Map Filter Suggestions & Feedback

4 minutes ago, *RAazzy91 said:

I know it's just an example in the OP but who dislikes Jungle?

Should ban them from the game tbh

In the mighty jungle, the mighty jungle... 

Oh never mind, not that jungle, but yeah I like jungle on low tier vehicles.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, *RAazzy91 said:

I know it's just an example in the OP but who dislikes Jungle?

Should ban them from the game tbh

i do,

gets reduced though because it was also the first map that i played my Tiger 1 on,

but i really wish we had a really good big Pacific Island map (with jungle)

Edited by Hardmoor
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 minutes ago, Manaherz said:

This seems to be the Good (first) Feature that the Community love and War Thunder badly needs: More Development WITH the Community, way more say right etc. IF its true that you (Gaijin) will listen to the Feedback and rework/remove/rebuild the Maps we hate. We have been screaming this for years: Top Tier needs bigger maps (Even Kursk with 1,8km Range to Snipe is too small)

This could be the best feature for 1.91 and the last years <3

Some people, like me, hate big maps, no matter the tier, or anything, no big maps please.

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Livewyr7 said:

Definitely approve!

Increased queue times will definitely be a thing, but I'm willing to endure a bit more time as opposed to trying to play a hellcat on Kursk or a helicopter on Mozdok.

Most probably will be, however as you said I think a few extra seconds or a minute will be acceptable if you have removed your most disliked maps. We'll have to see how it pans out when 1.91 is released.

1 hour ago, Godfather_Actual said:

Thank you

:salute:

1 hour ago, Killerbee60 said:

its a nice feature gaijin now i dont need to quit on sight if i end up on vietnam 

That's probably one reason amongst many as to why it was added :) 

34 minutes ago, Conte_Baracca said:

This is great.  What a massive positive step.  As a Premium Player I am very glad to see me getting something more for my Premium time.

Yep, adds a neat little feature for players supporting the game with a premium account. 

• Thanks 1

Good idea - I suggested paying a feew GE to remove maps from the queue, b ut this works to encourage premium membership, so moving Gaijin's income stream away from premium vehicles - which is a good thing IMO!

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

This is indeed in the right direction but.

I have some worries about the resulting statistics from these changes.

Because:

Only one banable map, atleast in my eyes is too little for many different lineups.

Three dislikes for, what, 50ish maps are far too little

You can't "upvote" a good design.

The problem is, you might get results from these changes, but one simply can't eliminate or dislike all the maps for a specific playstyle and lineup.

If I want to play jumbo f.e. I'm not gonna bother with a map like Kursk. There is waaaay to much long range engagements where the jumbo won't be effective at and will be easily taken out by many many many tanks at the ranges it can't effectively shoot/penetrate back.

But when I'm f.e. sitting in a vfw, dicker max, flakbus, nashorn, Ferdinand I want to have long range engagements, that's where those tanks shine.

If these factors don't get considered the devs will end up with a big chunk of messy data which can get interpreted in all different kinds of directions.

The up voting feature also would help to sort out really enjoyable maps. Maybe even some maps across many tiers.

How ever you simply won't be able to attain usable data if the players battlearting isn't taken into consideration.

F.e. I love jungle from br 1.0-5.7ish. after that It gets to small for the higher tier tanks which are built for long range fights.

But I also don't enjoy 5.7 America or ussr on longer ranges maps, bc they simply don't have the optics or guns to effectively pen well armored foes.

I am very curious as to how that data would/will get processed by gajins devs.

Edited by KoocieKoo
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Gaijin implementing something the players have been asking for years? What's the catch?

No, seriously. What's the catch? Sounds too good to be true. Even if it's limited to premium accounts, which is a good way to give just a little more value to it. I just hope they can eventually ban certain modes altogether, like Air Domination or Conquest matches, or at least allow more maps to be banned at a single time. For example, banning "[Air Battle] France" in air RB would be a great thing, but there's about three other nearly identical Air Battle maps on rotation.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

No response to any of the queries about SB. No surprise. 

Actually if this were implemented for SB I could envision it backfiring badly on SB players as a lot of RB players trying SB for the first time seem to hate bigger maps like Kursk and Volokolamsk. 

Would be nice if some of the maps restricted to the Cold War sim lineups were made available again to the 2nd World War lineups. Like they used to be. Before they were taken away without any warning, acknowledgement or discussion. 

Hurtgen forest. 

El Alamein 

Mozdok

You can deep six xxxx like Italy, American Desert and Alaska. 

I used to dislike Abandoned Factory. But it’s actually good compared to the three mentioned above.

medal

5 hours ago, Stona said:

Guys, please focus on the topic.

Since we are supposed to focus on the topic first of all i would like to thank you for this long awaited feature ! I would also like to say that i strongly disagree with the reason you are giving to explain why the '' exclude '' option is locked behind a paywall .

The  reason you are giving us  for this decision is that if all players had this feature it would make queu times longer because matchmaking system would try hard to find a map for alot of players who might often have very different preferences . An easy solution to this would be to not base the map selection on players but base the player selection on maps , in other words make a classic map rotation and only pick players who have enabled said map in their selection if that makes sense ,this way you make it reasonably  easier/faster for the matchmaker to do it's work . Players who have this feature enabled will be aware of the longer queu times and will not  complain  ( there are plenty of players who will gladly sacrifice queu timing for a guaranteed enjoyable gaming experience , myself included )  and those who would like to have faster queu times but still have some controll on the maps they like to play  can always only use the '' dislike '' option . This way everyone is happy ! 

This is definitely a big step in the right direction and having those options will definitely hugely improve our gaming experience . This being said it's just a shame to lock some of those options  behind a paywall , i do understand that Gaijin is before everything  else a business ( and im sure majority of the community does aswell ) but in my honest opinion i do believe that a feature ( or part of a feature ) with such a big impact on gaming experience shouldn't be locked behind a paywall !  

Best Regards . 

Edited by Raldi92
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Eh, I like this? kinda? Seems like a bad way to get around BAD MAP DESIGN. 

I much would have rather a map voting system, like when we are all qued up in a server have like 3 maps and 3 gamemodes available for us to cast our votes into. Most popular map/gamemode wins. That way it feels interactive and like you have a choice in the matter. 

medal medal medal medal

Though I have a premium account and will continue to do so for a long, long time, I'll probably won't use this feature that often, if at all.

I really hope the players will give new maps some time to evaluate a new environment properly before they decide to dislike or "ban" them - and not just behave like children. Each map is uncomfortable at first but if you play them long enough and try out new tactics and places, all of the maps can work.

Edited by michiyl
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Drusas said:

No response to any of the queries about SB. No surprise. 

Actually if this were implemented for SB I could envision it backfiring badly on SB players as a lot of RB players trying SB for the first time seem to hate bigger maps like Kursk and Volokolamsk. 

Would be nice if some of the maps restricted to the Cold War sim lineups were made available again to the 2nd World War lineups. Like they used to be. Before they were taken away without any warning, acknowledgement or discussion. 

Hurtgen forest. 

El Alamein 

Mozdok

You can deep six xxxx like Italy, American Desert and Alaska. 

I used to dislike Abandoned Factory. But it’s actually good compared to the three mentioned above.

It's amazing how different tastes we have, I love abandoned factory and I have no issue at all with Alaska or American Desert, both of them considered funny and perfectly fine maps, my issues are specially with Vietnam, Volokolamsk (as with any huge map) and Poland but just the huge version, the compact one is one of my favorites.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

• magazine2 changed the title to Map Filter Suggestions & Feedback