So I have about 60 hours in War thunder but 95% percent of that is in Air Arcade. I tried Air realistic and was terrible in it. My usual game would go like this: Take off, Climb to about 1200M, See an enemy, dive, Miss and Get shot, Crash, repeat. I got really frustrated with this endless cycle so I uninstalled the game for a few months. i wanna try and get better at it now and I want some help.

I was thinking to play with a Spitfire if that helps.

The early Spitfires are actually fairly competant aircraft, good climb rate and turn but poor roll (relatively) and burst mass damage for the guns. Its dive speed is ok however you want to get your enemies into a turn fight which you should win most of the time. Ideally you want to climb much higher than that as well, you want to be higher than your enemies, keep in mind this isn't always possible.

• Upvote 1

Remember to practise your lead. For me, that is my biggest deal, remember to continue the lead with the enemy and in most cases, people don't lead long enough.

Also, you might want to think about climbing a lot higher, usually 3000m at least is a good height.

Also, stick and shadow a friendly, 9 out of 10  times you will get shot down less.

On 11/02/2020 at 18:43, SpursFan said:

Take off, Climb to about 1200M, See an enemy, dive, Miss and Get shot, Crash, repeat.

No!

1. Air RB is about team play and doing objectives. You don't have to engage every enemy you see, you don't have to fight every enemy that's in your range. You don't have to eleminate all the enemy players to win the game!
  2. Victory is more important than kills. Even 1 kill with a victory will grant you more rewards than 3-4 kills with defeat. You have only 1 life, so do your teammates.You have to be very cautious and play smart. If someone of your team is chasing an enemy, you don't go after his target! You should keep your advantage and protect his 6, in case another enemy joins the battle.
  3. 1200m altitude is not sufficient. It all depends on the plane, some planes climb fast(bf109s), other keep high speed better(most american planes), some perform well at high altitude(mig3,p47m,ta152s,i225,i185s...), others are most efficient at low to mid altitude (most russian fighters). You have to learn each plane and what it's advantages are. If your plane doesn't climb as well as the opposition, there is no point climbing whole game just to witness your team eleminated and be left alone against mutiple enemies. You have to support your team in their efforts. Maps in Warthunder are relatively small(all the big juicy maps got banned from the game thanks to the voting system), allied props which usually don't climb as well as axis are in general unable to win the climbing game in time. So you still have to climb(5-6000m is good altitude for rank 3-4 plane), but keep high speed too, and whenever approached by enemy with altitude advantage(Avoid turn fights at all cost unless you are zero or spitfire ... or something else that turns really well), bring him down and closer to your team so someone could take it away from your 6.

Basicly if you want arcade like experience in Air RB , you play axis who in general are suited for solo fighter style of gameplay, their planes climb better(germans), turn better(japanese) or have a little bit of both + amazing fire power(italians).

With few exceptions(early russian planes like i153, some late tier props (p51h, bearcats, late prop yaks,p59) spitfires in general(all of them climb and turn well)) allies can't win a game without some sort of team coordination

Edited by razkownik
medal medal medal