Samuel_Hyde

Did T-44 tanks ever get upgrades besides the 122mm type and 100mm type guns?

well, the T-44 as a tank got other upgrades, but not to the gun. both of the guns ended up essentially "one off" prototypes, however there were some modification/upgrade packages. mainly you have the T-44M, T-44S, and T-44MS. the T-44M was a modernization, the S was a T-44 with a two-plane stabilizer, the T-44MS was both the modernization and stabilizer combined. it would be cool to see the M and/or MS in the tree and the S as maybe a T-44 premium at the same BR as the MS.

On 26/01/2020 at 00:23, G3cko873 said:

well, the T-44 as a tank got other upgrades, but not to the gun. both of the guns ended up essentially "one off" prototypes, however there were some modification/upgrade packages. mainly you have the T-44M, T-44S, and T-44MS. the T-44M was a modernization, the S was a T-44 with a two-plane stabilizer, the T-44MS was both the modernization and stabilizer combined. it would be cool to see the M and/or MS in the tree and the S as maybe a T-44 premium at the same BR as the MS.

im very conflicted about the T-44MS since you cant put it at the same BR as M46

but its not exactly a 7.3-7.7 kind of tank

It does have similar UFP as the T-54 which i really like but the turret is not good enough for 7.7 and will be uptiered to fight 8.0-8.3

medal medal medal medal

15 minutes ago, Samuel_Hyde said:

It does have similar UFP as the T-54 which i really like but the turret is not good enough for 7.7 and will be uptiered to fight 8.0-8.3

T-44MS is already suggested

medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, Samuel_Hyde said:

I think the MS is easily a 7.0 tank due to one blatant reason, it is still stuck with that damned 85mm gun, but, now is it not only stabilized, but it also has access to 3BK2M HEAT-FS with 300mm of pen. With the other two. This would be good though as it could mean the T-44-100 could finally go down to 6.7 with its opposing equivalent, the Panther II.

21 hours ago, KH_Alan said:

T-44MS is already suggested

Passed for consideration in 2019.... which means IF it gets approved we can look forward to it in 2022.

15 hours ago, G3cko873 said:

I think the MS is easily a 7.0 tank due to one blatant reason, it is still stuck with that damned 85mm gun, but, now is it not only stabilized, but it also has access to 3BK2M HEAT-FS with 300mm of pen. With the other two. This would be good though as it could mean the T-44-100 could finally go down to 6.7 with its opposing equivalent, the Panther II

7.0? *wince* Can just imagine the idiotically painful grind with it's pathetic 85mm ammo against stuff from Tiger 2s, T-29s to 8.0 tanks that need APFSDS to be penned. Holy crap, think of it facing the MAUS! It wouldn't even be able to pen it if it drove right up to Maus's side or as-s... I was lucky enough to grind my Soviet Type-62 with it's puny 85mm when it was still 5.7, can't imagine having to grind it at 6.7, much less 7.0....

T-44-100 needs to go down to 6.7, the fact that Panther 2 is there but 44-100 isn't, is a disgrace for Gaijin. That doesn't mean however that we can't have two T-44's at that BR... And if I remember my work with ASU-85 which should have same HEATFS the post-pen of that round is pathetic.

Lastly, consider the fact that M46, M48 and other stuff is at 7.0; - T-44 with 85 mil, even with HEATFS, can't compare to them.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 minutes ago, jackTIGR said:

7.0? *wince* Can just imagine the idiotically painful grind with it's pathetic 85mm ammo against stuff from Tiger 2s, T-29s to 8.0 tanks that need APFSDS to be penned. Holy crap, think of it facing the MAUS! It wouldn't even be able to pen it if it drove right up to Maus's side or as-s... I was lucky enough to grind my Soviet Type-62 with it's puny 85mm when it was still 5.7, can't imagine having to grind it at 6.7, much less 7.0....

T-44-100 needs to go down to 6.7, the fact that Panther 2 is there but 44-100 isn't, is a disgrace for Gaijin. That doesn't mean however that we can't have two T-44's at that BR... And if I remember my work with ASU-85 which should have same HEATFS the post-pen of that round is pathetic.

Lastly, consider the fact that M46, M48 and other stuff is at 7.0; - T-44 with 85 mil, even with HEATFS, can't compare to them.

at 7.7, you are likely to face tanks with weak armour. Everything that isn't a heavy tank will be easily penned and one-shot by your 85mm cannon. 

Your incredible speed means you can outstrip a Leopard . At 8.0, tanks give up on armour entirely because fin rounds make it useless. it's not till 9.0 that you get composites capable of stopping fin rounds. Once you get HEATFS, you will be fine. You can pen everything from the front and everything can pen you. That's an easy trade-off.

No it doesn't. The panther II didn't need to go down. It was only done to try and alleviate the winrates of Germany 6.7. The T-44-100 on the other hand is an incredibly capable tank. It's winrates are stellar

medal