So Spawn Camping is Allowed Now, So Why Not Friendly Artillery?

So, WT now allows camping without any consequences in ground games in RB.  So, when I respawn into a camped spawn, especially in a soft skinned AA vehicle, why can I not call my artillery onto the campers? 

Edited by *Tango_2_3
Changed title, fixed spelling! :)

First, you cant call artillery close to spawn points, second there was a change in spawn camping when the update went live.

Quote: The mechanics of the respawn zones protection has been changed for ground battles: 

• Entering the zone of where a player's ground vehicle was destroyed at the expiration of the timer has been disabled. At the same time in this zone enemy ground vehicles for the defending side will still be highlighted on the map. Players of the attacking side entering such a zone will also be highlighted on the map (the zone).
  • Crew lock when leaving the mission ahead of time in which the enemy is at your respawn zone has been disabled. It is important to remember that leaving the vehicle by using “Leave the vehicle” button the slot of the vehicle will still be blocked until the end of the mission (but for not more than 9 minutes) as it was previously. 
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I think the point was - since players can drive into the spawn area without a game timer exploding their vehicle, why is artillery still not allowed to be dropped on the spawn area (at least by your own side).

It's worth discussing whether there should be the possibility of this, at least once an enemy is close enough to be highlighted on the map if not before. Perhaps make friendly vehicles in the spawn area immune to damage from artillery even after the usual protection has worn off. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Thank you NeoWarspite, but that hasn't answered my question.  The change has made spawn camping easier.  Why don't they allow friendly artillery to target enemy in the spawn zone?

Quitting doesn't solve anything, whether or not you get you get crew locked; you can just switch to another country or wait and read the wiki, catch up on FB, etc or get a drink. 

What this has done, apart from has made fast, lightly armoured vehicles even more tactically desirable is encourage spawn camping.  There was a big problem with it before (easily solved in my opinion), now it is worse.  I don't understand why they put so much effort into tank models and statistics, beautiful graphics, and maps, but put no thought whatsoever into how warfare on the ground is conducted.  It also makes the game even more frustrating for much older players who do not have the same nimbleness of fingers a lot of the really good players do. :)   It really is a pity.

• Like 2

On 13/04/2020 at 08:44, *Tango_2_3 said:

Thank you NeoWarspite, but that hasn't answered my question.  The change has made spawn camping easier.  Why don't they allow friendly artillery to target enemy in the spawn zone?

Quitting doesn't solve anything, whether or not you get you get crew locked; you can just switch to another country or wait and read the wiki, catch up on FB, etc or get a drink. 

What this has done, apart from has made fast, lightly armoured vehicles even more tactically desirable is encourage spawn camping.  There was a big problem with it before (easily solved in my opinion), now it is worse.  I don't understand why they put so much effort into tank models and statistics, beautiful graphics, and maps, but put no thought whatsoever into how warfare on the ground is conducted.  It also makes the game even more frustrating for much older players who do not have the same nimbleness of fingers a lot of the really good players do. :)   It really is a pity.

This. It's so easy to fix, but it has been a problem for years. The spawn camping, and effectiveness of it, is my main reason for getting tired of it. On some maps it's the best strategy. If it's no longer effective, it will happen much less. I freaking love WT, balancing issues is one thing, but this is a core gameplay issue.

Make spawns on the outside of the map, make enemies (RB) visible when entering the spawn area. Make enemies firing on vehicles in spawn explode and lose 500 points.

The ways to solve it is many. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal

I'd love to see some towed anti-tank guns or some infantry with portable AT stationed around spawn points. Much like airbase AA. They could be killable and reward some SL & RP. While alive they will target any threats that try to get in the spawn point. They should also have the ability to spot any approaching vehicles, instead of vehicles simply being spotted as they get close enough. I would also remove the restriction of placing artillery into your own spawn point.

• Like 1
medal

• 10 months later...

I love how like 8 tanks can spawn camp you and you are not allowed any type of Spawn protection so its basically pointless if you are trying to have a good time and then you get obliterated the second you spawn in

• Like 1

for a couple days now i have been playing with only one tank in my line up.  No point to respawn just to be killed instantly.

maybe a plane as a backup to kill some spawncampers if u lose ur tank.

medal

As spawns are camped from the ground and the air.  It makes no sense that bombs can be dropped on a spawn but arty can't..  

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal