Greeting everyone from the great state of Texas.  Pretty new to this game.  I usually play World of Tank Blitz, but find the graphics on this game amazing.  It is difficult, but I am getting the hang of it.  As a retired Army cavalryman, I hope one day to work up to the M1 Abrams, my old tank.

One quick question, I am curious about how the determine the order of the respawn tanks.  Can I set this so I can choose what is coming next?

• Upvote 2

Hello and welcome from the middle of Europe :happy:

1 hour ago, MustangLarry said:

It is difficult, but I am getting the hang of it.

Glad to hear that - indeed, Warthunder has a tougher learning curve than other games. However, the basics can be broken down quite easily: Knowledge is power and a key to victory!

1 hour ago, MustangLarry said:

One quick question, I am curious about how the determine the order of the respawn tanks.  Can I set this so I can choose what is coming next?

I don't think I know what you want to know exactly, so I'll try to explain the crew slots - maybe it's just too late at night for me :biggrin:

Re-reading my whole text it is probably better I put this in a clickable spoiler - perhaps my last sentence in my reply is already is your answer :unsure:

Spoiler

On the bottom of the hangar you see the crew slots.

Each crew slot can be given a vehicle, and this vehicle is not available to the other crew slots then.

However, if you unequip a vehicle from a crew slot (it's called "Send to Holiday" in the menu), a different crew slot can be equipped with that vehicle.

So, if you have an M1 Abrams on Crew Slot #1 and you want to put it on Crew Slot #3, you need to unequip it from #1 first (or assign a different vehicle to Crew Slot #1).

In Arcade Tank Battles (Tank AB for short), you can only use 3 vehicles of your choice. You can have more than 3 vehicles in your vehicle preset (a.k.a. the current choice of vehicles for a battle) of course to chose a vehicle depending on your need.

So, for example, crew slot #1 is an M1 Abrams, #2 is an M60, #3 is an M163, #4 is a Bradley IFV and crew slot #5 is an M24 Light Tank. You can bring them all into the match but you cannot use them all in Tank AB. You only have 3 respawns there (well, actually 2 respawns since you spawn with your first vehicle and that's not a respawn).

So, chose carefully. :happy:

In Realistic Tank Battles (Tank RB for short), you can use as many vehicles as you like - it all depends on respawn points gained during the battle. If you get enough respawn points through various actions (like shooting at enemies, capturing zones, assisting your teammates, spotting tanks, getting shot at etc.) you can use any vehicle on your next respawn.

Please mind that light tanks and AA vehicles usually need a low amount of respawn points while medium tanks and especially heavy tanks take a greater amount of them.

Planes with a full loadout of rockets and bombs (if available) also cut down on your respawn points.

So, I hope you see that it's basically up to you in which order you select a vehicle!

Just hover your mouse cursor over the vehicle you want to use for a (re)spawn in the spawn menu in a battle and you should be good to go :smile:

Edited by michiyl
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hi Larry, also from Texas and been here . . . .  a while now . . .. lol. I hope you enjoy your time here and have fun doing that. There are a LOT of vehicles, tanks, planes and ships now.  I also hope you find the time to play them all as good fun to be had with all vehicle types and many game modes to choose from. The Forum is a great place for ALL things WT and asking questions will help you out a lot as well. A good Squadron, Squad mates and even in game chat(s) can be helpful too. 
Oh & one other thing . . .  Remember the ALAMO!!!!

• Like 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal