jackTIGR

Russian technicals in WT

A thread I replied to had me going back and looking for a very interesting video that gave me some thought:

To recap: Russian Army has created a new unit perfectly suited for combat in rocky deserts, based on their experience in Syria. 30th Separate Motorized Rifle Brigade of the 2nd Guards Army is armed not just with BTR 82As and T-72B3s, but for the first time in a main role in Russian army with technicals. Of course not with Toyota Hilluxes, but with domestic products such as UAZ Patriot, armed with KORD 12.7mm MG or AGS-30 or Kornet ATGM.

Inclusion of these would bring a much needed assortment of light, fast vehicles into Soviet/Russian tree and it would also be lightweight for development because a single chassis (UAZ) would be used for many different vehicles, so Gaijin would only need to create one base and then just put different weapon systems on it.

Then there are also the old Soviet vehicles, such as UAZ-469 with Malyutkas or SPG recoilless rifles that could be around 6.0-6.3 BR.

I feel that USSR needs small, fast vehicles with powerful weaponry that other nations are getting while USSR is stuck with slow heavy vehicles that have become obsolete or just uncompetitive above 6.0 since they were introduced, also due to Italian memecars.

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

18 hours ago, jackTIGR said:

A thread I replied to had me going back and looking for a very interesting video that gave me some thought:

To recap: Russian Army has created a new unit perfectly suited for combat in rocky deserts, based on their experience in Syria. 30th Separate Motorized Rifle Brigade of the 2nd Guards Army is armed not just with BTR 82As and T-72B3s, but for the first time in a main role in Russian army with technicals. Of course not with Toyota Hilluxes, but with domestic products such as UAZ Patriot, armed with KORD 12.7mm MG or AGS-30 or Kornet ATGM.

Inclusion of these would bring a much needed assortment of light, fast vehicles into Soviet/Russian tree and it would also be lightweight for development because a single chassis (UAZ) would be used for many different vehicles, so Gaijin would only need to create one base and then just put different weapon systems on it.

Then there are also the old Soviet vehicles, such as UAZ-469 with Malyutkas or SPG recoilless rifles that could be around 6.0-6.3 BR.

I feel that USSR needs small, fast vehicles with powerful weaponry that other nations are getting while USSR is stuck with slow heavy vehicles that have become obsolete or just uncompetitive above 6.0 since they were introduced, also due to Italian memecars.

I dunno if the Toyota war is the kind of battlefield environment suited to war thunder

sounds like a good meme, but not exactly a good game addition

sorry to burst the bubble :P

medal

2 hours ago, GoddePro said:

I dunno if the Toyota war is the kind of battlefield environment suited to war thunder

sounds like a good meme, but not exactly a good game addition

sorry to burst the bubble :P

You don't think a small, fast, light vehicle, that could hide in any bush or dip in the ground and attack with Kornets or SPG-9 is a good addition?

I hate to burst your bubble too, bro, but just look at Italian memecar tree....

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 23/02/2020 at 22:14, jackTIGR said:

You don't think a small, fast, light vehicle, that could hide in any bush or dip in the ground and attack with Kornets or SPG-9 is a good addition?

I hate to burst your bubble too, bro, but just look at Italian memecar tree....

yeah, but they're still armoured cars. Fully enclosed

this thing is a literal 4 WHEEL DRIVE 

medal

If you want wheeled kornets, there's the BTR-90 or Gaz Tigr Kornet-D, even later BRDM-2's.

Why ask for techies that will be instantly take out by anyone with a coax?

There's even a BMD-4M based Kornet D1 now.

Edited by EventAnyDamage
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

On 26/02/2020 at 12:20, EventAnyDamage said:

If you want wheeled kornets, there's the BTR-90 or Gaz Tigr Kornet-D, even later BRDM-2's.

Why ask for techies that will be instantly take out by anyone with a coax?

There's even a BMD-4M based Kornet D1 now.

I have to agree

these are kind of stretching the limit of the concept of 'tank combat'

they would probably be 10 times worse than the AUBL spam just because cars don't have all this armour to carry round.

medal