Hi, Old guy here that loves tanks and military equipment and history. My small company repairs vintage electronics and I have restored a lot of gear for historic military vehicles i.e. radios, control panels, radar equip etc... Only been playing a few hours but I've all ready been rammed, cursed and shot at by my team mates. Nothing like comradery in battle! LOL! Very cool game! Hope to get better and worthy of being on the battle field.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jonnysocko65 said:

Hi, Old guy here that loves tanks and military equipment and history. My small company repairs vintage electronics and I have restored a lot of gear for historic military vehicles i.e. radios, control panels, radar equip etc... Only been playing a few hours but I've all ready been rammed, cursed and shot at by my team mates. Nothing like comradery in battle! LOL! Very cool game! Hope to get better and worthy of being on the battle field.

Get ready to lose your hair start drinking and smoking

• Haha 1

Welcome to the forums (and the game)!

If you need any help or advice, the Academy section is the place to go - as you've already seen :happy:

Also please note that Warthunder will get harder in the future for you since you seem to be in the "kiddie pool" still - no offense but you may be still fighting against bots. However, if you keep at it you can get better. The key to success in Warthunder is knowledge, not necessarily better equipment (it helps but only if you know how to use it without being easily defeated) :wink:

Aside from that - don't pressure yourself and just have fun :smile:

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Right on. Thanks guys. Yea I've noticed some amazing things all ready. Why? Are bots more prevalent in the lower tiers?

3 hours ago, SasquatchFox360 said:

Get ready to lose your hair start drinking and smoking

I all ready lost my hair and got those vices. He'll! I may die of stroke on the battlefield? LOL

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jonnysocko65 said:

Right on. Thanks guys. Yea I've noticed some amazing things all ready. Why? Are bots more prevalent in the lower tiers?

Early on you are in cotton wool - up until you get to about rank 10 or get a Tier 3 or BR3.0 vehicle or something like that - yeah you get to play lots of bots - practice on them.....   'cos once out of that protection and you hit the real world you are in for a power of hurt as fresh meat! ;)

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, Jonnysocko65 said:

10/4 Sounds like fun. o_o

Great fun!

As long as you're prepared for the learning curve - here's some Do's:

LEARN THE ECONOMIC SYSTEM!!  Repairs, use of backups, free repairs (10 for tree, 30 for premium vehicles), talismans, premium acct, modifications, effect of turning off auto repair.  I didn't - took me ages to figure out that stuff - cost me a fortune!

The rest is easy :)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Right on. I've been playing EVE for several years. I know what you mean about learning curves. Not a problem.  :D

P.S. My biggest problem so far is people just driving aimlessly all over the map with the gas pedal to the floor and running into you or shoving you into the line of fire with no goal other than to get kills I guess? and with no thought of winning the battle? I try to find the few that look like they know what they're doing and use cover fire to protect the pack or protect their flank etc... It's a **** show here in the lower tiers. LOL

I'd like to join a team/corp and get on TS or Discord for comms and do some real work. The only reason I'm doing this is to execute real strategy and win battles but yea it's going to take some time to learn the game mechanics.