Noobicum4Ever

I need clarification PLS

The fact that I have to start with those stupid-looking boats, the fact that the battleships are missing makes me wonder whether to play this game or not. Although I don't play any Wargaming games, WoWs has a more natural approach with the tech trees. How are naval battles really? Can anyone explain to me? I played over 100 hours with the ground forces but I don't feel any attraction towards the air forces but I do feel against the naval forces. I also have the impression that the development of naval forces is slower?

28 minutes ago, Noobicum4Ever said:

How are naval battles really?

The best thing to do is to actually play them yourself.

the fact that the battleships are missing

In this thread, go to the naval section, you can see rumors that bigger ships and the Italian Navy are coming, but remember this is just a thread about rumors, nothing is guranteed. 

They recently added cruisers like Graf Spee, Admiral Hipper etc. So I believe bigger ships will come soon.

I also have the impression that the development of naval forces is slower?

I don't think so, I think they're trying to expand the navy to get more players. 

You can see that in the past one of the major 1.9x updates was dedicated to the Imperial Japanese Navy, and after that all major updates have had something for naval players like new maps, naval enduring confrontation mode etc.

Edited by Agent0029
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

So, I recently started doing Naval.  I am currently in the Farragut on US, and I am mid tier II on everyone else, except Japan becayse holy crap is that navy painfulto start out.

So, I shared your views on small boats.  I like my big ships and what not.  However, the small boats honestly have a lot of fun.  That being said, some boats are more fun than others.  

Start on US, Russia, or Germany and you will probably find it enjoyable.  

UK became fun around tier II.  The SGB, for instance.

Japan, I assume, gets palateable around later tier II.

You gave up right before the most fun one!  The SGB is good.  I also like the premiums SGB (not as good but helpa grinding past that Clemson).

I haven't found a fun IJN boat yet.  

10 minutes ago, LinkX said:

I haven't found a fun IJN boat yet.  

K-3, K-7 and K-8 are all great fun, the T-51b and Type 11 can be good fun, Syonan too but it isnt as good as it used to be.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 26/04/2020 at 22:27, Noobicum4Ever said:

The fact that I have to start with those stupid-looking boats, the fact that the battleships are missing makes me wonder whether to play this game or not. Although I don't play any Wargaming games, WoWs has a more natural approach with the tech trees. How are naval battles really? Can anyone explain to me? I played over 100 hours with the ground forces but I don't feel any attraction towards the air forces but I do feel against the naval forces. I also have the impression that the development of naval forces is slower?

Play them yourself. I personally find boats to be pretty fun. The reserves can be painful(like in any other mode) but the benefit of smaller tech trees is that the improvement in performance is quick. Even the ones right after the reserves are a lot less frustrating. As always, YouTube videos will help you a lot.

• Like 1
medal medal medal

I do agree with previous answers. Boats are alot fun. Naval battles are very different based you the ship type are you using: Boats very close range, Destroyers close to medium range and Cruisers Medium to long range.

Btw having a good boat will increase a lot your win rate, as they are essential in three cap maps.

medal medal

Naval is slower and I concur the tree doesn't make a lot of sense.  Honestly I feel what repels players is two very long tiers of PT boats fighting unrealistic PT only battlers. It'd be like if Ground started off with AA versus AA for two tiers.  Also what you learn at the low level doesn't apply at the high level.  Like high level ground ....while very snipey at least you get the concept.  The PT boats are really just a annoying grind to get to what everyone wants to play in Fleet which is the Destroyers and up.   Unlike other modes though the PT boat isn't useless at the high level and  finally gets to focus more on it's role as a suicidal way to attack big ships that are distracted.  

BUT i will say it's the one mode where the high level doesn't suck.  Most people hate high level Air because the dog fight dies to the missile and as long as WT keeps it quasi realistic that's only going to get more pronounced. I don't consider this a negative but the little Jimmy's obsessed with skill really expect F-15s and MiGs to dogfight despite what reality tells us.  The traditional gun only dog fight is about as likely as the bayonet charge anymore. 

Ground at the high level is basically a one shot game from distance and feels more like a quick draw long distance battle lacking the "fun" of being able to tank a few rounds. You stick anything out you can expect a sabot coming at it and surprisingly it will probably kill you. 

But high level Naval is the slugfest you expect when large ships are firing rounds at each other, both sides getting lit up, deck on fire, masts breaking, etc  

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, [email protected] said:

BUT i will say it's the one mode where the high level doesn't suck.  Most people hate high level Air because the dog fight dies to the missile and as long as WT keeps it quasi realistic that's only going to get more pronounced. I don't consider this a negative but the little Jimmy's obsessed with skill really expect F-15s and MiGs to dogfight despite what reality tells us.  The traditional gun only dog fight is about as likely as the bayonet charge anymore. 

Ground at the high level is basically a one shot game from distance and feels more like a quick draw long distance battle lacking the "fun" of being able to tank a few rounds. You stick anything out you can expect a sabot coming at it and surprisingly it will probably kill you. 

But high level Naval is the slugfest you expect when large ships are firing rounds at each other, both sides getting lit up, deck on fire, masts breaking, etc  

I don't know about you, but the general opinion is that top tier naval is at least as worse as top tier ground forces. It is anything but a slugfest. 5.7 cruisers absolutely annihilate and one shot everything, including each other.

medal medal medal

On 26/04/2020 at 16:27, Noobicum4Ever said:

the fact that the battleships are missing

That depends on your perception. In that other game, destroyers are played like tiny little speedboats. Here, driving a destroyer feels like really driving a gigantic ship, with its momentum and all. Not even driving a tier 9 battleship in that other game (highest I got there) gave that feeling of controlling a giant, than even some of the bigger destroyers here do.

On 19/08/2020 at 03:57, kkang2828 said:

I don't know about you, but the general opinion is that top tier naval is at least as worse as top tier ground forces. It is anything but a slugfest. 5.7 cruisers absolutely annihilate and one shot everything, including each other.

Uhhhh no they don't....the ammo rack is rare and seems to have gotten moreso since the update.  RB you can make it happen easier because you just memorize the distances and the rounds travel with less variation but that tends to remove the fun from the game or honestly the skill since anyone can memorize "match begins i set to 11500, put it on the 3 hash mark, and boom"....not really skill. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal