Update 15.04.2020 (1.97.1.52)

Ouiche

Maintenance%20(14).jpg

• Ground vehicles that make use of the “hull aiming mode” will no longer roll down hills when positioned upon the landscape at large or very small angles.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

(Edit: The issue seems to have been caused by the update changing my controls in such a way that automatic transmission became disabled. Changing transmission mode to automatic fixed the problem.)

Original text:

It's good that hull aiming is getting looked at; however, this update has unfortunately introduced a much more serious issue: vehicles with hull aiming are currently unable to move forwards or backwards, trapping them in the spawn and essentially making them stationary artillery emplacements. A bug report is underway, although I hope that this gets fixed far before the report has had enough time to be read and forwarded.

Edited by Exelcia
Issue caused by controls change
medal medal

1 minute ago, Brice2Nis59 said:

Isnt that the 4th time that we get this same issue "fixed" ? :lol2:

WDSVR.gif

The simulation is acting up. Nah this time we are really fixing it. Pinky swear, for realz. I hope

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Exelcia said:

It's good that hull aiming is getting looked at; however, this update has unfortunately introduced a much more serious issue: vehicles with hull aiming are currently unable to move forwards or backwards, trapping them in the spawn and essentially making them stationary artillery emplacements. A bug report is underway, although I hope that this gets fixed far before the report has had enough time to be read and forwarded.

Hey, do you have specifics, for a quick test? Vehicle, game mode (ab/rb?). Are the vehicles affected in test drive or only in live games?

1 hour ago, Ouiche said:

Hey, do you have specifics, for a quick test? Vehicle, game mode (ab/rb?). Are the vehicles affected in test drive or only in live games?

(Edit: The issue seems to have been caused by the update changing my controls in such a way that automatic transmission became disabled. Changing transmission mode to automatic fixed the problem.)

The issue happens both in the test drive and in battles, and in all game modes (AB, RB, SB). I have so far tested in RB random battles and in the test drive in all modes, using the VT1-2 as well as the Strv 103-0, although I only tested the latter in a test drive.

Edited by Exelcia
medal medal

dont have that cant move problem but the aiming speed is sadly reduced even more. could it be possible to use non linear aiming were the aiming is faster when further away from the aiming center becouse now it needs 23 seconds for a 90 degre turn in the 103 in sniper mode 

• Upvote 1
medal

The issue with nonmoving ground vehicles was caused by the update disabling automatic transmission; changing transmission mode back to automatic fixed the issue. Fortunately, no bug report is needed on this problem.

Original text:

I have posted a bug report on the issue in the "Ground Vehicle 3D Visual, performance, handling and damage models" section of moderated bug reports. A video further demonstrating the problem will be added to the report once it's ready.

Edited by Exelcia
medal medal

Exactly the problem with all these models is the lack of engine sound:
STRV 103-0

STRV 103A

STRV 103C

Aiming on different surfaces is also a big problem.
I hope this will be fixed although it is a new mechanic.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The strv103  has bug where there is any tank at near it (especially behind) , it will do a wiggle aim. i tested in the test  drive and it happened. in random battles it got worse. it happen on VT1-2 too. some debris made it happened but it is harder to come by. other gun barrel effected it when it touched the strv103. Another complain is i don't like the aiming gets slow when it is close to mouse crosshair and now it is worse after the update. it was better before the Swedish plane and strv103-0 came out. So gaijin u need to perfecting it until it is like WOT hull aim system. and i feel bad on those (including me) whose spend on STRV103-0 and VT1-2. also, it is doesn't have good response now specialy when there are over 80k players in the servers and it gives server  not responding.

shot 2020.04.15 19.57.05.jpg

shot 2020.04.15 19.57.27.jpg

shot 2020.04.15 19.59.27.jpg

shot 2020.04.15 20.01.00.jpg

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, SenpaiFuzz said:

Is there any word on what's causing helicopter ballistic computers to not function properly when the helicopter is crewed?

It's being reported, we'll try to fix it quickly.

• Upvote 2

Just installed the update.  Resulted in an error code of 81110007.

Tried the fix found at https://support.gaijin.net/hc/en-us/articles/200070331-Error-81110007-File-read-error-Try-to-repair-installation-by-launcher-

but it didn't work, same error.

Total game reinstall worked, but now I have to redo all my settings.

Edited by deberts
Poor spelling
medal