Map Filter Suggestions & Feedback

A very welcome change! Kinda sad that I only get to exclude a single map, since there are way too many tiny maps in the rotation for MBTs, but at least it's an improvement and I can understand the reasoning for matchmaking.

Maybe it can also spark some remakes for the most disliked / excluded maps since Gaijin now gets proper numbers to see which of their maps are hated and which aren't.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well I'm happy... Finally I'll never have to play on Kursk or Volkolamsk again.... but only for 300 more days.

But, could I take my 10.0 lineup to Abandoned Factory or Kuban?

Does adding this map rotation filter mean that all maps are unlocked for all BR/Tiers now?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, CrossEyedN00b said:

Wow I haven't thought you'd actually do this :) nice!

As a premium member is there any limit to number of banned maps?

Yes. You can ban 1 and dislike 3.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Will something similar be added in the future for weather conditions so we can see more/less frequent rain, sun, haze, overcast, fog, night, sunste/rise, etc.?

This will be especially helpful so that you wont get a night map if your playing online and its daytime making your computer screen barely visible.

medal medal

I think a 'Like' feature would also be nice. It doesn't necessarily have to do anything (matchmaking-wise) other than providing data for the developers. This way it is possible to see which maps are preferred by players at certain BRs in addition to 'Disliked' maps.

This can provide level designers with insight on which maps got things right, and aid in future development.

Other than that, this is a really strong feature for both the community and the developers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 12

A much needed feature.

Question: will i be able to have different sets of dislike/banned maps depending of my vehicle preset? That way, not only i don´t have to fiddle with the map list each time i switch from WW2 tanks to modern ones but the people at Gaijin can get accurate data on what maps work on certain BR and which ones don´t

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal

I'm very excited about this feature! Finally get some say in what maps I play on! I think some players will be surprised though at what maps they find other players actually want to play on. Everyone on War Thunder seems to believe that their personal opinion on what maps are bad and what maps are good is an opinion universally held among the community.

People now think that because of this update they will never see the maps that they specifically hate because clearly everyone else hates them too and will dislike/ban them. it's gonna be funny watching players flip out in chat for not disliking "the worst map in the game".

medal medal medal

1 minute ago, LordMustang said:

I think a 'Like' feature would also be nice. It doesn't necessarily have to do anything (matchmaking-wise) other than providing data for the developers. This way it is possible to see which maps are preferred by players at certain BRs in addition to 'Disliked' maps.

This can provide level designers with insight on which maps got things right, and aid in future development.

Other than that, this is a really strong feature for both the community and the developers.

I agree, adding a "like" feature would be nice.... Instead of just getting nothing but Euro Province, Poland, and Vietnam I could instead "like" up to 2 or 3 maps, ban Kursk, and then dislike up to 3 maps that I'd rather not play on. Then I can for example, see more maps like Sinai, Middle East, and Fulda more than the 3 mentioned above.

I'd second the idea for a like feature.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

20 minutes ago, Stona said:

You know the drill. Jump into suggestion section (or wait till we implement map filter to the game and then jump there ;) )

i find it really confusing that when i post feedback on the feedback section for this news that i hear that i need to open a differend threat on a different section of the forum to get something changed

14 minutes ago, Stona said:

Lets wait for some "real life" data. But of course such info will be useful for dev team (both map designers and MM guys).

if they dont take in account that the large and small version play completely different because with the large variants you can often spawncamp nearly instantly when the match start, then they wont have very accurate data, because i think many people are fine with like for example, eastern europe with the small version (how it was designed) but despices the large variant because you dont know if you even make it out of the spawn alive with your first spawn...

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Waited for this feature so long time...

Funny, I remember that Gaijin promised that this feature is "not possible".

:016:

A big + for this fetaure, even "unlike" only for non-premium users.

Hope it help to improve some horrible maps I dislike.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, ShadowRangerCZ said:

Just little suggestion what about alowing players to like the maps too? To increse probability of getting it and as feedback for devs what maps are actualy best (because right now this system will only mark the worts maps and all medicore will still get shafted into the "liked" pool) to help them more clearly see how future maps should look like.

sounds like a good idea!

34 minutes ago, Stona said:

You know the drill. Jump into suggestion section (or wait till we implement map filter to the game and then jump there ;) )

But as mentioned ^

So best as a Suggestion now or when its implemented

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jarcher_PL said:

Good feature. But tell me why again something that is not implemented for SB? There are 3 game modes: AB, RB and SB. Why this feature is not for SB mode?

Well I think it is because SB are already almost with no players, the waiting time is huge so therefore adding any restriction to these queues would jeopardize the whole existence of these game modes.

Edited by Harry_El_Hacha
medal medal medal medal medal medal

This seems to be the Good (first) Feature that the Community love and War Thunder badly needs: More Development WITH the Community, way more say right etc. IF its true that you (Gaijin) will listen to the Feedback and rework/remove/rebuild the Maps we hate. We have been screaming this for years: Top Tier needs bigger maps (Even Kursk with 1,8km Range to Snipe is too small)

This could be the best feature for 1.91 and the last years <3

Edited by Manaherz
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

A suggestion could be to add an option for liked maps. To see what everyone likes most. Not something that effects the matchmaker just something to give feedback to devs on what is liked.

Edit: having read the comments i see im not the first to suggest this. :)

Edited by *deadpeasant
medal medal medal medal

• magazine2 changed the title to Map Filter Suggestions & Feedback