Samuel_Hyde

Tanks and planes 500 meters away doesnt make any sound

in air battles planes at 1.8km started to have sound

in Ground battles tanks doesnt make any noise even when its 300 meters close, and only started to have sound  50 meters away

while planes doesnt make any sound despite flying closer than 1km away.

Shots over 800m are also very silent, this is evident when you are being shot by russian 122mm 1km away that has no sound.

Many times i hear no sound and suddenly a tank already flanked me at full speed and shot me, then i saw the kill feed that my teammates also died before me and that doesnt have any sound either.

medal medal medal

with such small maps in ground forces you don't want to hear tanks from 500m away. Otherwise wou will become insane. Gameplay wise the engines are already loud enough. if they become even louder there is no chance anymore in setting up a surprise flanking attack or anything similiar because everybody will hear you long before

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, Rainbowprincess said:

with such small maps in ground forces you don't want to hear tanks from 500m away. Otherwise wou will become insane. Gameplay wise the engines are already loud enough. if they become even louder there is no chance anymore in setting up a surprise flanking attack or anything similiar because everybody will hear you long before

well not loud, more like having sound that you can hear.

most of the time its silent.

medal medal medal

On 22/01/2020 at 09:11, Rainbowprincess said:

And that's exactly what we're missing.

In the worst case you could still lower the volume if a sensory overload is creeping around the corner  ;)

In my book, anything that makes this pos more realistic in regards to immersion, is a win. It also would make the option to turn off the engine more interesting for the vehicles in the lower ranks where thermals aren't a thing.

I would really love to hear this implemented, along with the sonic boom from the ground, but there are a lot of problems as of now with this game, and an update to the ambient noises it's not particulary urgent.

• Upvote 1

Well, yes it kinda works, the thing is you should be able to hear a tank from about 1.5 km in an open field and let's say around 500m in a town like the one in Maginot.

It also gets added to the mix what kind of engine does the tank have, a R975 powered Sherman would be hella loud in comparison with the diesel one, or a gas turbine would be quieter than a turbo diesel and so on.

Edited by CptPejelagarto
The tracks are also important, rubber vs steel makes a substantial difference.

I guess it depends on what one would consider "better", let's agree to disagree because I´d love it!