Well, I feel like they made that news about WSP only to make people think that they can get something for spending lots of their time on writing wiki stuff and it's a "scam" like 

Not the main question, but rather important for every novice editor: “Will I get anything for contributing to the War Thunder Wiki?”. Yes, you will! Each month, the War Thunder Wiki team awards Golden Eagles to active participants.

from the older version of this article:

https://wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Help:Creating_articles&type=revision&diff=41913&oldid=35786&diffmode=source

I don't know anyone who got anything for helping with wiki stuff.

Or they just picked a really few people.

Edited by RideR2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, Jareel_Skaj said:

Hi,

I've submitted my application to the Wiki Share Program around mid-January got no response for about a week, I've PMed patrioticalien (person to ask questions to according to the wiki page) about it on January 25, got no response either...

Is the programme still alive?

Was my application received?

It says on patrioticalien's forum profile that he is busy and out of office right now. I know it can be painful but please be patient to get a response :) 

My theory is like most wiki 'projects' only one guy was charge of it, patrioticalien. After putting in all the work they got tired, got overwhelmed by the response, had IRL stuff, or some other reason come up so it got abandoned.

Or Gajin pulled the funding for it.

To put it in perspective, I was probably the first guy to apply since the link was up on the wiki before the official announcement. I applied again after Inceptor57 suggested I apply and I still have not received any message about WSP.

medal medal medal

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all having a great new year!

What does this mean, when we have available space, we look at the applications to see who suites our requirements from the applications, to bring into the WSP program.

• Just because you are not currently in it, does not rule you out of being involved in it, in the future.  (Don’t think because you haven’t heard back it has ruled you out, be optimistic about the future!)
  • If you are selected, you will be contacted by myself or by one of my wiki colleagues.   

Answers to your questions:

On 01/02/2020 at 16:20, blastedryan said:

My theory is like most wiki 'projects' only one guy was charge of it, patrioticalien. After putting in all the work they got tired, got overwhelmed by the response, had IRL stuff, or some other reason come up so it got abandoned.

Or Gajin pulled the funding for it.

On 01/02/2020 at 09:37, Jareel_Skaj said:

Is the programme still alive?

The WSP program is extremely active & very much alive, be prepared for more news about the WSP soon!

On 01/02/2020 at 09:37, Jareel_Skaj said:

Was my application received?

All applications are received when they are submitted. They are then automatically added to our review list, where each one is reviewed. 

On 01/02/2020 at 10:32, RideR2 said:

Well, I feel like they made that news about WSP only to make people think that they can get something for spending lots of their time on writing wiki stuff and it's a "scam" like 

from the older version of this article:

https://wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Help:Creating_articles&type=revision&diff=41913&oldid=35786&diffmode=source

I don't know anyone who got anything for helping with wiki stuff.

Or they just picked a really few people.

We have over 7000+ active user accounts on the international wiki, which are also growing. 

What you are seeing here in the link, is a text update from a stop-gap solution we had until the WSP was ready to be implemented, no conspiracies here. 

• During the beta test of the WSP known as the wiki freelance project, we handed out over 34,685 Golden Eagles to participants of that program.

Stay turned for some very interesting news, and the milestones of the WSP program.   

Have a wonderful day &  Kindest Regards

War Thunder Wiki Team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, patrioticalien said:

Stay turned for some very interesting news, and the milestones of the WSP program.   

Have a wonderful day &  Kindest Regards

War Thunder Wiki Team

I'm happy to hear. I think that the major concern here, is the severely lacking communication between the Wiki team and the contributors in regards to the programme.

Honestly: I think majority of us would be content with waiting, if we'd receive some sort of a response after sending the application, even if it's just an auto-replay telling us that the application was received, however it's waiting for processing till... an update to the programme is dispatched? I can totally understand your hesitance to provide any deadlines, as I bet a lot of the process is in the hands of decision-makers at Gaijin over which you have a limited influence, but we, editors with more or less time and ability to contribute, would greatly appreciate improved communication on your side. This post is certainly a step in the right direction, I can only hope it's not a single one and further, more frequent messaging will follow.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, Jareel_Skaj said:

Honestly: I think majority of us would be content with waiting, if we'd receive some sort of a response after sending the application, even if it's just an auto-replay telling us that the application was received, however it's waiting for processing till... an update to the programme is dispatched? 

When an application is submitted, you will be seeing this screen  (Image attached to this post) Once this has shown, it's a confirmation that the application has been submitted and has been received by us. 

Additionally, what we do is we allow you to submit more then one application, we don't have any restriction on the amount that you can submit and plus we understand that we are all humans and we all make mistakes/press the wrong buttons/interests change over time etc, we do read them so we can pick up on it, we're humans too! 

We get a lot of applications, this is why we emphasise the point that we will contact the participant, if the application is successful and this also allows the participant to accept or to decline the offer.   It's not because we don't want to tell people, it's because: 

1. It's not viable, we would be sending forum messages all day long, every day and never have any time to do things that actually matter. I.e. working on the wiki, reading and approving edits, planning & creating the future, helping users with the wiki, etc. 
  2. The way in-which the WSP has been designed, is around an agile framework. This is how we can achieve our strategy, we have over 1,376 vehicles and this number is only for tanks, planes, boats and aircraft. 
  3.  All applications are received when they are submitted. They are then automatically added to our review list, where each one is reviewed - This works well for us, because the way in which the application has been created captures a lot of information about: what you like, what you don't like - All this information is then factored into the decision, when we contact someone to join. What we are doing with this information is basing it on our strategic plan and how you factor into it. The great thing is when plans are completed their are always new plans which happen: someone who isn't a good candidate for plan 1 may be a great candidate for plan 2, 3, 4, 5 etc     

5 hours ago, Jareel_Skaj said:

I can totally understand your hesitance to provide any deadlines, as I bet a lot of the process is in the hands of decision-makers at Gaijin over which you have a limited influence, but we, editors with more or less time and ability to contribute, would greatly appreciate improved communication on your side. This post is certainly a step in the right direction, I can only hope it's not a single one and further, more frequent messaging will follow.

Everyone on the wiki team, are extremely hard working both in regards to our main role which is focused on the wiki and on real life. Just sometimes things happen that require our attention and cool things, like responding on the forums, unfortunately have to be deferred until we are in a position to do it. 

We hope this answers your questions, if you have any more please feel free to ask! 

Kindest Regards

War Thunder: Wiki Team 

WSP COMP FO.jpg

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 hours ago, patrioticalien said:

So only people who are editing and wants to edit and create articles about vehicles are being accepted into the WSP?

What about people who are editing and creating articles related to the CDK?

Edited by RideR2
medal medal medal medal

12 hours ago, patrioticalien said:

when plans are completed their are always new plans which happen: someone who isn't a good candidate for plan 1 may be a great candidate for plan 2, 3, 4, 5 etc     

Is there list of those plans?

medal medal

1 hour ago, RideR2 said:

So only people who are editing and wants to edit and create articles about vehicles are being accepted into the WSP?

No, others are accepted into the program, stay turned for some interesting news. 

1 hour ago, GunFetish said:

Is there list of those plans?

Maybe in the future - but at this time, it's not possible: To provide any information about our current and/or future wiki projects.

We like to keep our competitors guessing. 

Let me really put some emphases on this pointStay turned for some very interesting news, and the milestones, for the WSP program. 

Kindest Regards

War Thunder: Wiki Team.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
On 06/02/2020 at 20:40, patrioticalien said:

The great thing is when plans are completed their are always new plans which happen: someone who isn't a good candidate for plan 1 may be a great candidate for plan 2, 3, 4, 5 etc     

Kinda bummer kinda great.

I also submitted long ago and never got a reply. I was really digging to add more content to the wiki especially naval that lacks so so much. 

Really hoping to hear from you guys.

• Like 1
medal medal

• 1 month later...
On 09/07/2020 at 05:53, *septuple_shutter said:

How long would it take for someone to be replied back to and how would they be contacted???

It depends on how busy the admin, patrioticalien, is.

You'll get a PM through the forums.

medal medal medal

On 09/07/2020 at 11:53, *septuple_shutter said:

How long would it take for someone to be replied back to and how would they be contacted???

Few days to never. For me its around 10 months and counting

Edited by Vianochka
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/07/2020 at 00:27, The_Royal_Teabag said:

Wiki share program is definitely alive! I have been in it for about 3 months now. It has been a good experience so far. If you have questions I suppose you can ask me, as I have not signed any NDA.

Glad you're enjoying it. 

On 24/07/2020 at 18:27, The_Royal_Teabag said:

Wiki share program is definitely alive! I have been in it for about 3 months now. It has been a good experience so far. If you have questions I suppose you can ask me, as I have not signed any NDA.

All this free time on hands, and i'm not in yet 

:dntknw:

medal medal

10 hours ago, *J26Lennox26 said:

All this free time on hands, and i'm not in yet

Explain why you deserve to get in and maybe we could make help you get in.

Edited by blastedryan
medal medal medal

3 hours ago, blastedryan said:

Explain why you deserve to get in.

Well, apologies if I "sounded" demanding in my previous statement. I never meant to say I deserve to be part of the WSP in a demanding way rather a sarcastically disappointed. It's something you just earn at the right time I will say.

Nonetheless, since day 1 of me playing I have always been studying for the wiki. In any game I've played. The wiki represents a significant part of documentation and guides throughout the entire game. Something I can go back and look up to, something accessible for everyone that I want to be part of improving. Something that makes players feel like they learned and mastered from common knowledge. Besides, any major game must have a huge wiki about it to back up the vast amount of content in a sole place. 

In my case, I've been interested in all British. (This does not mean I can't do other nations articles) When I look at outdated info or missing info it feels like either nobody plays with this thing or nobody cares about. It's unsettling seeing the number of noteworthy things that have not been written off. Useful knowledge for lots of players that just entered the game. We are just talking about the English version of the wiki. 

I say I like the idea of participating because I enjoy writing, analyzing, investigating, designing and improving the lexicon; food for the brain, you know. It would also help new players know more about their vehicles, which is something I support. These are the main reasons why I applied for the program. Of course, when u get items like GE back it just gets more rewarding and fulfilling.

• Like 1
medal medal

5 hours ago, blastedryan said:

Explain why you deserve to get in and maybe we could make help you get in.

That sounds great and hopeful. I appreciate any possible effort.

medal medal

• 2 months later...

Figured to apply as well at this stage, the two biggest reasons why I'd want to join and contribute is gaps I see in people filling out the History section of vehicles, as well as just Naval in general being kind of bare bones in my view, it would definitely need work.

Maybe I'll get a response back, if thats the case I'll do the best I can ever do. But I expect a long wait at least

medal medal medal medal

You do not need to explain on here, why you think you deserve to get in. We really do read all your applications.

Just make sure on your application, that it focuses on you: why you want to be in it, what you feel you can bring to our great wiki.  - Just be yourself when you fill it in, that's all. 

Generally being activate on the wiki, making contributions, showing interest and being curious is good too. 

Keep an eye on your inboxes, we will have more waves soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2