Helicopters ruining gameplay SB

Hello folks, 

look, I know it gets boring coming in these forums to see that most threads are complaints but this one really is justified and you cannot argue that it isn't. Helicopters in SB. 

Right, I've been in a bunch of games tonight and have mainly been playing NATO as I want to go back and get the last few mods for my Challenger 1 MK3, in almost every game now we have faced off against the same 2 KA-52s and MI-28N. In almost every game now those 3 helicopters have decimated our team either in, or very close to spawn. It's so bad that people started J'ing out and just leaving. Does that or does that not tell you that there is an issue? 

Now, this would be beyond irritating if this was all free, but really it isn't, people are losing tens of thousands of silver lions and aren't even being given the chance to fight their platforms. Why are helicopters so disgusting? It's ludicrous that people can just bang them on autopilot and then sit back and lazily harvest loads of kills, RP and SL from it all. Clearly they're here to stay, you've introduced them now and people have parted with money for them but there needs to be a counter and the first thing that needs to happen is they need to spawn on a helipad back on the jet airfield. Perhaps after a certain amount of time has passed they could be allowed to spawn at their current forward bases. 

People need a chance here and the best way to give it to them is to make it so people taking their helis up first need to spend some time getting to the battlefield which gives the tanks a chance to shake out and therefore make it so heli pilots need to find them in the same way that plane pilots need to find them. Heli pilots will complain that this means that they are at risk from jets. This is true but means that they will have to fly low and use the terrain as cover which is what Attack helicopters do in real life anyway. 

Currently they are silly, they can engage SPAA out further than SPAA can engage them and they are also considerably more efficient than SPAA. It's Ground Sim, people want to play with the tanks that they've spent forever grinding or paying to, they don't just want to drive around in AA vehicles and they certainly don't want to get killed in spawn by helicopters. 

For my part, I largely stopped giving you money ages ago, I renew my premium here and there but don't spend loads of money converting RP like I used to because as nice as many of your new offerings are and as much as I'd like to play with them, I cannot for the life of me see the value in parting with real life money for the experience you currently offer. I must say I am confident that I am far from the only one. 

Please consider what I have said and fix the issue. 

P.S. After checking their most prominent pilot's player card after the match I recently finished, I noticed he scores on average just over 3x as many kills with his AH-1Z and KA-52 than he does with either of his Abrams which are his highest scoring tanks for SB. Speaks volumes. 

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal

On few maps it's not possible to leave spawn area, because of Ka52 familly.

Now it's even harder when they have termals so you can't play hide and seak with them to let them come closer in SPAA range :(

One of possible solution should be a delay for planes/helis for like 5-10mins or something so ground forces will have time to do anything

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, AdelWolf said:

No! Tanks ruining the gameplay of SB!

XD... That is actually sort of true. 

Tanks being entirely arcade in sim is one of my major concerns with the game. 

However helicopters do have a few issues. The overly potent hover mode and mouse aim in gunner view. 

Other than that I think they are fine. 

From a missiondesign perspective the close helipad needs to be removed. 

But that's about it. You only get swarmed by helicopters if your planes don't mop them up. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

21 hours ago, Hussar91 said:

I cannot for the life of me see the value in parting with real life money for the experience you currently offer. I must say I am confident that I am far from the only one.

You’re not.

I quite enjoy EC and can enjoy sim GF in a squad.  However, it was the perpetual abysmal map selection and resulting poor gaming experience which finally convinced me to stop handing over £.  I’d quite like something vaguely like a WW2 tank experience and running around idiotic mazes is not what I had in mind.  I’ve now got a long list of maps which I thought couldn’t be any worse, but Gaijin managed to prove me wrong every time: Abandoned Factory not quite so poor as Italy, which isn’t actually as dismal as American Desert or Alaska, and somehow both of those theme parks are less awful than Sweden.

Introduction of helis turned me off top tier, especially the contrived event with no fixed-wing.  Could give it another go, but by all accounts facing modern day helis with their AAMs in 50s/60s jets is just as futile as you’d expect.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

2 hours ago, DerGrafVonZahl said:

Other than that I think they are fine.

No they are not,  ARMA 3 has better helicopter flight model. Besides that the gunner view is a lot better than in real life.  Take Ka50- it has monochrome CRT display with 256 lines IRL, here in game it is full screen fullHD colour picture. Obviously it is a lot easier to aim. Mouse aim should go,  buttons only or analog axis.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal

ridiculously, nato have more powerful tank, if u think ussr is easy to win, just play ussr tank , and feel the desperation of ur useless teammate dying like the cattle ready for slaughter. without player like us who have KA52 80U and 2S6, ussr cant win anymore.better practice ur skill, to make "index of destroyed player vehicles to the number of flyouts" more than 1. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sputnik_77 said:

No they are not,  ARMA 3 has better helicopter flight model.

I can't compare it to ArmA 3 as I don't own that. I do own the ka-50 in DCS. As WT doesn't try to get to that level I think the flight model is decent in the same way the aircraft FMs are. 

My main issue is with the SAS options in WT. As the hover mode gets you into the hover even though you were flying full speed with no manual input needed. But AFAIK ArmA has this as well (at least ArmA 2 had it). In reality the autohover would not be able to do it you would need to get the helicopter into a hover before you can engage the autohover. 

6 hours ago, Sputnik_77 said:

Besides that the gunner view is a lot better than in real life.  Take Ka50- it has monochrome CRT display with 256 lines IRL, here in game it is full screen fullHD colour picture. Obviously it is a lot easier to aim. Mouse aim should go,  buttons only or analog axis.

Well that is what I meant. 

My point is that in comparison to the tanks, the helicopters are already way ahead

Hey it could be loads of fun in EC and would make the ground battles a lot more fun, with tankers crying about getting wrecked. Base sentinels would take care of anybody camping Airfields.

Why? . . .why? must SB not have nice things ?

Whats the point of having helicopters if we don't get to use them

No Havoc . . . . .

giphy.gif

Edited by Twisted
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, I_Am_Legendary said:

It is an option to maybe have separate EC with Planes.

And an EC mode with just planes. 

So people can choose whether they want to be up against Heli's or not. 

ahah that would make the tankers soo happy so I say "no"

6 hours ago, Twisted said:

No Havoc . . . . .

giphy.gif

why :crying:

Edited by AdelWolf
medal

On 23/04/2020 at 02:44, Hussar91 said:

Hello folks, 

look, I know it gets boring coming in these forums to see that most threads are complaints but this one really is justified and you cannot argue that it isn't. Helicopters in SB. 

Right, I've been in a bunch of games tonight and have mainly been playing NATO as I want to go back and get the last few mods for my Challenger 1 MK3, in almost every game now we have faced off against the same 2 KA-52s and MI-28N. In almost every game now those 3 helicopters have decimated our team either in, or very close to spawn. It's so bad that people started J'ing out and just leaving. Does that or does that not tell you that there is an issue? 

Hello,

Yes, that was my squad and me, you're very welcome for that and no, there is absolutely no issue there and I told you that in the direct messages you immediately sent me after the games and I'll tell you once again here, because there are quite a few issues you still don't understand and in my opinion that's hilarious that you're whining here as well.

Now, this would be beyond irritating if this was all free, but really it isn't, people are losing tens of thousands of silver lions and aren't even being given the chance to fight their platforms. Why are helicopters so disgusting? It's ludicrous that people can just bang them on autopilot and then sit back and lazily harvest loads of kills, RP and SL from it all. Clearly they're here to stay, you've introduced them now and people have parted with money for them but there needs to be a counter and the first thing that needs to happen is they need to spawn on a helipad back on the jet airfield. Perhaps after a certain amount of time has passed they could be allowed to spawn at their current forward bases. 

First of all, no, you don't use autopilot nor hover mode to get those stats I have, only Aces do that (and I can tell a Helo Ace 30 seconds after I see them join the battle). 

Neither do we lazily farm kills, it takes skill to get the stats I have and to dodge all the AA/Jets/Helos they throw at me (and you can tell by now that for most of the games there are entire squads with the sole purpose of killing me, like OBM etc.).

People need a chance here and the best way to give it to them is to make it so people taking their helis up first need to spend some time getting to the battlefield which gives the tanks a chance to shake out and therefore make it so heli pilots need to find them in the same way that plane pilots need to find them. Heli pilots will complain that this means that they are at risk from jets. This is true but means that they will have to fly low and use the terrain as cover which is what Attack helicopters do in real life anyway. 

With the Ka50/52 family ingame it wouldn't matter anyway, the second helipad (the farer one) is almost at the airfield (old spawn) and they are at most 8km away, so I can shoot from there as well (even better so because some AA (like the Stormer) really can't engage me there and the Stormer is the most dangerous AA out there currently (I'll get more into detail with the next paragraph).

We Helo Pilots are always at the risk from Jets, doesn't matter where we spawn so that's not a real argument there bud and we always fly low and use the terrain as cover, doesn't matter which spawn we spawn, only Aces (once again) fly at high and get shot down easily, plus real attack helicopters don't fly low when engaging targets without rocket pods. Please go watch actual footage of Iraq/Afghanistan/Syria and how attack helicopters attack their targets with ATGMs (once again, not rocket pods, for that you get up close).

Currently they are silly, they can engage SPAA out further than SPAA can engage them and they are also considerably more efficient than SPAA. It's Ground Sim, people want to play with the tanks that they've spent forever grinding or paying to, they don't just want to drive around in AA vehicles and they certainly don't want to get killed in spawn by helicopters. 

That's a solid no, either you're lying here or you didn't read the patchnotes (and I told you that in the direct messages, why are you still saying that then ?).

The Ka52 missile (Vikhr) can't outrange SPAA's now with some exceptions (like the Stormer at full range) and the not upgraded Roland Missiles and also the Gun SPAAs (but you don't count them anyway because they're not Top Tier), Vikhrs count as AAMs and with the recent patch got a 25-30% Range Reduction at low alt, that means your Vikhrs only hit targets within an 8km Range, so that includes the ADATS, Roland/FlaRa, Otomatic, Lvkv 90C, so any High Tier AA except the Stormer.

So as I've mentioned before it would decimate the AA players even more when their most powerful Stormer (because I and good Helo pilots rely on our RWR) gets taken out. The Stormer is by far the deadliest AA out there right now because you can't see it on the RWR unless it shoots a missile at you (which isn't realistic but whatever) and because the fact that it's super zooming fast you can't dive quick enough (in most cases) to avoid it so you're dead. 

I've told you already that most of the AA players are bad, that's just a simple fact and I'm sorry to tell you that but that's about it. If you spawn in an SACLOS AA you DON'T (and I repeat that DO NOT) drive when like a maniac right away when you spawn, you just simply don't do that for the simple fact that you can't shoot your missile then. Like any good helo pilot you focus on the AA first (obviously because they are your counter) and if the AA drives it needs time to stop, time you don't have when I spot you almost immediately (doesn't matter if I'm further back on the second spawn because I spot you on the RWR regardless).

And now for the most part how to spot a really, like for real, bad AA player .. You use your Radar. To put a solution to this, you DON'T (once again, DO NOT) use your Radar to shoot down Helos. Helos are slow, the Radar immediately shows up on my RWR and I know that there is an enemy AA up (because obviously only AA uses Radar that early). Your optical guidance is good enough and there is no AA in the game that forces you to use Radar to shoot your missiles, so stop using Radar and giving a.) your position away and b.) showing me that you're online. 

Another issue ... STOP PLAYING THE OTOMATIC AND LVKV 90C, you're completely and without ANY doubt useless against Helos, period. If you're outside the Range of 4km it takes too long for the Bullets to reach me and I can easily (and now it's in fact lazily) dodge them by just strafing to the right/left and when he shoots on my (if no corrections made) line of flight I change the direction to the opposite side, if you put me at a even greater distance it's even easier to dodge the Otomatic/LVKV 90C. 

But now, for the real deal and I told you that in the direct messages as well (and that's the biggest issue of them all) ... "they don't just want to drive around in AA vehicles" ... THAT and ONLY THAT is the real issue here !

I've checked all the replays of 22th April to 23th April when you played War Thunder against my Sim Squad. In 5 battles that you've played against me, guess how many AA players did you have ? 

First game, Otomatic, completely useless against Helos.

Second game, no AA at all

Third game, no AA at all

Fourth Game, no AA at all

Fifth Game, one ADATS. 

So in all, in 20% of your games you've had some real AA (I've mentioned above that the Otomatic is entirely useless against a good Helo Pilot). In the fifth game (check it in the Server replays, 23th April 00:14 (for me) Battle - Poland) your AA immediately starts driving when spawning and once he's spotted wide out in the open it's too late because he spots us but he's dead due to his Speed and not being able to shoot missiles (twice for that matter). 

How come you complain about things when in 80% of your games you literally have no counter to Helos ? Is it because people as you've mentioned are too selfish and simply don't want to play AA ? I always thought War Thunder is a team based game where you should communicate with each other ? How come I played 12 games as NATO during those days and won 11 of them (91% Winrate) with me playing the ADATS and F4E ? Is it because I'm a teamplayer, good AA player and I don't immediately jump into the tank of my choice and wait for the players to spawn in and then decide what to pick ? You can often see me at the start of the game (on NATO side) waiting 20-40 seconds to spawn in because I wait, I wait and see what my team is using what kind of vehicles, if we have enough AA players I spawn in my tank, if we don't have a single AA unit I spawn in an ADATS, that's not a huge deal for me. Why is it so hard for NATO players to do that ? I know plenty of Russian players that do the same and yet you complain about that, hilarious.

Check the Server replay of me 22th April 19:44 Battle Kursk and you see exactly what I'm talking about.

Helos are made with the sole purpose of destroying enemy vehicles (also told you that) and yet in 80% of your games your team simply refused to counter them with the most vital (I told ... Guess I'm getting tired of telling you this once again) role in the entire game, it always has been the case if you don't have the air superiority you're dead in a tank, happened to Germany in WW2 to low attack Thunderbolts/Tempests etc. and it happens with modern tanks as well. 

Why do NATO teams not understand simple Tactical stuff or better yet, why don't they listen to what History tells them and simply refuse to acknowledge that fact ?

So to conclude, team too selfish to play AA and gets destroyed by things that are meant to destroy them, yet people complain.

For my part, I largely stopped giving you money ages ago, I renew my premium here and there but don't spend loads of money converting RP like I used to because as nice as many of your new offerings are and as much as I'd like to play with them, I cannot for the life of me see the value in parting with real life money for the experience you currently offer. I must say I am confident that I am far from the only one. 

Please consider what I have said and fix the issue. 

P.S. After checking their most prominent pilot's player card after the match I recently finished, I noticed he scores on average just over 3x as many kills with his AH-1Z and KA-52 than he does with either of his Abrams which are his highest scoring tanks for SB. Speaks volumes. 

Ah yes, my stats ... Most people will tell you that stats are useless (which I don't say, I think stats are important). 

You can tell that it's me, I'm proud of being a great Helo pilot because unlike people think it takes actual skill flying helos (and I believe I fly them to perfection) ... The Average WR for the Ka52 is currently at 58% WR (of all the Sim Pilots combined), I have in exactly 570 Battles a Winrate of 94%, so I'm well above average, now, why do I have such stats ? Simple, check my last paragraph.

It's not because Helos are broken, it's simply due to the fact that people are bad AA players (and I can check all of the replays from the last 3 Sim Events to prove this point to you if you want to), got no game knowledge at all about being a good AA player and simply by the fact that (tooooooooooooold you) at least 80% of the teams refuse to play AA entirely. 

So please, take my advice to heart and read this once again very carefully and maybe you'll understand why I have a 91% WR on my ADATS for 12 games with my team last Sim Event and I can prove that fact to every single player that says Helos are broken. 

Phew, that was kinda hard to explain and I think (but I hope not ;) ) some players will take my tips to heart and make it more difficult for me to carry games now. 

EDIT: Apparently some words here are restricted and got changed to "Ace", I'm sure you figure out the newbie word. 

Edited by IKG51_Lennox
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, IKG51_Lennox said:

Hello,

Yes, that was my squad and me, you're very welcome for that and no, there is absolutely no issue there and I told you that in the direct messages you immediately sent me after the games and I'll tell you once again here, because there are quite a few issues you still don't understand and in my opinion that's hilarious that you're whining here as well.

First of all, no, you don't use autopilot nor hover mode to get those stats I have, only Aces do that (and I can tell a Helo Ace 30 seconds after I see them join the battle). 

Neither do we lazily farm kills, it takes skill to get the stats I have and to dodge all the AA/Jets/Helos they throw at me (and you can tell by now that for most of the games there are entire squads with the sole purpose of killing me, like OBM etc.).

With the Ka50/52 family ingame it wouldn't matter anyway, the second helipad (the farer one) is almost at the airfield (old spawn) and they are at most 8km away, so I can shoot from there as well (even better so because some AA (like the Stormer) really can't engage me there and the Stormer is the most dangerous AA out there currently (I'll get more into detail with the next paragraph).

We Helo Pilots are always at the risk from Jets, doesn't matter where we spawn so that's not a real argument there bud and we always fly low and use the terrain as cover, doesn't matter which spawn we spawn, only Aces (once again) fly at high and get shot down easily, plus real attack helicopters don't fly low when engaging targets without rocket pods. Please go watch actual footage of Iraq/Afghanistan/Syria and how attack helicopters attack their targets with ATGMs (once again, not rocket pods, for that you get up close).

That's a solid no, either you're lying here or you didn't read the patchnotes (and I told you that in the direct messages, why are you still saying that then ?).

The Ka52 missile (Vikhr) can't outrange SPAA's now with some exceptions (like the Stormer at full range) and the not upgraded Roland Missiles and also the Gun SPAAs (but you don't count them anyway because they're not Top Tier), Vikhrs count as AAMs and with the recent patch got a 25-30% Range Reduction at low alt, that means your Vikhrs only hit targets within an 8km Range, so that includes the ADATS, Roland/FlaRa, Otomatic, Lvkv 90C, so any High Tier AA except the Stormer.

So as I've mentioned before it would decimate the AA players even more when their most powerful Stormer (because I and good Helo pilots rely on our RWR) gets taken out. The Stormer is by far the deadliest AA out there right now because you can't see it on the RWR unless it shoots a missile at you (which isn't realistic but whatever) and because the fact that it's super zooming fast you can't dive quick enough (in most cases) to avoid it so you're dead. 

I've told you already that most of the AA players are bad, that's just a simple fact and I'm sorry to tell you that but that's about it. If you spawn in an SACLOS AA you DON'T (and I repeat that DO NOT) drive when like a maniac right away when you spawn, you just simply don't do that for the simple fact that you can't shoot your missile then. Like any good helo pilot you focus on the AA first (obviously because they are your counter) and if the AA drives it needs time to stop, time you don't have when I spot you almost immediately (doesn't matter if I'm further back on the second spawn because I spot you on the RWR regardless).

And now for the most part how to spot a really, like for real, bad AA player .. You use your Radar. To put a solution to this, you DON'T (once again, DO NOT) use your Radar to shoot down Helos. Helos are slow, the Radar immediately shows up on my RWR and I know that there is an enemy AA up (because obviously only AA uses Radar that early). Your optical guidance is good enough and there is no AA in the game that forces you to use Radar to shoot your missiles, so stop using Radar and giving a.) your position away and b.) showing me that you're online. 

Another issue ... STOP PLAYING THE OTOMATIC AND LVKV 90C, you're completely and without ANY doubt useless against Helos, period. If you're outside the Range of 4km it takes too long for the Bullets to reach me and I can easily (and now it's in fact lazily) dodge them by just strafing to the right/left and when he shoots on my (if no corrections made) line of flight I change the direction to the opposite side, if you put me at a even greater distance it's even easier to dodge the Otomatic/LVKV 90C. 

But now, for the real deal and I told you that in the direct messages as well (and that's the biggest issue of them all) ... "they don't just want to drive around in AA vehicles" ... THAT and ONLY THAT is the real issue here !

I've checked all the replays of 22th April to 23th April when you played War Thunder against my Sim Squad. In 5 battles that you've played against me, guess how many AA players did you have ? 

Third game, no AA at all

Fifth Game, one ADATS. 

So in all, in 20% of your games you've had some real AA (I've mentioned above that the Otomatic is entirely useless against a good Helo Pilot). In the fifth game (check it in the Server replays, 23th April 00:14 (for me) Battle - Poland) your AA immediately starts driving when spawning and once he's spotted wide out in the open it's too late because he spots us but he's dead due to his Speed and not being able to shoot missiles (twice for that matter). 

How come you complain about things when in 80% of your games you literally have no counter to Helos ? Is it because people as you've mentioned are too selfish and simply don't want to play AA ? I always thought War Thunder is a team based game where you should communicate with each other ? How come I played 12 games as NATO during those days and won 11 of them (91% Winrate) with me playing the ADATS and F4E ? Is it because I'm a teamplayer, good AA player and I don't immediately jump into the tank of my choice and wait for the players to spawn in and then decide what to pick ? You can often see me at the start of the game (on NATO side) waiting 20-40 seconds to spawn in because I wait, I wait and see what my team is using what kind of vehicles, if we have enough AA players I spawn in my tank, if we don't have a single AA unit I spawn in an ADATS, that's not a huge deal for me. Why is it so hard for NATO players to do that ? I know plenty of Russian players that do the same and yet you complain about that, hilarious.

Check the Server replay of me 22th April 19:44 Battle Kursk and you see exactly what I'm talking about.

Helos are made with the sole purpose of destroying enemy vehicles (also told you that) and yet in 80% of your games your team simply refused to counter them with the most vital (I told ... Guess I'm getting tired of telling you this once again) role in the entire game, it always has been the case if you don't have the air superiority you're dead in a tank, happened to Germany in WW2 to low attack Thunderbolts/Tempests etc. and it happens with modern tanks as well. 

Why do NATO teams not understand simple Tactical stuff or better yet, why don't they listen to what History tells them and simply refuse to acknowledge that fact ?

So to conclude, team too selfish to play AA and gets destroyed by things that are meant to destroy them, yet people complain.

Ah yes, my stats ... Most people will tell you that stats are useless (which I don't say, I think stats are important). 

You can tell that it's me, I'm proud of being a great Helo pilot because unlike people think it takes actual skill flying helos (and I believe I fly them to perfection) ... The Average WR for the Ka52 is currently at 58% WR (of all the Sim Pilots combined), I have in exactly 570 Battles a Winrate of 94%, so I'm well above average, now, why do I have such stats ? Simple, check my last paragraph.

It's not because Helos are broken, it's simply due to the fact that people are bad AA players (and I can check all of the replays from the last 3 Sim Events to prove this point to you if you want to), got no game knowledge at all about being a good AA player and simply by the fact that (tooooooooooooold you) at least 80% of the teams refuse to play AA entirely. 

So please, take my advice to heart and read this once again very carefully and maybe you'll understand why I have a 91% WR on my ADATS for 12 games with my team last Sim Event and I can prove that fact to every single player that says Helos are broken. 

Phew, that was kinda hard to explain and I think (but I hope not ;) ) some players will take my tips to heart and make it more difficult for me to carry games now. 

EDIT: Apparently some words here are restricted and got changed to "Ace", I'm sure you figure out the newbie word. 

Ah mate, I sent this before we spoke and after speaking I actually thought you seemed quite reasonable. Frankly you come across as a bit of an "ACE", as you say, on here. Don't need lectures on how helicopters are utilised in the real world pal, I've worked in conjunction with them for real. How can people just choose AA when they can't see what other people have taken out? So we all just go AA? So when you finally die, you spawn in a tank and kill the entire team on the ground? Put down the blunt pal, you're high as a kite. IAs for jets, I took a jet out and still you had killed 4 people in and around spawn before I was anywhere near the battlefield. On his 2nd life the ADATS killed you which was a shame for me as I had been looking forward to sending you into the ground. The fact is that you are able to start engaging tanks far too quickly. If you can engage them just as easy from the jet spawn then the answer is to nerf the helicopter. It is ridiculous and really you know it is too. 

55 minutes ago, Hussar91 said:

Ah mate, I sent this before we spoke and after speaking I actually thought you seemed quite reasonable. Frankly you come across as a bit of an "ACE", as you say, on here

Alright let's analyze, shall we ?

First, the auto correction corrected the more blunt word for newbie into Ace, I believe you got that.

Don't need lectures on how helicopters are utilised in the real world pal, I've worked in conjunction with them for real

Ah yes, that's why you said helicopters stay low, gotcha pal, totally gotcha ... You also got the fact that I in fact use real Hellfire tactics from earlier models with prefiring behind terrain and only get up behind cover for the last homing ? I betcha you did ! So how come you don't say that ? Too lazy to look at Replays of me flying the Ka-52 and seeing actual tactics being used ?

How can people just choose AA when they can't see what other people have taken out?

Perfect question, so you basically don't know how the game works, gotcha again ... When the game starts and you're in the Menu to choose your vehicle you go to your bottom left, press Statistics and then the Scoreboard opens, most of the time you see the parachute symbol (depending on how fast your internet/computer is etc. etc.) and then you WAIT ... You WAIT until people choose their vehicle and THEN you decide what to pick, I LITERALLY explained you that, how can you be so dense and still not understand it ? Once again, great game knowledge there, that's like really basic and simple stuff. 

EDIT: To make it more obvious I'll even add pictures for you, so please come again with "How can people choose AA when they can't see what other people have taken out?" ... I'm absolutely not sorry if I sound cocky or arrogant when a Level 100 Player with over 11k Battles in General doesn't know that. 

So we all just go AA?

No, that's literally what I tried to explain you multiple times now, you can check what vehicles people are driving, hell if I see some bad AA player on the NATO Side and I know (because you can see player names as well then, I know kinda like a magical thing I'm telling you right now) there is a great Russian Helo Pilot I'll pick the ADATS regardless, because I know the NATO AA player will get dunked on.

So when you finally die, you spawn in a tank and kill the entire team on the ground?

Nope, once again, explained it how to avoid that. 

IAs for jets, I took a jet out and still you had killed 4 people in and around spawn before I was anywhere near the battlefield

Yes, because jets are too slow, that's why my reply was only about AA, you see why I didn't say a thing about your replays (or the games you've played against me) and your planes ? Because planes don't matter, simple as that. 

In all of the games you've played against me you had at least one plane up, doesn't matter because you're too slow, if you spot an enemy helo (despite the fact that your whole AWACS failed by then) you have to scramble jets first, so in that case it's realistic.

It is ridiculous and really you know it is

So how come I had a 91% WR on NATO side ? How is it ridiculous then ? I mean, every game I've played as NATO (please for the love of god use the Server replays already) they had at least 1 if not 2 Ka-52 up ? Why didn't I get dunked on by them ?

Why is the average winrate of the Ka-52 only at 58% ? Why don't you reply back on the fact that in 80% of your games your team simply refused to play AA ? Could you please reply to those questions or are you just gonna continue to ignore them ? 

Spoiler

Screenshot (261).png

Spoiler

Screenshot (262).png

Edited by IKG51_Lennox

14 minutes ago, IKG51_Lennox said:

Ah yes, that's why you said helicopters stay low, gotcha pal, totally gotcha ... You also got the fact that I in fact use real Hellfire tactics from earlier models with prefiring behind terrain and only get up behind cover for the last homing ? I betcha you did ! So how come you don't say that ? Too lazy to look at Replays of me flying the Ka-52 and seeing actual tactics being used ?

If you read the post I mention multiple helicopters, I know you've come in here with the attitude that the world revolves around just you but I've got sad news for you fella. It doesn't. One of the helicopters simply climbed up, up and away and then put auto hover on and started firing missiles of along with you. I can't remember their name but the replay would show who it is. 

18 minutes ago, IKG51_Lennox said:

Perfect answer, so you basically don't know how the game works, gotcha again ... When the game starts and you're in the Menu to choose your vehicle you go to your bottom left, press Statistics and then the Scoreboard opens, most of the time you see the parachute symbol (depending on how fast your internet/computer is etc. etc.) and then you WAIT ... You WAIT until people choose their vehicle and THEN you decide what to pick, I LITERALLY explained you that, how can you be so dense and still not understand it ? Once again, great game knowledge there, that's like really basic and simple stuff. 

Fair enough, I actually didn't know you could do this so no, I didn't know how that part of the game works. It doesn't really matter for me, I don't have any good AA, I've got the M42 Duster, the Falcon and my only good AA is the ZSU-23-4. I can't remember exactly what you explained to me because, as everyone else on here can see for themselves, you have a habit of talking too much. 

21 minutes ago, IKG51_Lennox said:

Yes, because jets are too slow, that's why my reply was only about AA, you see why I didn't say a thing about your replays (or the games you've played against me) and your planes ? Because planes don't matter, simple as that. 

In all of the games you've played against me you had at least one plane up, doesn't matter because you're too slow, which is kinda realistic by the way, if you spot an enemy helo (despite the fact that your whole AWACS failed by then) you have to scramble jets first, so in that case it's realistic.

Ok so I don't have decent AA but I have got jets....but as you rightly point out, they can't get to the battlefield in time, allowing you total freedom to destroy an entire team in and around their spawn. And actually your claim that we didn't have AA for 80% of our games is pure nonsense. We had AA, they were easily outmatched immediately and you then set about the rest of us who can't even lase you properly at those distances despite the fact that tanks lasers are perfectly capable out to 10km and on some platforms, even further but even if we could you can just dodge them because you can watch something moving at many times quicker than the speed of sound. I'm a tank crewman. Engaging targets multiple kilometres away we can see the trace at the rear but that trace burns out and then the next thing you see is the impact. As a helicopter you would not be able to watch those rounds in and actually a near miss would damage your helicopter too due to the immense pressure wave that is created.

30 minutes ago, IKG51_Lennox said:

So how come I had a 91% WR on NATO side ? How is it ridiculous then ? I mean, every game I've played as NATO (please for the love of god use the Server replays already) they had at least 1 if not 2 Ka-52 up ? Why didn't I get dunked on by them ?

Why is the average winrate of the Ka-52 only at 58% ? Why don't you reply back on the fact that in 80% of your games your team simply refused to play AA ? Could you please reply to those questions or are you just gonna continue to ignore them ? 

Presumably because you did exactly the same as what you did when you playing as the USSR. If you've got a decent AA or a jet and have used that then great. Perhaps you got lucky with your teams, Lennox I don't know and nor do I pretend to have all the answers. What I do know from my own experience is how broken the implementation of attack helicopters is in this game and that's particularly bad in Ground SB hence I came here and made my point (which the majority clearly agree with) and then talked to you to actually thank you for demonstrating just how bad it can be because now we've got the video evidence. 

Disgusting. It was disgusting. Spawnkilled in some games twice by helis and all the while your ground forces mainly drove to the spawn too. When I played with you on the Soviets later that night I observed you and I observed what the team was doing. Initially on Eastern Europe and then on that Desert map that I can't remember the name of with the castles and dunes one side. You and the helicopters made that event so poisonous, people routinely left before spawning at all because they recognized the same players and you even laughed about it in team chat like an ACE-hole. 

Frankly I'm done with debating with you fella, I've said my piece at the start and put it to the forum, now the rest of the forum can say what they think. I have no interest in wasting my time going back and forth with you like a boring game of tennis as you try to justify the way things are to me with a level of smugness/ sarcasm that you simply wouldn't get away with in a face to face conversation. 

11 minutes ago, Hussar91 said:

One of the helicopters simply climbed up, up and away and then put auto hover on and started firing missiles of along with you. I can't remember their name but the replay would show who it is.

I've found the replay and guess what ? This guy was in his ever first Ka-52 game and he literally started on the back base (because the default helo base is the back one, you have to manually choose the forward base to spawn there and it's Replay, 23th April 2020 - 00:04 - Domination Fields of Poland) ... Why do I know that it's his first game ? He told us so because you killed a friendly helicopter ... So this just further proves my point that removing the bases would do literally next to nothing.

13 minutes ago, Hussar91 said:

Fair enough, I actually didn't know you could do this so no, I didn't know how that part of the game works. It doesn't really matter for me, I don't have any good AA, I've got the M42 Duster, the Falcon and my only good AA is the ZSU-23-4. I can't remember exactly what you explained to me because, as everyone else on here can see for themselves, you have a habit of talking too much

No, I explain my statements in detail so everyone can understand them, I could also say I'm using game knowledge about how to know what vehicles people are driving without choosing my own one, would that help anyone ? No, so there is no point of saying "talking too much". 

Aha ! There we have it, so you don't have any good AA, so you have to rely on your teammates on doing the AA job, what about them being selfish and they literally do the same thing ? That's how you lose battles, because people simply refuse to either grind for AA or just say "someone else will do it", no, they often will not and that's how you lost the majority of your games and there is only one to blame here, not Gaijin, not helos, not even god ... It's the community and you can deny that point as often as you want, it won't change the fact that it is.

17 minutes ago, Hussar91 said:

Ok so I don't have decent AA but I have got jets....but as you rightly point out, they can't get to the battlefield in time, allowing you total freedom to destroy an entire team in and around their spawn. And actually your claim that we didn't have AA for 80% of our games is pure nonsense

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude ... I've checked the replays, so far only one person watched the replays (you can see that as well) and that was me ... And I can tell you for a FACT that you didn't use AA ... Holy jebus, really ? Saying you didn't have AA when I literally checked the replays ? I also posted time stamps when the battles happened and you still argue against that ? That's bold dude, I like it, I give you that, but not very smart.

21 minutes ago, Hussar91 said:

then set about the rest of us who can't even lase you properly at those distances despite the fact that tanks lasers are perfectly capable out to 10km and on some platforms, even further but even if we could you can just dodge them because you can watch something moving at many times quicker than the speed of sound. I'm a tank crewman. Engaging targets multiple kilometres away we can see the trace at the rear but that trace burns out and then the next thing you see is the impact. As a helicopter you would not be able to watch those rounds in and actually a near miss would damage your helicopter too due to the immense pressure wave that is created.

I get that and that's a nice try but I can honestly say that it's useless, most helo pilots strafe to the right/left/up and down naturally if you're not using hovering, if the target is beyond 4km (same for the Otomatic/LVKV90C from my experience) it's nearly impossible to hit if you even move only a couple of inches.

23 minutes ago, Hussar91 said:

Perhaps you got lucky with your teams, Lennox I don't know and nor do I pretend to have all the answers

I have a deal with a guy that I squad, we play NATO until we lose a game and then I switch back to Russia (because I'm tired of the queue times, when you've played NATO High Tier Sim queues of 7-10 Minutes are the norm) ... So you mean we had luck 11 games in a row and lost it at the 12th ? Sure could be, but not very plausible. 

25 minutes ago, Hussar91 said:

What I do know from my own experience is how broken the implementation of attack helicopters is in this game

Yes, experience biased with 80% no AA, I mean, I get that, if you want I can play NATO with you next Sim Event and I can almost guarantee you that you'll not get killed by a Helo a single time, if you want me to prove my points even further and maybe, maybe you'll change your opinion then.

27 minutes ago, Hussar91 said:

which the majority clearly agree

So far only one person agreed with you or am I missing something ? 

27 minutes ago, Hussar91 said:

demonstrating just how bad it can be because now we've got the video evidence

Uhm ... No one needs to record a single thing, you can always search me up on the WT Server Replay site and literally watch my games and what I'm doing, I've teached a lot of guys flying the Viper back when it was introduced by Server Replay, showing them how to avoid that and that etc.

29 minutes ago, Hussar91 said:

You and the helicopters made that event so poisonous, people routinely left before spawning at all because they recognized the same players and you even laughed about it in team chat like an ACE-hole

Aha ! How could people leave when according to you it wasn't possible back then (thankfully now you know better) to see that it was me in the helo ? In Sim you always have to check the playerlist first, if you don't do that I can guarantee you that you'll have a bad time and I know exactly who you mean with, the NIGEL bois left and that is only to the reason that their AA player is bad and they are too proud to admit that. Once again, I invite you to squad with me and you'll not be hurt by helos. 

So far I only know 4 person (3 of them from a said squadron) and one that is a pure statlover that instantly leave the games when they see me.

32 minutes ago, Hussar91 said:

Disgusting. It was disgusting

Absolutely, I agree with you, it's absolutely disgusting when people don't play AA, that's all I'm saying.

34 minutes ago, Hussar91 said:

level of smugness/ sarcasm that you simply wouldn't get away with in a face to face conversation

You know, I'm cocky to people that try to justify their "opinions" with biased statements, completely ignoring facts, even by now after checking replays still say you had AA up, not knowing the most simple game mechanics and yet complain ... The problem with that is, you're not the only one that has that opinion ... I've had a "conversation" with some nice guy that claimed Helos are OP when in fact his only High Tier Vehicle was an AMX 30 DCA, do you think it's a smart thing to do driving an 8.0 vehicle in a fixed 10.3 Lineup ? Against Helos that outrange you by almost 3 times ? That's the problem, you guys all have such huge biased opinions, I'm fine with driving NATO, in fact I start with NATO the Sim event and when I lose my first game I switch to Russia, that's a deal with a guy I play with. 

Another thing people often complain about Helos, while not having a single AA unlocked, how come that is smart ? Relying on other people ? You NEVER rely on other people, you communicate with them, but there is a huge difference between relying on someone in a team based game and communicating with. 

How come I'm absolutely fine (and all the guys I know and play with) playing NATO ? I play with some of the highest ranked players in War Thunder Sim and yet the only people complain are mediocre players, I wonder why that is ... I'm sure you know where I'm going with this.

Also, I'm pretty, pretty sure I would get away with this in a face to face conversation, you can trust me on that as well as on the no helo will hurt you offering :^)

7 hours ago, IKG51_Lennox said:

Hello,

Third game, no AA at all

Fifth Game, one ADATS. 

So there's only one or two vehicles that have a chance to frag you, but they have to be exceptional players. 

Nope, that doesn't sound OP at all. /sarcasm :lol:

medal

2 minutes ago, DeucesWiId said:

So there's only one or two vehicles that have a chance to frag you, but they have to be exceptional players. 

Nope, that doesn't sound OP at all. /sarcasm :lol:

You really didn't get it do you ? 

First of all, no, there are 3 (ADATS, Roland/FlaRa) and I'm speaking from MY experience, as I've mentioned multiple times now the average winratio of the Ka-52 in Simulator battles is currently at 58% ... You can even check Adelwolf's stats (he was one of the guys replying here), he got a 47% WR in 40 Games with an KDA of 1.97 

I on the other hand have a Winratio of 94% in 570 Games, with an KDA of 7.76 ... Now, who do you think when I say you need an exceptional player to shoot down the Ka-52 ? Adelwolf or me ? Or the general Ka-52 player with a 58% Winratio ?

Nice try, but not good enough. 

8 minutes ago, IKG51_Lennox said:

You really didn't get it do you ? 

First of all, no, there are 3 (ADATS, Roland/FlaRa) and I'm speaking from MY experience, as I've mentioned multiple times now the average winratio of the Ka-52 in Simulator battles is currently at 58% ... You can even check Adelwolf's stats (he was one of the guys replying here), he got a 47% WR in 40 Games with an KDA of 1.97 

I on the other hand have a Winratio of 94% in 570 Games, with an KDA of 7.76 ... Now, who do you think when I say you need an exceptional player to shoot down the Ka-52 ? Adelwolf or me ? Or the general Ka-52 player with a 58% Winratio ?

Nice try, but not good enough. 

Oh I was way off, there's a whole 3 vehicles that can counter you...

You're doing a really poor job of arguing that they're balanced. Even so,  have fun with them while you can. 

medal

Just now, DeucesWiId said:

You're doing a really poor job of arguing that they're balanced. Even so,  have fun with them while you can. 

That they're balanced ? Of course nothing is balanced against exceptional players, how come if the Ka-52 is so OP the average Winratio of the Ka-52 is not skyrocketing ? Why is it at 58% ? I can even look up the AH64D stats and I'm pretty sure they are almost the same ... You guys really crack me up. 

40 minutes ago, DeucesWiId said:

dont forget how hard to get ka52 and master it,OK? In sim battle, player who paly well in NATO, can only play good  on 80U. ussr side is hard to win,tooooooooooo many trash on USSR side, each round i have to kill at least 4  to win ,or we will lost.

• Upvote 1