MTom

Why most players doesn't know anything but HEAD ON!!!!44!!

7 minutes ago, Josephs_Piano said:

Takes 2 to do a head on.

It does.

And if a A6M wants to headon my J21 I will happily accept...

Even more if that player comes back with an A5M after that.

Most players simply can't maneuver and many don't even use the C key. They just go into bloodhoundmode with tunnel vision and done.

Nore do most players have any understanding what different arments will do or not.

Edited by anyuser
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

59 minutes ago, anyuser said:

It does.

Absolutely - got to love those Swedish guns - killing at 1km in head-ons has never been so easy!!:good:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hi,

Head ons are 50-50 using mouse aim. With manual controls ..stick...its almost always a no go.

Just another perspective:-) 

medal

On 12/02/2020 at 03:13, MrBader said:

Hi,

Head ons are 50-50 using mouse aim. With manual controls ..stick...its almost always a no go.

Just another perspective:-) 

Evertime depends on against what you go into an headon.

Lets say, my Do217J/N was not spaded by turnfights or boom and zoom tactics but many players that went happily into an headon with 4x 20mm guns.

Often enough with something with 2x 7mm.

Mouseaim woun't save you there...

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

How do people settle violent conflict in real life ?

Wait for it .... 

Head on....... 

:expert:

• Haha 1

On 14/03/2020 at 07:19, xBILLYJACKx said:

I fly with a mouse.............:facepalm:

Looking over your shoulder or in your pocket?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 10/02/2020 at 12:54, anyuser said:

It does.

Most players simply can't maneuver and many don't even use the C key. They just go into bloodhoundmode with tunnel vision and done.

Nore do most players have any understanding what different arments will do or not.

Zeros - apply directly to the forehead! 

There is a technique to get easy kills in headons by using ballistics to shoot at people outside of range. It does require precise knowledge of where to aim however, which is why it is so difficult. The rush when you get a long range headon kill is incredible though.

medal

From a old time "headoner"...

If the enemy is an apparent better pilot then it is better odds to go headon that to manouver...

PARTICULARLY when on a PS4 without MAX TURN controls...(later i configured these...but for a long time i could never win turnfights)

Also true if you know your plane turns (way) worse...

If i have .5 cals headon also has good odds...i can start firing from very far and often hit...

If i am on a heavy fighter, manouver odds are abysmal...so headon is better

TBH...it probably goes down to MY lack of skill on a proper dogfight...

I would try to find position and attack from behind or deflection shots...i would try to find bombers or planes with low manoeuvrability...

BUT...if i was going headon vs a player with obvious experience and/or a better turning plane...HEAD ON was better alternative...and they would often accept it.

When i stopped playing planes i was winning 70% of the headons (practice makes perfect)...

20 hours ago, firefighter209 said:

Believe it or not, this was an issue they faced in actual dogfights. At least we get to re-spawn

Yes, but in actual dogfights you wouldn't have one person aiming to survive and the other to kill the opponent no matter what it takes. Instead both would aim to begin evading immediately to avoid being hit by fire.

medal

Head-ons are useful if:

Your plane is too badly shot up to maneuver then turn and get the bad guy

You have overwhelming cannon power and see an easy mark

Behind the guy are 2+ enemy, you dodge and turn they get you 

You have a Stuka and he's got a 109, what else can you do?

The guy turns at you too quickly to think of something else

Your attitude today is "COME AT ME BRO!"

You've been having a bad day so crank up the Rammstein and take it literally

You just don't care

Head-ons are bad if:

You value life and consider it sacred, especially your life

You're a camper who cares only about never dying and keeping a perfect score

The other guy is a bomber.....really?  Just turn around and get him

You may have a humiliation kill as the biplane shoots down your high BR top tier fighter.....not that I know all about that

This is your last or best plane

You see a lot of other options to use and have time to implement

The other guy is in a Stuka and you have a 109, he's only going to do one thing

You know that Kung xxxx, use it.

medal medal

headons are common due to mouse aim and ufo flight model allowing you to whip around to an enemy closing on you

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Head-ons happen a lot for four reasons:

Targeting sights that invariably draw two planes together as two intent players are trying to shoot at each other's plane.

An impatient player wanting a quick kill.

A player seeing too much of a disadvantage--enemy is higher, their plane can turn tighter, or it's several planes coming at him so get one or none.

A snap turn that leaves you with the choice of shoot or die.

And lastly poor player skill, wanting only a quick and easy kill.

Head-ons aren't wise practice as your plane likely gets torn up or you can get the bad guy but the oncoming wreckage of his plane downs yours.  As I've evolved as a player I first did a lot of head-ons but I was always at an altitude disadvantage; then I began practicing dodging the head-on by a slight angle up over them--usually a crippled plane dives or goes to the side.  A sudden jerk to the side can still lead you to collide.  Conversely as my BR has come up I see a few very good players who can hit the flaps and nose down so I miss them, but many who shoot off a burst from a distance then turn away too early, giving me a chance to turn after them.

More recently I've been practicing gaining altitude and diving after players to get on their tail.  My K/D has gone up but it will take a long time to erase all the early matches.  

The two best ways to counter an intentional head-oner is to either keep him at a distance and gain altitude, or if he's too intent or you're stuck nose under just before he's in range.  Most people don't aim high enough in a head-on, why they often get it in a collision, but when the enemy noses down they rarely assume to both aim in front but also use a much longer target lead. 

Edited by sfpeter68
  • Thanks 1
medal medal

21 hours ago, sfpeter68 said:

Targeting sights that invariably draw two planes together as two intent players are trying to shoot at each other's plane.

A player seeing too much of a disadvantage--enemy is higher, their plane can turn tighter, or it's several planes coming at him so get one or none.

Head-ons aren't wise practice as your plane likely gets torn up or you can get the bad guy but the oncoming wreckage of his plane downs yours.  As I've evolved as a player I first did a lot of head-ons but I was always at an altitude disadvantage; then I began practicing dodging the head-on by a slight angle up over them--usually a crippled plane dives or goes to the side.  A sudden jerk to the side can still lead you to collide.  Conversely as my BR has come up I see a few very good players who can hit the flaps and nose down so I miss then, but many who shoot off a burst from a distance then turn away too early, giving me a chance to turn after them.

More recently I've been practicing gaining altitude and diving after players to get on their tail.  My K/D has gone up but it will take a long time to erase all the early matches.  

The two best ways to counter an intentional head-oner is to either keep him at a distance and gain altitude, or if he's too intent or you're stuck nose under just before he's in range.  Most people don't aim high enough in a head-on, why they often get it in a collision, but when the enemy noses down they rarely assume to both aim in front but also use a much longer target lead. 

Generally this is the typical experience I come across, but avoiding a headon is only delaying it. Generally shooting at long distance and then going evasive is the best way to ensure that you at least live in the headon. Then, if you are in the faster plane you can simply fly away, and if you have the better turn rate you can turn around to line up a shot.

medal

21 hours ago, sfpeter68 said:

Head-ons aren't wise practice as your plane likely gets torn up or you can get the bad guy but the oncoming wreckage of his plane downs yours.  As I've evolved as a player I first did a lot of head-ons but I was always at an altitude disadvantage; then I began practicing dodging the head-on by a slight angle up over them--usually a crippled plane dives or goes to the side.  A sudden jerk to the side can still lead you to collide.  Conversely as my BR has come up I see a few very good players who can hit the flaps and nose down so I miss then, but many who shoot off a burst from a distance then turn away too early, giving me a chance to turn after them.

Generally this is the typical experience I come across, but avoiding a headon is only delaying it. Generally shooting at long distance and then going evasive is the best way to ensure that you at least live in the headon. Then, if you are in the faster plane you can simply fly away, and if you have the better turn rate you can turn around to line up a shot.

medal