Map Filter Suggestions & Feedback

@StonaWill the maps in the selection list be dependent on the Rank, BR or just from the entirety of the maps available?

Is this going to be implemented for Air and Naval maps as well in 1.91?

Will the data be used to make a comprehensive selection/rotation for maps dependent on the Rank and/or BR your line up is? If this is so, will this exlusion tool be available for the tier for tier map lists?

medal medal

9 minutes ago, FouManchou said:

Well except Gaijin won't be getting any data on what SB players like or not, unlike players from AB and RB.
So the maps SB players tend to like : El-Alamein, Fulda, Maginot, European Province ; will be "corrected" by cattering to people like Spit-Flyer who only play RB and are against maps being more than 1km^2, while those SB players can't stand will A) stay in the SB rotation and B) remain unchanged.

Unless of course Gaijin is planning to directly ask the SB community to pick the maps it likes for each event, but then again I'm not convinced this'll happen

I am an arcade player that happens to prefer larger , more open maps like maginot line. Past BR 7.7 larger maps are essential for me to utilize my vehicles like they were meant to be utilized. I will adjust my map filter accordingly.  I wish full sized Maginot Line would be added to AB along with some other RB sized maps for rank 6 and 7.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Boom_Inc said:
  1. Will the maps in the selection list be dependent on the Rank, BR or just from the entirety of the maps available?
  2. Is this going to be implemented for Air and Naval maps as well in 1.91?
  3. Will the data be used to make a comprehensive selection/rotation for maps dependent on the Rank and/or BR your line up is? If this is so, will this exlusion tool be available for the tier for tier map lists?

1. Of available maps. We have plans to put more maps available for BRs brackets than we have now.
  2. The location preference settings work only in random battles in air, land and naval AB and RB.
  3. Dunno if I get the question properly. Can you try one more time? ;)
2 minutes ago, RussianBiasIsRea said:

First you fix the issue where people bail to avoid being killed, and now you're making this part better too. It's a good step forward in "fixing the game in 1.91".

You are aware that mentioned things were planned way before all that hashtag action?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, KB_Martinsen said:

@Stona Lets say I have a 5.0BR setup and i dislike/ban 4 maps there would get me up tired vs say 5.7BR, would this new dislike/ban maps help me to get in to more low BR battles than before?

AFAIK No, because we have plans to change number of maps for each bracket.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KB_Martinsen said:

But I mean I removed/disliked the maps I can only go in to if I am up tired would that not give me better chances of getting in to lower tier battles?

Dunno.

3 minutes ago, icata1 said:

@Stona could Every Preset save diffrent set of banned maps like they save the gamemode

Not in this iteration. 

1 minute ago, blastedryan said:

What if you dislike a specific version of a map but like all of the other version? For example you don't like conquest #something on Normandy but are fine with the domination map and the other conquest maps.

You need to chose. You cannot "ban" specific mission on specific map.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@Stona a really good addition but i have one issue from what i see how it is implemented.

you can how i see it now only dislike maps, not variants of maps, while for manny maps the first small version is fine for mediium tier, but the enlarged top tier variants are really bad, so to make it a usefull option i would suggest to give the option to dislike map variations.

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, warchicken16 said:

@Stona a really good addition but i have one issue from what i see how it is implemented.

you can how i see it now only dislike maps, not variants of maps, while for manny maps the first small version is fine for mediium tier, but the enlarged top tier variants are really bad, so to make it a usefull option i would suggest to give the option to dislike map variations.

You know the drill. Jump into suggestion section (or wait till we implement map filter to the game and then jump there ;) )

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Stona said:

1. Of available maps. We have plans to put more maps available for BRs brackets than we have now.
  2. The location preference settings work only in random battles in air, land and naval AB and RB.
  3. Dunno if I get the question properly. Can you try one more time? ;)

You are aware that mentioned things were planned way before all that hashtag action?

3. Say 3 months after this patch drops the War Thunder team now has collected 3 months worth of data, which can be catigorized into what maps the majority of players perfer for play at each BR and Rank. How will this information be constructively used (refine the map selector, create more tier specific selection lists, etc.) or is it just too early to say?

I just want to make sure this will have a positive FUTURE impact and not just a positive impact in 1.91 for it to later change into something that ends up negatively impacting a players experience in War Thunder.

Edited by Boom_Inc
Typo
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

I've been wanting this feature put in for yrs to only be told it would never happen from youtubers and others . Thank you WT team for doing this as it will of course slow down match making a tad but it's a more benefit to make players happy with their matches . This can actually help WT as well in future map designs seeing what the majority chooses in different game modes . Strong work on this feature WT , A+

Edited by Bad_MoFo
medal medal medal medal medal

It's a good thing I find ^^

But will we have a new card selection system for later? :)

With fewer redundant maps, more variations of the weather (because there are very few maps with rain or this gives a different view of the map), more night cards etc.
Because I find that at the moment we do not have enough cards of night, rain etc also some cards are redundant. :dntknw:
Sorry for the faults, but I'm French. :p:

medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, Boom_Inc said:

3. Say 3 months after this patch drops the War Thunder team now has collected 3 months worth of data, which can be catigorized into what maps the majority of players perfer for play at each BR and Rank. How will this information be constructively used (refine the map selector, create more tier specific selection lists, etc.) or is it just too early to say?

Lets wait for some "real life" data. But of course such info will be useful for dev team (both map designers and MM guys).

• Like 3

• magazine2 changed the title to Map Filter Suggestions & Feedback