Specs card templates for armaments

Hey. Im through first stage of ships armament check up and Ive been looking on some specific weapons and noticed there isnt any universal spec card template for armament. Something like spec card for vehicles where BR, Class, Crew, Displacement, etc. are always on the same line for all vehicles. 

Here is example with torpedoes. Look only on general characteristics as one of them is aerial/ship. As I intend to to create this kind of chart for all ship armaments (machineguns, canons, additional) it would be best to set some rules how to create it for all categories of armament (ground forces and aircraft included). Or create some kind of spec card like vehicles have (not sure how that works tho).

Edit: Just found out there is template for automatic weapons Template:AutoWeapon-Card. Still need one for Ship cannons, torpedoes, rockets, depth charges

torps.png.a0ed18940ea621874d64097dd048d4

Edited by GunFetish
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

I believe that any sort of universal table should be as simple as possible.. It not only takes a long time to make all of them for every page in the category, it is also way too hard to keep all of them up to date after they are all done.

I personally would trim the torpedo card you've shown down to:

Type

Mass

TNT equivalent explosive mass

max speed

max range (+ alternate mode)

drop speed

drop alt

The other info isn't really useful for gameplay or is constant among all torpedoes(arming distance and depth stroke).

medal medal medal

Those two up there are created by DnaGonite on wiki already.

Edit: Cannons doesnt need Diameter as its already in wiki page name

2112814972_speccards.png.0549bf9a5a3673c

Edited by GunFetish
medal medal

Really nobody is interested in this? Shame. Today I will complete naval armament links and then I will start addid cards for machineguns category as we have spec card template for that. Hope someone from senior wiki editors will make some spec card templates for other weaponry in game so it will not end up as those two torpedoes in first post (mess)... 

Edited by GunFetish
medal medal

Are you looking for someone to create a template that would create the cards in your post?

A 'specs-card' type template is highly unlikely to be made by the admins. Though I could make a general template where the user would have to input all the data and it would spit out the table.

medal medal medal

Something like THIS. Its not about creating. We should agree on how they will looks like so they all look the same... Thats why I created this topic so we can dicuss it but looks like nobody cares and meanwhile someone is creating spec cards for cannon on wiki by his own formula... 

{{AutoWeapon-Card
 |image =
 |title = 
 |MG-calibre =
 |Belt-capacity 
 |RoF = 
 |MG-velocity = 
 |MG-max-pen = 
}}
Edited by GunFetish
medal medal

2 hours ago, GunFetish said:

We should agree on how they will looks like so they all look the same... Thats why I created this topic so we can dicuss it but looks like nobody cares and meanwhile someone is creating spec cards for cannon on wiki by his own formula... 

Well just make it and if the mods approve the edits go ahead with it. The other spec cards are made by mods on the wiki so they are free to do whatever.

medal medal medal

• 1 month later...