[1.97.0.59] B-24D-25-CO Ball turret misplaced

1. Vehicle affected: B-24D-25-CO (USA, Rank IV)

2. With the recent update the bottom ball turret has been misplaced. (as shown on pictures below.)

The armor plating of the turret is present in armor view, as are the guns in x-ray. Although the gunner (in x-ray) and the turret itself is misplaced on the side of the plane.

Spoiler

wGjb3Bk.jpg

S9cJdG9.jpg

BxaYa12.jpg

cBa2Bz3.jpg

9NVrUcD.jpg

060TjWU.jpg

I have attached my CLOG and Dxdiag files.

2020_03_17_08_53_37__9868.clog DxDiag.txt

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• VoidGamer changed the title to [1.97.0.59] B-24D-25-CO Ball turret misplaced

after the relise of 1.97 the ball turret of the b 24 has been mooved on the right-front side of the fuselage with his gunner (x ray in hangar), machin guns appear to be in usual position.

in battle the turret hang out from the side but the gunner and machine guns are in theyre usual position, after switching to gunner camera and moving the turret it all go back to normal.

it's not game braking but unnoyng for sure.

War Thunder Screenshot 2020.03.17 - 12.25.04.28_LI.jpg

War Thunder Screenshot 2020.03.17 - 12.26.08.77_LI.jpg

War Thunder Screenshot 2020.03.17 - 12.26.47.37_LI.jpg

War Thunder Screenshot 2020.03.17 - 12.33.36.90_LI.jpg

War Thunder Screenshot 2020.03.17 - 12.42.05.78.png

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, VoidGamer said:

1. Vehicle affected: B-24D-25-CO (USA, Rank IV)

2. With the recent update the bottom ball turret has been misplaced. (as shown on pictures below.)

The armor plating of the turret is present in armor view, as are the guns in x-ray. Although the gunner (in x-ray) and the turret itself is misplaced on the side of the plane.

Hide contents

wGjb3Bk.jpg

S9cJdG9.jpg

Serious?  Wow,

Could you please Test Fly and take shots on ground and flying with gear up?

1 hour ago, Pony51 said:

Could you please Test Fly and take shots on ground and flying with gear up?

Unfortunately not, I do not have the plane researched nor can I test fly it.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, VoidGamer said:

Unfortunately not, I do not have the plane researched nor can I test fly it.

OK, thanks.  Will get other help (not at home ATM)

This is just because the ball turret is correctly retracted when on the ground otherwise it would hit the ground. Once in the air, the ball turret will be lowered into the position so that the armor and gun model match up (see screenshot).

There are a few bombers that have correctly retracting/extending gun turrets, though not all of them.

Though just found that there is a visual bug with the gun turret. After lowering, the turret model is missing with the gunner floating. Once switching to gunner mode, the turret reappears. Will be a separate bug report:

Best regards,

Phil

shot 2020.03.17 13.29.51.jpg

Edited by Target1331
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

@Pony51 Here the "official" bug report from this thread:

After taking off, the B-24 ventral turret gets lowered into position which is correct. However, the turret itself does not appear and the gunner is basically floating underneath the aircraft. Switching to the gunner mode makes the turret 3D model to appear (screenshot of it working in other linked thread, don't have attachment space to add here anymore).

Best regards,

Phil

shot 2020.03.17 13.29.06.jpg

DxDiag.txt 2020_03_17_13_26_03__4004.clog

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Target1331 said:

This is just because the ball turret is correctly retracted when on the ground otherwise it would hit the ground. Once in the air, the ball turret will be lowered into the position so that the armor and gun model match up (see screenshot).

Aware, why I asked about gear up (turret down) position. :)

Thanks Phil!

6 hours ago, Target1331 said:

@Pony51 Here the "official" bug report from this thread:

After taking off, the B-24 ventral turret gets lowered into position which is correct. However, the turret itself does not appear and the gunner is basically floating underneath the aircraft. Switching to the gunner mode makes the turret 3D model to appear (screenshot of it working in other linked thread, don't have attachment space to add here anymore).

Best regards,

Phil

shot 2020.03.17 13.29.06.jpg

DxDiag.txt 89.16 kB · 0 downloads 2020_03_17_13_26_03__4004.clog 673 kB · 0 downloads

After looking at this (and comparing with P.108) the 2 issues are related, Phil, so I merged your " [1.97.1.63] B-24 turret model not appearing after lowering, only after switching to gunner mode " with this one.

Thanks for your effort.

• Thanks 1