?

and how the foe system should prevent any of the tk happen i dont see and still noone explained to me

Edited by Hoernerice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Razielkaine said:

2 things, can we have a different button for friendly identifier function please.  I dont want my scope resetting every time I want to check if someone is friendly. I might have someone ranged in perfectly I'm waiting to show themselves.

Good point!

Edited by JFG80
medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Stona said:

• There are no respawn limits for specific aircraft meaning that players are able to respawn in the same vehicle 2-3 times depending on the amount of necessary respawn points. Each time you exit the aircraft for weapon replacement you will spend the necessary amount of respawn points.

Does that mean I can spawn 2 tiems in my Ka52?

• Like 1