ColdMatches

Shilka 23mm Reliability

The USSR 23mm on the Shilka sparks and fails to do any sufficient damage to air targets, especially helicopters for some reason.

Now this isn't out of the ordinary as the 23mm on nearly every Soviet aircraft is also prone to being a spark machine.

Why does this happen?

• Like 3

Add to this Tunguska missiles being totaly unreliable against fixed wing aircrafts considering they detonate prematurely especialy when fired at planes attacking frontaly which should be suicidal for the plane but in WT is the oposite !

Why does this happen ? Russian Bias BRUV , they have to do something for those players who overflow their forums with tears because Shilka and Tunguska dare to kill them while flying on a straight line towards enemy AA .... oh sorry i mean balance :lol2:

Edited by Raldi92
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The German Begleitpanzer light tank 57mm VT fuzzed round was doing the same thing yesterday with the fuze prematurely detonating. Head ons from helis, I'd see the shell explode early.. Its a waste of rounds... On the flip side Gaijin must not want us killing every helicopter in game with ease. Precious helicopters ruin the game enouph as it is. 

medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, *Roger13R said:

The German Begleitpanzer light tank 57mm VT fuzzed round was doing the same thing yesterday with the fuze prematurely detonating. Head ons from helis, I'd see the shell explode early.. Its a waste of rounds... On the flip side Gaijin must not want us killing every helicopter in game with ease. Precious helicopters ruin the game enouph as it is. 

Yeah i mean i wouldn't be surprised if other vehicles suffered from this aswell ,  although to be fair Tunguska missiles seem to be work reliably against helicopters  it's only against airplanes that they start to go crazy so i suspect it has something to do with relative speed and proximity fuse . 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

10 hours ago, Raldi92 said:

Add to this Tunguska missiles being totaly unreliable against fixed wing aircrafts considering they detonate prematurely especialy when fired at planes attacking frontaly which should be suicidal for the plane but in WT is the oposite !

Why does this happen ? Russian Bias BRUV , they have to do something for those players who overflow their forums with tears because Shilka and Tunguska dare to kill them while flying on a straight line towards enemy AA .... oh sorry i mean balance :lol2:

imo this happens to all the proximity fuzed rounds tbh

the japanese Type 75 SPH cant even kill anything with its proximity 155mm shell because it exploded 20m in front of any target

It used to be effective for aircraft too but now it cant even kill aircraft.

in theory, you can kill Ka-50 at 8km with this.

imo this whole proximity fuze boogaloo is because the 155mm shell nerfed so hard everyone else also gets it.

Edited by Samuel_Hyde
medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, Samuel_Hyde said:

imo this happens to all the proximity fuzed rounds tbh

the japanese Type 75 SPH cant even kill anything with its proximity 155mm shell because it exploded 20m in front of any target

It used to be effective for aircraft too but now it cant even kill aircraft.

in theory, you can kill Ka-50 at 8km with this.

imo this whole proximity fuze boogaloo is because the 155mm shell nerfed so hard everyone else also gets it.

the Type 75 had such a severe drop it didn't even matter, your range was affected too much by the gun velocity.

medal