Lower/mid tier match making post 1.95 patch

On 05/03/2021 at 12:10, ReachForTheSky said:

You make some good points, but you have a habit of being quite slippery. First the team composition, now: you go from disputing the idea that the M18 and Pz IV have any meaningful difference in mobility to saying that the difference in speed, whatever it may be, doesn't really matter.

I'd argue that the nearly double hp/ton advantage the M18 has gives it a big advantage every time it moves - whether that be halfway across the map or from one block of buildings to another. Being in the enemy's line of sight for an extra half a second can make all the difference.

Having played both vehicles, I cannot say I have noticed it amounting to a meaningful difference—especially considering the differences in BR and MM. I’d rather have the Pz. IV G’s mix than the M18’s.

As a note, remember that the US M18’s condition has deteriorated from when I made my comparison: it has been uptiered to 5.7 and negated by Italian and Chinese examples.

On 05/03/2021 at 12:10, ReachForTheSky said:

And, again, I'd strongly dispute that the M18's mobility advantage is 'slightly' higher. There is a substantial difference. If you play a static gameplay style, that difference may well be slight, but that's not how the M18 should be played, nor does it win games.

Given how commonly the M18 is uptiered (near continuously to 6.3/6.7 now), I cannot say I agree with the suggestion that the M18 be played in a more direct manner...it cannot survive that way. It usually has to be used as a flanker.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

19 hours ago, warrior412 said:

Given how commonly the M18 is uptiered (near continuously to 6.3/6.7 now), I cannot say I agree with the suggestion that the M18 be played in a more direct manner...it cannot survive that way. It usually has to be used as a flanker.

I don't mean direct, I mean mobile. I'm not suggesting rushing the enemy head-on, but picking your way across the map to reach a position on the enemy's flank or rear. That's how it plays best even in a full downtier, and it's much better at that than the Pz IV G.

I think one problem that is skewing the debate (not just us, but the community as a whole) is the fact that the M18 is harder to play well, and much easier to play very poorly, than the Pz IV. High speed is a great advantage but it can get you into trouble quickly if you aren't careful. Inversely, the M18 has a much higher skill ceiling - when both vehicles are played with competence, the M18 has a big edge. In a team game, and a 1v1, I'd take the M18 over the Pz IV G any day, because I understand the strengths and weaknesses of both and I can make use of the M18's great potential when played correctly.

Edited by ReachForTheSky
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal