IAmLordeYaYa

Gaijin bring back the Panther II

I remember a little over a year back i still was mainly playing Air RB only for Germans, and had started grinding tanks a little bit, being very pumped to play the Panther II and all the Tigers. But then my PC broke and i had to save money for a new one, this took me a long time, only recently have i been able to play WT again and the Panther II was removed from the game.. 

I feel so sad and "left out" everytime i play Ground RB with my 6.7 line up. It just feels so vacant, it hurts everytime i see another player rolling past me with the beautiful Panther II, rubbing it in my face, it doesn't help either with 6.7 getting uptiered to 7.7 90% of matches and Germany barely even competes. I mean i get that you try being as "realistic" as possible but there is many other "fictional" tanks and planes in the game that you haven't removed.

It's unfair that others can access content that others can't, especially since i've spent probably over a 1000e on this game ever since 2013, i just feel betrayed somehow. Please Gaijin just bring it back, idc if it would be with a event grind or anything like that, i just want to not be left out.

Edited by IAmLordeYaYa

magazine2 (Posted )

Moved to correct section.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal

Just now, Hans_H_Wind said:

I remember a little over a year back i still was mainly playing Air RB only for Germans, and had started grinding tanks a little bit, being very pumped to play the Panther II and all the Tigers. But then my PC broke and i had to save money for a new one, this took me a long time, only recently have i been able to play WT again and the Panther II was removed from the game.. 

I feel so sad and "left out" everytime i play Ground RB with my 6.7 line up. It just feels so vacant, it hurts everytime i see another player rolling past me with the beautiful Panther II, rubbing it in my face, it doesn't help either with 6.7 getting uptiered to 7.7 90% of matches and Germany barely even competes. I mean i get that you try being as "realistic" as possible but there is many other "fictional" tanks and planes in the game that you haven't removed, so why kick down Germany 6.7 that already struggles?

It's unfair that others can access content that others can't, especially since i've spent probably over a 1000e on this game ever since 2013, i just feel betrayed somehow. Please Gaijin just bring it back, idc if it would be with a event grind or anything like that, i just want to not be left out.

If you've been playing the game since 2013 then you had plenty of time to get the Panther II. 

The only other fictional vehicles I can think of are the R2Y2s, and the E-100 which is just a paper vehicle. The Panther II ain't coming back. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I feel your pain, I honestly do. 

But it was removed because it was paper. The only one that will come back, in some sort of event, is the Maus - since it was removed because it couldn't be balanced properly.

So, forget about it - it's likely never, ever, coming back. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, magazine2 said:

I feel your pain, I honestly do. 

But it was removed because it was paper. The only one that will come back, in some sort of event, is the Maus - since it was removed because it couldn't be balanced properly.

So, forget about it - it's likely never, ever, coming back. 

Then add Indien Panzer, at 6.7 it would be great idea. That 90mm cannon version.

Edited by Adamok2
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, Adamok2 said:

Then add Indien Panzer, at 6.7 it would be great idea. That 90mm cannon version.

Also only paper, sorry.

medal

9 minutes ago, Adamok2 said:

What? Add a blueprint vehicle which is similar to why Panther II was removed in first place (didn't exist)? This isn't that other game. 

18 minutes ago, Taeblamees said:

Also only paper, sorry.

7 minutes ago, magazine2 said:

What? Add a blueprint vehicle which is similar to why Panther II was removed in first place (didn't exist)? This isn't that other game. 

Then Swiss Panzer 61. Was based on Indien panzer, but im not sure*. looks very similar

Edited by Adamok2
medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Adamok2 said:

Then Swiss Panzer 61. Was based on Indien panzer. looks very similar

Nope, check here under "No Link to Panzer 58"

4 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

Plus why would a random Swiss vehicle show up in the German tech tree?

The same reason that why USA have ISRAEL Merkava 1 and 2.

Edited by Adamok2
medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

Because they speak the same language! Therefore, all US vehicles should go into British tree. /s

On a serious note, I don't know where the Swiss Panzer tanks could go into. But I want them in the game, they're cool.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

Those are event vehicles. 

that's the reason why USA have random ISRAEL vehicle? And it's good?

Edited by Adamok2
medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, Stavroforos said:

They should pop up in some other tech tree because they don't have enough info on all of their projects. Only few examples would be in game.

Perhaps together with minor axis nations? Swiss weren't exactly the allies of anybody.

Together with Sweden? Both neutral and plug the gaps of their tech tree? Honestly, I think it would fit. The vehicles are often even similar in design.

Together with Germany?

I don't care, as long as we get them into here somehow.

medal

4 minutes ago, magazine2 said:

Because they speak the same language! Therefore, all US vehicles should go into British tree. /s

On a serious note, I don't know where the Swiss Panzer tanks could go into. But I want them in the game, they're cool.

A Swiss 6.7 Panzer could be added as Premium? I'd settle for that in a heartbeat, would be a solid compensation for us o missed out on the Panther II, or is there any other Panther vehicles that could replace the Panther II? Or other Pantherlike ones?

medal medal medal

9 minutes ago, Hans_H_Wind said:

A Swiss 6.7 Panzer could be added as Premium? I'd settle for that in a heartbeat, would be a solid compensation for us o missed out on the Panther II, or is there any other Panther vehicles that could replace the Panther II? Or other Pantherlike ones?

I don't think so, even prototypes.

medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Stavroforos said:

If you've been playing the game since 2013 then you had plenty of time to get the Panther II. 

The only other fictional vehicles I can think of are the R2Y2s, and the E-100 which is just a paper vehicle. The Panther II ain't coming back. 

E 100 is not paper...............

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

24 minutes ago, Hans_H_Wind said:

90mm BK90 Leopard I prototype?

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/371314-leopard-prototype-series-germany-post-war-vehicles/

About the removal of the Panther II and Tiger 10,5; even when they didn't exist at all, hiding them from research sucks really bad. It is indeed taking something away that one could get attached to.

The Coelian (also now known as Flakpanzer 341) is a bit unclear whether it was completed, but I always thought it was enough to keep it. Ah well. Honestly the Ostwind II looks more fantasy to me than the Coelian. How would you operate that turret? :018:

2 hours ago, magazine2 said:

the Maus - since it was removed because it couldn't be balanced properly.

I would say it could have; at the very least keep it in even if it was disadvantaged relative to its opposition. But I guess this treatment is better at making the voices for changes slowly disappear.

Edited by Stahlvormund101
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal

One other thing that sorta bugs me is that since Gaijin removed it because it "didn't exist" there still is the fact that Germany faces post war vehicles in ww2 tanks, where is the realism in that? Those scenarios sure didn't happen. Where are all freeaboos and other non Axis players calling that fact out? Nowhere.

The T34 86 100 for example is also complete paper but that hasn't seized to exsist ingame. This is a game afterall. The Panther II coming back would not hurt. Now i know this is all controversial and all, but it's worth discussimg

Edited by Hans_H_Wind
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, Hans_H_Wind said:

The T34 86 100 for example is also complete paper but that hasn't seized to exsist ingame. This is a game afterall. The Panther II coming back would not hurt. Now i know this is all controversial and all, but it's worth discussimg

Apparently there were two T-34-100 prototypes.

Edited by Stahlvormund101
medal medal medal medal medal

8 minutes ago, PrussianOwl said:

Agreed, I don't want to see new paper tanks in the game but the Panther II had a place. All of these vehicles had a place in WT history, and removing them now is just unfair to new players

This is the view i share also, i'd like WT to keep the game as non fictional as just possible but deleting content from other players is a move that shouldn't have been done. Like the fact that others habe it and i don't really makes me feel pain, litterally. :(

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, Hans_H_Wind said:

The T34 86 100 for example is also complete paper but that hasn't seized to exsist ingame.

Spoiler

See the source image

See the source image

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
medal