Sign in to follow this  
*John-berg1995

So I'm kind of new here

Hello fellow community members, I've been a rather long time world of tanks player, I've been playing wot since 2011. And more recently the console version of the game. I've played warthunder...a hand full of times. It never really took my interest. 

 

I used to take world of tanks so seriously i would get so frustrated when losing even a single game. Or not doing a very specific amount of damage..I was very ... competitive. 

 

Well as of late. My friend made me play warthunder. I wasn't exactly comfortable with the idea. But I decided what the heck. Let's give it a try. 

 

what's the easiest line to play in literally every tank game ever? the Russians of course...(oh how this came to bite me in the Arse later) 

 

We started out straight away into RB with literally next to no knowledge about the game.

(We came from a life of playing an Arcade game so we whernt going to ever play arcade battles) 

 

I used to play world of tanks! So naturally I loaded all APCR when I was given access to it and was shocked to realize that 194mm of APCR has no chance against even the thinnest armor plate if it's angled! (Boy did I have alot of adjusting to do)

 

though something strange was happening..I.. actually started having fun...yes the first....I dunno what felt like 20 games where absolutely terrible. I didn't know any of the positions. I constantly wandered into kill zones, couldn't see a tank 100 meters infront of me if it shot at me. 

 

And strangely enough. After I finally killed an enemy tank. a rush came over me like no other rush I've ever experienced. it was fun. Win or lose. I was having fun just getting a couple kills to my name. 

 

I even managed to place top of my team one game! (That's probably a bad thing considering how new I am!)

 

I just want to say I'm so glad to officially be apart of this game. And community. I barely even know how to play the game and I'm already having so much fun. 

 

And...infact. I quit world of tanks and are now pretty much playing warthunder from here on out. I just recently got to 6.3 with the IS-2(1944) and the ASU-85 

 

what really sold it on me! Was how dynamic the game is! Night vision??? how awesome is that! 

 

Sorry for the rambling but when I get worked up i need a place to spill all of it. Please be kind if I make a mistake in battle. I'm still learning! :) 

 

 

magazine2 (Posted )

Welcome! Moved to Welcome New Recruits - Check in Here.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Radom said:

Welcome and glad you are having fun.

Thanks, I do hope to eventually come to grips with the games mechanics and meta ^^ it can be very daunting at first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing you will find is that countries have sweet spots in the BR ratings where they are almost OP.  They are not all at the same BR.  I happen to have a fondness for the 4.7 French, though their 6.3 is not bad either.

 

Have fun, don't get frustrated, and Good Hunting to you!

 

 

p.s.  I would like to add that in my experience there are far fewer "toxic" players on the forums and in game than most of this genre.

Edited by Valcour
Added comment
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see you're learning quickly! And I too once thought APCR was better, and quickly discovered its mediocre effectiveness. You'll most likely only need APCR in an up tier against thick turret armor, or against the strong casemate tank destroyers such as the Ferdinand.

And for your BR, 6.3 is a very strong setup with Russia. I occasionally play Realistic Battles in that setup. If you ever want to squad up for some 6.3 battles, just send me a friend request and I'll be more than willing to join you for some games and help you learn their play style. Until then, happy hunting! :salute:

  • Like 1
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cybertruck said:

Glad to see you're learning quickly! And I too once thought APCR was better, and quickly discovered its mediocre effectiveness. You'll most likely only need APCR in an up tier against thick turret armor, or against the strong casemate tank destroyers such as the Ferdinand.

And for your BR, 6.3 is a very strong setup with Russia. I occasionally play Realistic Battles in that setup. If you ever want to squad up for some 6.3 battles, just send me a friend request and I'll be more than willing to join you for some games and help you learn their play style. Until then, happy hunting! :salute:

Thanks again ! I heard from a buddy of mine that Russia suffers at top tier due to not having thermals until T-80 and T-80U is that true?? thermal sounds pretty over powered. From what I recall thermal sights let's you see the heat signature of a tank against a dark background?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, *John-berg1995 said:

Thanks again ! I heard from a buddy of mine that Russia suffers at top tier due to not having thermals until T-80 and T-80U is that true?? thermal sounds pretty over powered. From what I recall thermal sights let's you see the heat signature of a tank against a dark background?

True. But Germany and USA does not have thermals on MBT's until 10.0 as well. However some premiums get them at 9.0. 

To make matters worse, for Russian MBT's, you must research Night vision before researching a separate modification upgrading NVD to thermal optics. All other nations' tanks have a single NVD module to research.

medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Cybertruck said:

True. But Germany and USA does not have thermals on MBT's until 10.0 as well. However some premiums get them at 9.0. 

To make matters worse, for Russian MBT's, you must research Night vision before researching a separate modification upgrading NVD to thermal optics. All other nations' tanks have a single NVD module to research.

How common are night battles? So far I've only had one so far. It was back at 3.7 when I was in the kv-1 and it was so dark I couldn't see 2 feet infront of me lol 

 

 

I unlocked an IR light on my ASU-85 but so far I haven't had a single night battle to use it :/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, *John-berg1995 said:

How common are night battles? So far I've only had one so far. It was back at 3.7 when I was in the kv-1 and it was so dark I couldn't see 2 feet infront of me lol 

 

 

I unlocked an IR light on my ASU-85 but so far I haven't had a single night battle to use it :/ 

I'd say that 1 out of every 10 battles I have is night or dusk/dawn. Sometimes you get evening/morning, sometimes it's the middle of the night with the moonlight, and sometimes its overcast and pitch-black without night vision. It's random.

medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.